• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

so is all the heat on the GoTG 2008 series, none on the 2013 reboot or the "first appearances"?

The first appearances are very hot, but Starlord, Groot, Rocket, Gamora and Drax didn't first appear in Modern, so maybe that's why nobody mentions them.

Same with Thanos, Ronan the Accuser, and Nebula.

I posted a while back about 2 different colored covers of Preacher #61, I finally dug them out and took a picture. The difference isn't subtle at all, like just one shade lighter, it's vastly different to where it looks like a variant cover. It's not sun faded, I got it in a well preserved collection. Any info?..

p><p> Same book. UPC matches, and there isn

Could be any number of things.

*Difference in Storage

*Printed at 2 difference facilities

*Printing press running low on ink

*Printed in multiple batches, and nobody bothered to re-check the colour samples

*You bought a bootleg copy from the Richmond Night Market

I posted a while back about 2 different colored covers of Preacher #61, I finally dug them out and took a picture. The difference isn't subtle at all, like just one shade lighter, it's vastly different to where it looks like a variant cover. It's not sun faded, I got it in a well preserved collection. Any info?..

*Difference in Storage

*Printed in multiple batches, and nobody bothered to re-check the colour samples

looks like the one on the left might have been used as a window display.

Unless you have more than one copy of the one on the left, I think its sun damage.

It's conceivable the yellow strike was weak on the left copy. Try comparing the back covers of both books. If they look the same, as they should, that will suggest fading to the front of the left one rather than an overall printing defect.

The early TMNT IDWs are still selling extremely well. I bought a run from 1-10 (with all the #1 covers and a couple of extras) plus the first four micro-series issues for $80, and they're closing now.

Let's just say that was a good 2 week flip.

I'm about to list my #1-#22. 8 of the issues are signed and remarked by Eastman. No 5A though.... :(

It's funny because I never thought to ask about which cover the 5 was because I was getting such a good deal. The ONLY issue that he had just the B cover was 5. I'm still happy.

I sold a 5A in the fall and did pretty well with it. For the Turtles, I always do auction. They sit at BINs, but do really well with bidding wars.

*Difference in Storage

looks like the one on the left might have been used as a window display.

Unless you have more than one copy of the one on the left, I think its sun damage.

Yeah that would be it, because the ink on the backs are the same and I just noticed a thin line of yellowing on the top of the 1st page. Duhhhh. I'm keeping it, I like the way it looks and the logo isn't messed up or anything. Thanx for pointing out the obvious to me haha

Edited by Lonzilla

Preacher 61,

All you have to do now, is Crumble it up, sit on it, use it as a coaster for a bit. Get it graded a 0.5 at CGC, and voila you have a $700.00+ one of a kind. Oh don't forget to let Bleeding Cool know first so they can spotlight it.

I got the trade for the story, the art is driving me nuts, the story is good. I will not be picking up the floppies.

floppies have some amazing cover art imo. esp some of the variants.

tumblr_n19j2509WE1qz5rxno5_1280-600x231_zps3b1c9ee3.jpg

Edited by Symbiotic

I got the trade for the story, the art is driving me nuts, the story is good. I will not be picking up the floppies.

floppies have some amazing cover art imo. esp some of the variants.

tumblr_n19j2509WE1qz5rxno5_1280-600x231_zps3b1c9ee3.jpg

Worth collecting the single issues just for the cover art. The story is the icing on the cake.

Over the next year or so these should all make some of us some money. Which ones would you all be hoarding the most of, if any?

DMZ 1

Squee 1

Gotg 1 2nd print

Transformers 4-first DInobots

Terminator one shot-first Sarah Connor/Rust 12-first terminator appearance in comics/Terminator 12-first John Connor

Red Star 1

Uncanny 191-first Nimrod

Uncanny 189-Days of Future Past tie-in

Letter 44 1 variant