• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I wonder if certain folks here will be hammering future WD ebay listings hyping up "X" character as being on the TV show, when they're not. More likely scenario when the TV version of whoever doesn't resemble the comic version at all.

Having said that, I'd rather have Scalped 43's over Sixth Gun, Nowhere Men, Black Beetle and the other flash in the pans / money down the toilet over the last couple years.

I wonder if certain folks here will be hammering future WD ebay listings hyping up "X" character as being on the TV show, when they're not. More likely scenario when the TV version of whoever doesn't resemble the comic version at all.

Having said that, I'd rather have Scalped 43's over Sixth Gun, Nowhere Men, Black Beetle and the other flash in the pans / money down the toilet over the last couple years.

There is still plenty of time for Scalped to be flash in the pan as well. How many options have actually become real tv shows? 2-3? out of 40?

I have now tried to read issue 1 of Scalped about 4 times. I can't get through it...I wouldn't bet a cent on Scalped #anything but that's just me...

Spoiler tags for something years old :facepalm:

Great Googly Moogly.

No tags needed when its that old.

Are there official forum rules on spoilers I'm apparently not aware of? It's not like it's a difficult thing to do-- and again, not everyone's read the series. Just a courtesy.

There is still plenty of time for Scalped to be flash in the pan as well. How many options have actually become real tv shows? 2-3? out of 40?

I have now tried to read issue 1 of Scalped about 4 times. I can't get through it...I wouldn't bet a cent on Scalped #anything but that's just me...

What do you have against Native Americans huh? *kidding*

Try a little harder to finish. I didn't think issue one was all that great either but by the end of the first trade I was hooked and finished the series in a week.

Try a little harder to finish. I didn't think issue one was all that great either but by the end of the first trade I was hooked and finished the series in a week.

I picked up the TPB from the library to see what it's about. A good ending to the first arc, and I will probably finish up the series some time, but what gave me a hard time was the main character.

Basically, how he is drawn/what he looks like. Nothing about him (physically) makes him stand out from the rest of the characters or setting.

d_zpsebcb16d3.jpg

This reminds me, I actually have one of these DC newsletter promos for Watchmen, that came out in the months before Watchmen #1. One of these days I'll dig it up and post it...

And here it is. :)

A blast from the past... DC Releases newsletter, September 1986.

dcreleases.jpg

And here it is. :)

A blast from the past... DC Releases newsletter, September 1986.

dcreleases.jpg

Very cool. I remember seeing those back in the day.

Edited by artistlost

(thumbs u

The funny thing was that back when this preview came out, and having only the above picture to go on, I didn't think this was a title I would like. I skipped the series when it came out, and had to track them down issue by issue a few years later.

That's a great piece there that hardly anyone kept I'm sure.

My biggest gripe with The Watchmen movie (there's many) was that The Comedian was never shown wearing his bondage mask; such a cool look