• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I have yet to have a comic that I have sent damaged in the shipping...but I am knocking on wood...

I use a modified cardboard sandwich, with a little bubble wrap on the corners....It would be very difficult to bend that.....the post person not only must ignore my instructions on both sides, but really expend a good deal of effort...

I sometimes ask sellers to write "Do Not Bend" on the package because my postal person likes to make things fit in my box. Other than that I don't tell them how to package books because its annoying when people do it to me. I look at it as if you are working at a grocery store checkout and the customer walks up and tells you to bag their stuff correctly before you have a chance to do anything.

I have a friend that works for the post office. He said the ones that read it laughs at the do not bend and fragile stamps and stickers. He also said most dont read anything but the address and ignores the rest.

I have personally sent a package and watched the check in person throw it 10 feet away into the box.

I think when you write do not bend on the package they take it as a DARE or a challenge. :facepalm:

I just clearly state that all books are bagged/boarded and shipped in a box.

Seems to do the trick of avoiding messages... (thumbs u

That absolutely does the trick.. I never have to ask anyone here how they ship all the boardies have always shipped me great books.. (thumbs u

Edited by Neo778

I sometimes ask sellers to write "Do Not Bend" on the package because my postal person likes to make things fit in my box. Other than that I don't tell them how to package books because its annoying when people do it to me. I look at it as if you are working at a grocery store checkout and the customer walks up and tells you to bag their stuff correctly before you have a chance to do anything.

I have a friend that works for the post office. He said the ones that read it laughs at the do not bend and fragile stamps and stickers. He also said most dont read anything but the address and ignores the rest.

I have personally sent a package and watched the check in person throw it 10 feet away into the box.

I think when you write do not bend on the package they take it as a DARE or a challenge. :facepalm:

Yeah pretty much the case. Writing on the package or putting the stamp on does nothing to protect the book. That's the seller's job.

Well you can't get a box from Canada with cheap shipping....

To get things reasonable from Canada you have to stay under 200 grams....no insurance/tracking...So when people ask for that stuff after they pay it causes me a bit of stress....

I can see canada from the observation deck of the empire state building, it's just to close for comfort.

That's new jersey. Debatably America, but definitely not Canada.

I can see canada from the observation deck of the empire state building, it's just to close for comfort.

It's not Jersey, because on the jersey side you see clouds of chemical waste billowing in the wind.

It's not Jersey, because on the jersey side you see clouds of chemical waste billowing in the wind.

This is what my neighbor's house looks like. True story!

05-05-ECR-Cover-Aqua-Teen-Hunger-Force-3.jpg