• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

The 50's original of that cover from Chamber Of Chills is impossible to get and very expensive because of The Misfits using it for their "Die Die My Darling" record cover in the 80's. Surely some crossover collector appeal

The 50's original of that cover from Chamber Of Chills is impossible to get and very expensive because of The Misfits using it for their "Die Die My Darling" record cover in the 80's. Surely some crossover collector appeal

The Misfits :headbang:

Seeing that Alias cover brings back memories. Bendis was an absolute beast back then cranking out Alias, USM, Powers and Daredevil which were all great.

I want that guy to come back.

He was on fire back then. He was also putting out Ult Team-Up at that time.

Alias was great. Glad to see the positive interest in the character/book. Well deserved. Only concern is that I don't think it's too rare.

Pat

Alias, 1, $2.99, Marvel, 52,379

If it wasnt a Netflix series it would have a higher ceiling, but the book will be hot for sure, especially during the shows run, the crossover, and if it gets renewed beyond that, etc.

People shouldnt run out and spend tons on it, but no harm in picking it up for just below whatever the current average is. ( I bought my complete run about 3 years ago, on the first rumors)

besides, ZaCrew assures that it is hard in 9.8

Edited by CBT

If it wasnt a Netflix series it would have a higher ceiling, but the book will be hot for sure, especially during the shows run, the crossover, and if it gets renewed beyond that, etc.

I wouldn't discount Netflix just yet. They seemed to have turned it around by signing a deal with Disney. This means that Disney will be making their library available which should keep a lot of parents on the Netflix tit. Also Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are hits. They are willing to develop original content and are showing that they can do it well.

The Misfits :headbang:

It's a cool reprint, but the original is a must-own. :sumo: One of the best horror covers of the pre-code era.

chamberofchills19.jpg

People shouldnt run out and spend tons on it, but no harm in picking it up for just below whatever the current average is. ( I bought my complete run about 3 years ago, on the first rumors)

Yeah, I'm not knocking it. In fact, looking back on it, it was a top 27 book back in 2001. I was simply surprised the numbers were that high. I thought it was more outside the mainstream but I guess I forgot how big of a draw Bendis was back then.

Seeing that Alias cover brings back memories. Bendis was an absolute beast back then cranking out Alias, USM, Powers and Daredevil which were all great.

Wont have to wait long then...

United States of Murder Inc

I could be wrong, but I think this comment was directed more at the quality of the work, rather than any lack of production.

IMO, Bendis was the best writer in comics for a good 3 to 4 years with those books listed above. I'd also add AKA Goldfish, Jinx, and Torso to that list. That being said, the quality seems to have petered out since then (again, IMO).

Wont have to wait long then...

United States of Murder Inc

I could be wrong, but I think this comment was directed more at the quality of the work, rather than any lack of production.

IMO, Bendis was the best writer in comics for a good 3 to 4 years with those books listed above. I'd also add AKA Goldfish, Jinx, and Torso to that list. That being said, the quality seems to have petered out since then (again, IMO).

Yep. That is what I was referring to though his output was incredible back then. I think his production levels spawned Hickman, Spencer, and guys like that.

Netflix and similar platforms are the future. This works for the series, not against it.

I wouldn't discount Netflix just yet. They seemed to have turned it around by signing a deal with Disney. This means that Disney will be making their library available which should keep a lot of parents on the Netflix tit. Also Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are hits. They are willing to develop original content and are showing that they can do it well.

And they are not overly concerned with ratings. Their focus is content. This is good news for those of us that are sick of series cancellations with no conclusion.

The forumla is real simple...If the book sells raw for more than $10 on average, it's worth slabbing.

lol

If only that were true.

I would say even lower, cover price, there's a guy here who has a subscription service where he slabs new release books for a "PROFIT" believe it or not.

I love netflix, i dont watch TV only movies from my collection or tv shows on netflix, and streaming is the future. I was not knocking netflix, just saying, a netflix 13 episode serial isnt the next Walking Dead.....

The show just wont have the same reach as a cable or network show. But, if after the defenders crossover, it becomes an ongoing staple on netflix, year after year, then look out.

Edited by CBT