• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Stan lee won't be around very long and when he's gone I think books with his signature may be sought after.

Makes me wonder though the sheer volume of his signatures that are out there. I realize its Stan Lee, but every big show I go to has him signing.

There are 3600+ Stan SS on ebay when I searched yesterday. That's pretty insane

Kinda like how there will never be a shortage of Pete Rose autographed baseballs, every weekend he's signing somewhere

Stan lee won't be around very long and when he's gone I think books with his signature may be sought after.

Makes me wonder though the sheer volume of his signatures that are out there. I realize its Stan Lee, but every big show I go to has him signing.

There are 3600+ Stan SS on ebay when I searched yesterday. That's pretty insane

There's only one thing I would ever pay to have Stan Lee sign:

234545_20110920031235_large_zps17408a50.jpg

when stan does eventually pass away, his sig books will go nuts, then settle down, with the ones that he actually was involved with creating, staying meteoric. The drek will likely crash hard.

when stan does eventually pass away, the first to market sig books will go nuts, then the market will be flooded and prices will drop, then settle down, with the ones that he actually was involved with creating, staying meteoric. The drek will likely crash hard.

I looked on eBay and I can't believe the amount of Batman books he's signed.. And people are buying them! :facepalm:

Yeah...that just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you have Stan Lee sign a DC book? Spend a buck and at least buy some kind of Marvel comic for him to sign.

I never did understand having someone sketch a Marvel character on a DC blank cover comic and vice-versa. I know some people think it's OK, but I could never do that myself and feel right about it.

when stan does eventually pass away, the first to market sig books will go nuts, then the market will be flooded and prices will drop, then settle down, with the ones that he actually was involved with creating, staying meteoric. The drek will likely crash hard.

FTFY

I looked on eBay and I can't believe the amount of Batman books he's signed.. And people are buying them! :facepalm:

Yeah...that just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you have Stan Lee sign a DC book? Spend a buck and at least buy some kind of Marvel comic for him to sign.

I never did understand having someone sketch a Marvel character on a DC blank cover comic and vice-versa. I know some people think it's OK, but I could never do that myself and feel right about it.

Right?! I feel the need to find the most ridiculous thing Stan Lee has signed. Time to check eBay.. I will report back my result.

Right?! I feel the need to find the most ridiculous thing Stan Lee has signed. Time to check eBay.. I will report back my result.

The most ridiculous thing he signed probably won't be on ebay :censored::roflmao:

This one I thought was kinda silly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAWN-231-SPIDER-MAN-1-13-COVER-SWIPE-CGC-SS-9-8-SIGNED-BY-STAN-LEE-MOVIE-2-/371033228964?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item56634dc6a4

after getting a Fantastic Four book SS by Stan at WW Philly last year I can understand. Most of the people in line were gawking at me for having the book in a holder with a cut out window for sig placement. They all had random BA beaters in their hands. I guess they were either thinking "get rich quick" or just caught up in the general mania of Stan being there.

For how much it costs for his sig one should do some homework and not just grab any book - but not everyone is a forumite

That said - a Batman book is inexcusable lol

I always wanted to get the 1975 "Super Stan" slurpee cup signed by him, that would be something different, and certain cups signed by certain artists

I got Stan to sign a Foom 17 a couple of years ago. I think it is the perfect thing for him to sign and it's probably the last thing that will ever leave my collection even if it isn't the most valuable.

Edited by Whizzer