• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

You know when you work at a comic book store and someone asks you what a good book to buy now before it heats up is, and you say Batman Adventures #1 or Marvel Age 25 and they say "thats BS, that will never be worth more than a buck" so you rip it up in front of them and say "fine"?

definitely having ripping up books remorse right now.

You need an intervention Jimmy. Perhaps a 2 month stay at Cleavon Littles Ripper Ranch out in Kookamonga Idaho. They understand your struggle and can help you alleviate your guilt and suffering from past rippings. It's an easy 492 step process that involves love, kindness, lubricant and cattle. Sure, it's scary at first, but by step 302, you're into the swing of things. I wish you well, and if you decide to go, let me know as I have plenty of repeat customer coupons I could slide your way.

You need an intervention Jimmy. Perhaps a 2 month stay at Cleavon Littles Ripper Ranch out in Kookamonga Idaho. They understand your struggle and can help you alleviate your guilt and suffering from past rippings. It's an easy 492 step process that involves love, kindness, lubricant and cattle. Sure, it's scary at first, but by step 302, you're into the swing of things. I wish you well, and if you decide to go, let me know as I have plenty of repeat customer coupons I could slide your way.

lol

This kills me, because I collected the animated books as they came out, every single issue, over the years, from the original Batman Adventures up until they relaunched Batman Strikes (or whatever it was called). I adored these books, as I've long felt that the animated universe was the single best distillation of the Batman characters.

Eventually I sold off all of my "floppies", and the animated books were the absolute last thing to go. But at the time (this would have been, what, the early/mid aughts?) these books weren't worth much of anything. I sold them in complete sets for a pittance, but I thought it was decent cash at the time for books that no one really seemed to want.

Fast forward to the last year or so, as I remembered how much I loved these books, and decided to start collection the series again...and yikes! Not only are prices spiking, the books are simply hard to find in high grade.

I've got the hardest ones out of the way (including my 9.8 Bat Advs 12, thankfully bought before the price spike!) but if these books all jump up in the 10 to 15 bucks ea range, I'm going to have to just enjoy my memories.

They are really, really, really fun books though.

So let me get this straight, on top of the the cover A and B by JSC for both Superior #31 and Amazing #1, there are Midtown Color and now Sketch exclusives for both titles as well as color and sketch variants for Amazing #1.1. Midtown has images of early versions for two of the issues and one final version for the color and sketch to Superior #31. This is the non-midtown JSC which I just found on Previews.

STK635926.jpg

I assume Krighton wants 30 to count, because he pr-ordered them, but it will be the market that decides what people are willing to pay for them.

30 certainly has the better potential from a purely print run size. We have seen before, print run size, cheer leading on these boards, bleedingcool, etc, are all capable of moving books.

I think if the MD shillers could get some action on this book before anyone has a chance to doubt, we can get it cemented before the other two come out.

I assume Krighton wants 30 to count, because he pr-ordered them

I think if the MD shillers could get some action on this book before anyone has a chance to doubt, we can get it cemented before the other two come out.

So lame.

:facepalm:

-slym

if you read it, it's quite a bit more than a 'cameo'. Not your typical one shot. Course it's all a matter of opinion, no lack of that around here.

9 panels on 1 page and then following page is 1 full page...so pretty important.

Edited by krighton