• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Pretty sure this isn't too accurate...

Saga #1 for $300.00?!?!

Maybe the RRP.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/12/hot-comics-the-three-hundred-dollar-club-may-2014/

"All raw copies, no slabbing here, no variant covers, no artificial collectibility, just the standard books that, if you have them in your collection, could pay your rent for a few months."

maybe if you live with your mother and she charges you $300 a month rent.

They followed the $300 list with $200 and $150 lists. I didn't bother to check them out.

Pretty sure this isn't too accurate...

Saga #1 for $300.00?!?!

Maybe the RRP.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/12/hot-comics-the-three-hundred-dollar-club-may-2014/

"All raw copies, no slabbing here, no variant covers, no artificial collectibility, just the standard books that, if you have them in your collection, could pay your rent for a few months."

maybe if you live with your mother and she charges you $300 a month rent.

They followed the $300 list with $200 and $150 lists. I didn't bother to check them out.

That #1 WD sold for $2300 raw? They were robbed so hard. :facepalm:

Pretty much almost everyone that bought

wd 2

wd 3

wd 19

asm 300

was completely robbed.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

What's that phrase?… "You can't rob the willing" ? Anybody putting up a bid or buy it now has resources to look into what they should be paying… just a matter of if they use those resources or not.

I didn't look into this specific scenario but sometimes offering international shipping brings in BIG extra bucks since a lot of seller don't even bother with it… at least in my experience in selling vintage toys on the bay.

That Superman/Batman Annual 4 is a tough find, especially the 2nd printing.

It's the Batman Beyond issue IMO. Came out the same day as Batman 700, but unlike 700, he's the central figure of the story. The first story to really make him a part of the DCU.

Superman/Batman Annual 4 was released before Batman 700 which was released before Batman Beyond 1 (the 2010 series).

The Superman/Batman Annual book is his first appearance/origin in the main DC universe and the second print was only a few thousand copies.

The first issue of the 1999 mini series is obviously the book to get but Annual 4 is the second.

The 1999 mini is very liquid right now, I'm guessing a near mint set of those 6 books would fetch anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars at the moment.

I haven't been able to find a Superman/Batman Annual 4 in the wild and believe me, I've looked

Its hard but not impossible. I have actually found more 2nd prints then 1st prints. I think I got $30 for my last 1st print.

Sets of the 1999 series are selling well, but they are nowhere near $75-100 currently. Will they get there maybe? Current demand seems more for just the first issue.

I think buyers could care less about the origin. They want the 1st app.

Seems lately I just put my book up it sells in a day for at the time is a good price then few days later the book explodes. Rinse repeat.....

I think buyers could care less about the origin. They want the 1st app.

Exactly

Come on, really? Batman Beyond has a strong following. I'm pretty sure readers are going to care a lot about the character's origin. Yea first appearances are all the rage these days along with swimsuit model rip-off art covers and over hyped, optioned comics like Sheltered, Pax Romana, Clone ( this one is actually good ), PP, etc...but the origins of collector's favorites matter. Maybe collectors just haven't been informed enough by those of us who enjoy doing so. Should a comic like Tales of the New Teen Titans 1 still be a quarter book? No chance. In the case os Superman Batman Annual 4 collectors have already shown that they do care. That book sells well and has for some time.

Do you feel better after that rantrant

:baiting:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Maybe because #0 reprints the stories from Lofi mag? Or everyone's moved on to the next hot bin book of the week (Hellblazer #1)

Wow ! Wow ! Wow ! That book is fire. Give people an excuse to by Templesmith ( at least among his loyal followers) and they will buy.

Maybe because #0 reprints the stories from Lofi mag? Or everyone's moved on to the next hot bin book of the week (Hellblazer #1)

Might be. I haven't seen the Lo-Fi internals, so I can't confirm that. Also, Shhh...that's for the Copper section.

There is NO doubt that Superman Batman Annual 4 sells well and is a key issue.

The fatiod Jacktiod id that Batman Beyond #1 will be the "grail" of the character.

It's THE book.

You type words like I crack stick to lewd Zenescope covers-with reckless abandon.

Edited by MrWeen

Oh boy oh boy Planetoid has been optioned for a movie, geez at this rate I will have to buy every possible image title they release because they are automatics lately.

Pssst "Black Science" is next guaranteed

Oh boy oh boy Planetoid has been optioned for a movie, geez at this rate I will have to buy every possible image title they release because they are automatics lately.

Pssst "Black Science" is next guaranteed

Really? That is fantastic news! I loved that series and bought every issue when it came out. I'd love to see that made into a film. More comics like that would be nice, too.

I hope Garing does more issues now.

Still 0 is his 1st comics app. Don't understand that at all.

Well, I sold my first appearance of Livewire for $100 today. :acclaim:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141281900775?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Let me be the first: :applause:

That's one I'd definitely sell and not look back.

wow...crazy and congrats. any precedent for this type of action on a book where there is no true reason for the rise in price? or is it just people seeing similar traits like harley (female villian, obscure start in cartoon type book) and they dont want to miss out?