• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I got lucky I was on there when it was listed.. Now hopefully he ships it right,. I gave specific instructions so hopefully it'll get to me in good shape.

please don't buy any books from me on ebay. pirate2323

thanks

???

some sellers gets aggravated when buyers tell them their business about how to pack books.

I got lucky I was on there when it was listed.. Now hopefully he ships it right,. I gave specific instructions so hopefully it'll get to me in good shape.

thanks

???

some sellers gets aggravated when buyers tell them their business about how to pack books.

Personally, I hate it. But I've learned to tolerate (ignore) it. Why? Because you will not receive a better package from anyone, anywhere, anyhow. :sumo:

thanks

???

...but the customer is the one who is putting money in your pocket. I have had more than a few books show up bent with no cardboard protection. So don't take it personal if you get a message like that from someone you have not dealt with before.

thanks

???

Personally, I hate it. But I've learned to tolerate (ignore) it. Why? Because you will not receive a better package from anyone, anywhere, anyhow. :sumo:

Except from me....

thanks

???

...but the customer is the one who is putting money in your pocket. I have had more than a few books show up bent with no cardboard protection. So don't take it personal if you get a message like that from someone you have not dealt with before.

But if you're buying from sellers that don't know how to ship, that's your first mistake. :grin:

:gossip: And instructions won't make a lick of difference. lol

A seller isn't going to change their shipping method because a buyer tells them to, unless it involves paying for an upgraded shipping service at the cost of the buyer. The seller either already cares about proper shipping or doesn't. A message to the seller from the buyer telling them how to pack their books annoys the seller and that is all it does. Sellers do not like being told how to run their business.

I personally do not care, I am just telling you how it is.

I agree with the majority. I send books the way I have been for 14 years and so far, no complaints. I don't mind someone asking though and if I have what they need, I'm willing to accomodate to some degree though not willing to forgo stuff that I know works.

I sometimes ask sellers to write "Do Not Bend" on the package because my postal person likes to make things fit in my box. Other than that I don't tell them how to package books because its annoying when people do it to me. I look at it as if you are working at a grocery store checkout and the customer walks up and tells you to bag their stuff correctly before you have a chance to do anything.

I sometimes ask sellers to write "Do Not Bend" on the package because my postal person likes to make things fit in my box. Other than that I don't tell them how to package books because its annoying when people do it to me. I look at it as if you are working at a grocery store checkout and the customer walks up and tells you to bag their stuff correctly before you have a chance to do anything.

My postman does just the same - I have lost count of how many books have been folded to mail through the letter box. Even some that are labelled "do not bend".

I have started smiling things to my work address!

My postman does just the same - I have lost count of how many books have been folded to mail through the letter box. Even some that are labelled "do not bend".

That's the spirit, put a happy face on the problem.

Did you forget to tip him at Christmas??? lol

But if you're buying from sellers that don't know how to ship, that's your first mistake. :grin:

Right, its eBay, I don't know anybody I buy from.

A seller isn't going to change their shipping method because a buyer tells them to, unless it involves paying for an upgraded shipping service at the cost of the buyer. The seller either already cares about proper shipping or doesn't. A message to the seller from the buyer telling them how to pack their books annoys the seller and that is all it does. Sellers do not like being told how to run their business.

I personally do not care, I am just telling you how it is.

I don't message people, but if I get books that are not packaged well I assume they are not collectors, meaning they probably don't know they need to use care. It can be informative at the least.

Edited by ygogolak

...but the customer is the one who is putting money in your pocket. I have had more than a few books show up bent with no cardboard protection. S

After you get a comic from Tank Comics. You get pissed at others that don't put it in a box with bubble wrap. I think the sellers need to run a business that thinks of the buyers as a customer.

...but the customer is the one who is putting money in your pocket. I have had more than a few books show up bent with no cardboard protection. S

After you get a comic from Tank Comics. You get pissed at others that don't put it in a box with bubble wrap. I think the sellers need to run a business that thinks of the buyers as a customer.

+1 Ryan's a stellar packer :headbang:

+1 Ryan's a stellar packer :headbang:

+1 kazillion. :grin:

I would never tell someone how to specifically package something (seems weird).

But I have zero problems telling the person that I want it packaged securely, not in an envelope, or something simple.

I do think it makes a differences in select cases. I agree that many will just do whatever they want. But I've had sellers contacting me to either assure it's security or that they beefed it up based on a simple note.

I don't care how it gets to me, as long as it gets there as ordered.

Pat