• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I just don't understand the drive with Rat Queens.

Had the opportunity to buy many copies of #1 and passed.

Patrick

Female lead characters that girls from their late teens to mid 30s can identify with means an entire new audience that will read the book, including most comic nerds like us. I honestly think this book will end up getting Saga type legs.

Wow, random generic issues of the 1st Harley Quinn series (we knew #1 was hitting $20-$30+) briskly selling like generic Walking Dead issues from 6 years ago were selling a year ago at $6-$15+ a pop:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=harley+quinn+dodson&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Other thank Walking Dead pre issue 100 or so and Deadpool (90s series) I can't think of a modern title that is selling for a premium throughout the run like this? (Ok, it helps that it was only a 2 year run)

Why does it appear that the DCBS copy is doing so well, considering it had the lowest buy in point of all the variant covers at only $3.50 if purchased from DCBS, while the other variants had initial prices of $12 to $15, yet they look like they are stalling at those prices.

Patrick

You can still buy them. Lots on eBay for cover price.

Yeah, I don't believe #1 will be the problem for this book. I think runs, epecially complete A and B runs will get progressively tougher to get as time passes. The only #1s that are difficult to find/buy cheap are the Blank and the Staples.

Patrick

Yeah, I don't believe #1 will be the problem for this book. I think runs, epecially complete A and B runs will get progressively tougher to get as time passes. The only #1s that are difficult to find/buy cheap are the Blank and the Staples.

I have not found a blank yet!

Patrick

In terms of sheer numbers on regular covers, issues 2 and 3 will be the toughest. And yes, A&B sets will be tough, as there are only 6000+ or so of each cover of issue 2. I still expect issue 1 to catch fire eventually. Sure, the initial print run was high relative to later issues (thus far), but there are thousands of fans reading in trade format in addition to the regular floppy readers, and if there is any single issue these TPB readers might want to own, it's issue 1.

I also expect the monthly floppy sales to continue to steadily increase, and it might not be too long before the print run of issue 1 looks relatively low, rather than relatively high.

Edited by jjeanius