• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

ok... we have been in business for 6 plus years...if that was directed at me. ...the 3rd variant does NOT in any way affect the previous edition sizes...not one bit. i had an opportunity to do this a few days ago....i liked how it looked, i did it. if that upsets you , im sorry...and i will gladly refund your order. once again, the 3rd variant has 0 bearing on the others. i am doing a limited quantity of them. you do not have to get it. i did them because i like them and i thought you guys would too....also the coupon code expired almost 2 weeks ago as was stated in several different threads and posts.

I don't have the color version yet...hopefully next week...really happy with them. Campbell knocked it out with this one... Think they are gonna be big. What do you guys think?

A J. Scott Campbell Amazing Spider-Man variant cover featuring a female?

Probably not, eh?

I'm not sure how I feel about ordering several copies of the first two variants, only to find out at the end of the day that the rarest one was kept off the table until now...and I'd have to order even more books (at no discount this time) in order to complete sets that I thought to already be complete.

At the very least, I'd still like to know the exact print run of the b/w reverse, since the other two print runs have already been disclosed.

I also think it would be nice to offer existing pre-order customers the same CGC discount on this variant that was previously offered on the other two.

Edited by jjeanius

I'm not sure how I feel about ordering several copies of the first two variants, only to find out at the end of the day that the rarest one was kept off the table until now...and I'd have to order even more books (at no discount this time) in order to complete sets that I thought to already be complete.

At the very least, I'd still like to know the exact print run of the b/w reverse, since the other two print runs have already been disclosed.

I also think it would be nice to offer existing pre-order customers the same CGC discount on this variant that was previously offered on the other two.

IT DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL NOW. Im sorry you are angry with me for making a decision for my business. It became a reality yesterday. The edition size is limited. I cannot disclose as Marvel informed me I should not have disclosed it to begin with on the originals...which I was unaware of. Sorry you are unhappy. Regardless, I WILL offer the same discount code...again...for the 10% off...it is " cgcboard10 " . I will also spend the next several hours tonight individually refunding those who placed orders today their 10%...

IT DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL NOW. Im sorry you are angry with me for making a decision for my business. It became a reality yesterday. The edition size is limited. I cannot disclose as Marvel informed me I should not have disclosed it to begin with on the originals...which I was unaware of. Sorry you are unhappy. Regardless, I WILL offer the same discount code...again...for the 10% off...it is " cgcboard10 " . I will also spend the next several hours tonight individually refunding those who placed orders today their 10%...

:golfclap: That's extremely kind of you. Thank you, sir. I'll definitely remember this gesture. I'm sure everyone else here will as well.

Nice of you to offer that discount again.

Would love to see a store lure JSC away from Marvel to do a Batman cover (even if it was Harley) so it would be something I could buy / add to my collection.

Actually this post makes it pretty clear how you feel about ordering the exclusives before the negative variant was made available. You make it seem like Lockford owes you something. He doesn't.

He didn't need to offer the exclusives to board members at all. He could have just as easily listed them on eBay (at higher prices too!) and easily sold out. He also didn't need to offer a board discount on top of the exclusive offer.

Now I understand that you feel a bit shortchanged since the particulars changed but you are never guaranteed of owning the most exclusive/limited variant/edition when pre-ordering a book. Convention exclusives, RRPs, subsequent printings, mail or promo give-away copies, etc. all exist and can eventually make the rarest variant you pre-ordered no longer the rarest edition of that book.

Your grievance should have been made via PM. Bringing it up publicly does nothing but encourage others to jump all over Lockford who went out of his way to do something for the board.

You didn't have to do that. Great customer service (thumbs u

BTW he knocked that cover out of the park, up there with the best he has done.

Little annoyed. Tried dozens of times to add all three to the cart and they never showed up. I'd love to say that's what happens when you play the game...but I was trying to play. (shrug)

I think the website was a teeny bit busy.