• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Over the next year or so these should all make some of us some money. Which ones would you all be hoarding the most of, if any?

DMZ 1

Squee 1

Gotg 1 2nd print

Transformers 4-first DInobots

Terminator one shot-first Sarah Connor/Rust 12-first terminator appearance in comics/Terminator 12-first John Connor

Red Star 1

Uncanny 191-first Nimrod

Uncanny 189-Days of Future Past tie-in

Letter 44 1 variant

1. Letter 44, I'm holding what I have left.

2. GotG 1 2nd pint. This movie is creating a lot of heat. It is also spilling over into the current series which I did really well with in sets. I would move all of mine before the movie comes out but that's just me.

3. DMZ. I loved this story and I never bought the floppies which I now regret. Wood rocks.

4. Uncanny 191. I've been buying these as long as I can remember thinking other people are going to figure out that this is a must own but so far, nothing.

5. Red Star. I have 1 set and i fell in love with it and another book called Cla$$war when they came out. I doubt this will do much but it's worth reading.

The rest I just don't have a read on but good luck with them. (thumbs u

Over the next year or so these should all make some of us some money. Which ones would you all be hoarding the most of, if any?

DMZ 1

Squee 1

Gotg 1 2nd print

Terminator one shot-first Sarah Connor/Rust 12-first terminator appearance in comics/Terminator 12-first John Connor

Red Star 1

Uncanny 191-first Nimrod

Letter 44 1 variant

1. Letter 44, I'm holding what I have left.

2. GotG 1 2nd pint. This movie is creating a lot of heat. It is also spilling over into the current series which I did really well with in sets. I would move all of mine before the movie comes out but that's just me.

3. DMZ. I loved this story and I never bought the floppies which I now regret. Wood rocks.

4. Uncanny 191. I've been buying these as long as I can remember thinking other people are going to figure out that this is a must own but so far, nothing.

5. Red Star. I have 1 set and i fell in love with it and another book called Cla$$war when they came out. I doubt this will do much but it's worth reading.

The rest I just don't have a read on but good luck with them. (thumbs u

Forgot all about Cla$$war , great comic.

Green Lantern #28/Red Lanterns #28 is still a quick flip for a few extra dollars. Not the combo pack or anything other printing. Just the 1st print.

Edited by Taco

Green Lantern #28/Red Lanterns #28 is still a quick flip for a few extra dollars. Not the combo pack or anything other printing. Just the 1st print.

Grabbed a few of these. Was going to get a couple more but I read one copy and didn't think it was all that great. Just Supergirl as a RL....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141210687821?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

I just let one set go for $75 shipped. This really is crazy. Midtown Comics had the Ottley variant in stock for weeks.

Edit: My last purchase of the Ottley variant from MC was 12/9 (it was released 11/13). It probably sold out within a week of that because I was buying copies every few days.

Edited by Taco

DMZ 1

Squee 1

Gotg 1 2nd print

Red Star 1

Uncanny 191-first Nimrod

Letter 44 1 variant

I hope so for Letter 44, I have a nice pile of both variants. My LCS still has copies of the Phantom on the shelf, not sure if I should keep grabbing them. They're only $1...

Black Hole # 4 is on ebay today 31 bids 1800 dollars so far.

Link?

....I'm not finding it. (shrug)

Found it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Hole-4-Very-Rare-High-Grade-Whitman-Pre-Pack-Only-1980-CGC-9-6-NM-/310880961744?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4861f304d0

I must grade low. Those corners look awful for a 9.6

+1, how is that a 9.6? I have an 8.5 with better corners than that.

Black Hole # 4 is on ebay today 31 bids 1800 dollars so far.

Link?

....I'm not finding it. (shrug)

Found it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Hole-4-Very-Rare-High-Grade-Whitman-Pre-Pack-Only-1980-CGC-9-6-NM-/310880961744?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4861f304d0

I must grade low. Those corners look awful for a 9.6

+1, how is that a 9.6? I have an 8.5 with better corners than that.

I agree. Wow. Those corners are beat.