• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

but the ultimates nick fury isn't nick fury jr is he?...or have they jiggied the timline so that the ultimates guy is Jr. in 10 years after he's been running things a while?

so confusing. marvel used to be easy to follow and that was what was so great about it (among other things), but now it'sjust like DC with all these alternate earths and timelines.

but the ultimates nick fury isn't nick fury jr is he?...or have they jiggied the timline so that the ultimates guy is Jr. in 10 years after he's been running things a while?

so confusing. marvel used to be easy to follow and that was what was so great about it (among other things), but now it'sjust like DC with all these alternate earths and timelines.

I know. I really don't know this from reading any specific comics, so I could very well be wrong. I only go by what I have read from other sources. You would go broke trying to buy all these comics.

So now a picture of a character is a first app?

What back stock room have you been locked in? I bet you passed on a whole but of first appearances! (comic book preview mags)

IT SAYS HIS NAME: MARCUS JOHNSON. This isn't a preview in a magazine either. It's en epilogue to major even that leads right into Battle Scars. How is that not the character in question?

I would say that classifies as an Easter egg cameo.

Probably doesn't matter as people have been trying forever for these books to get some traction, and they've never caught fire.

Now you're into something.

Ween, it's a photo. Going to be very hard to convince people that is the 1st appearance.

Why is there a debate over the #1 and #6 issues in relation to Coulson ( I know few care lol ) ? He appears in the first issue as cheese. If Superman showed up in a book and people called him Clark for 5 issues, would the first 1 not be his first appearance ? For the record I have 1 of each of his possible 1st appearances including the cartoon book.

Why is there a debate over the #1 and #6 issues in relation to Coulson ( I know few care lol ) ? He appears in the first issue as cheese. If Superman showed up in a book and people called him Clark for 5 issues, would the first 1 not be his first appearance ? For the record I have 1 of each of his possible 1st appearances including the cartoon book.

Agreed.

It's #1. No question.

so how are they going to bring black nick fury into continuity? i know he's in the ultimate universe, but eventually they're going to merge everything to sell some books...nick fury's younger (half) brother? nick fury's love child with gabriel jones's sister? so many possibilities.

my son is very confused between the comics and csrtoons/movies/tv. it's not like green lantern where john stewart is an actual different person and kingpin in the movies, who should have been black to start with in the comics.

He's nick furys son.

And he gets darker in battle scars from 1 to 6

I thought he was born from a love child between Nick and an African American, thus his darker complexion?

He was born from the desire of Marketing to have the Nick Fury in the main Marvel Comics Universe to look like the guy that portrays him in the movie. And they even put out his eye, like his dad, like there's a genetic disposition to losing an eye or something. It's ridiculous. That's all one needs to know. The end.

so how are they going to bring black nick fury into continuity? i know he's in the ultimate universe, but eventually they're going to merge everything to sell some books...nick fury's younger (half) brother? nick fury's love child with gabriel jones's sister? so many possibilities.

my son is very confused between the comics and csrtoons/movies/tv. it's not like green lantern where john stewart is an actual different person and kingpin in the movies, who should have been black to start with in the comics.

He's nick furys son.

And he gets darker in battle scars from 1 to 6

I thought he was born from a love child between Nick and an African American, thus his darker complexion?

He was born from the desire of Marketing to have the Nick Fury in the main Marvel Comics Universe to look like the guy that portrays him in the movie. And they even put out his eye, like his dad, like there's a genetic disposition to losing an eye or something. It's ridiculous. That's all one needs to know. The end.

And.... that pretty much sums it up nicely.

Not really "heating up" but since I didn't see it mentioned, and I didn't know about it until today, check out this Rocket Raccoon #1 Hastings / Kidrobot variant by the legendary Frank Kozik! I don't ever remember Kozik doing a comic book cover other than something very very underground. If you're not familiar with his work, he's famous for album covers and concert posters, mainly the late 1980's/ early 1990's grunge era and punk / hardcore / stoner rock bands

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=rocket+raccoon+kidrobot&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Not really "heating up" but since I didn't see it mentioned, and I didn't know about it until today, check out this Rocket Raccoon #1 Hastings / Kidrobot variant by the legendary Frank Kozik! I don't ever remember Kozik doing a comic book cover other than something very very underground. If you're not familiar with his work, he's famous for album covers and concert posters, mainly the late 1980's/ early 1990's grunge era and punk / hardcore / stoner rock bands

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=rocket+raccoon+kidrobot&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Good to know. I miss awesome album covers. Beatles Abbey Road, Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance, iron Maiden (all of them), Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Metallica Ride the Lightning, AC/DC Highway to Hell, Nirvana Nevermind, and the list goes on. Screw digital ! :roflmao:

Good to know. I miss awesome album covers. Beatles Abbey Road, Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance, iron Maiden (all of them), Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Metallica Ride the Lightning, AC/DC Highway to Hell, Nirvana Nevermind, and the list goes on. Screw digital ! :roflmao:

:headbang:

:gossip: new Judas Priest cd came out today. (thumbs u

:headbang:

:gossip: new Judas Priest cd came out today. (thumbs u

I'll be getting it soon. They keep moving along with the times. That Revolution song they had a few years back felt like a flashback to greatness. I enjoyed that whole album but I know time is catching up to me when I hear the Hellion on van commercial. Then again, I used to ride in a van to high school about the same time Spicoli was riding in his and about the same way. :roflmao:

Judas Priest man I must be getting old, I remember buying "Turbo" on cassette before heading to class for my walk-man. Oh god someone please remind me that your only as old as you feel.

Judas Priest man I must be getting old, I remember buying "Turbo" on cassette before heading to class for my walk-man. Oh god someone please remind me that your only as old as you feel.

You're only as old as you feel. I'm hurting :preach: