• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Judas Priest man I must be getting old, I remember buying "Turbo" on cassette before heading to class for my walk-man. Oh god someone please remind me that your only as old as you feel.

You're only as old as you feel. I'm hurting :preach:

Let's just say at this point in time I've seen all original Star Wars at the movies when they were released. Same with all the Jaws' films. I just wish I would have not seen Jar Jar and Jaws the Revenge. Jaws 4 would have been more bearable if he ate Jar Jar I guess.

Why is there a debate over the #1 and #6 issues in relation to Coulson ( I know few care lol ) ? He appears in the first issue as cheese. If Superman showed up in a book and people called him Clark for 5 issues, would the first 1 not be his first appearance ? For the record I have 1 of each of his possible 1st appearances including the cartoon book.

Agreed.

It's #1. No question.

Sweet, my 20 copies of Battle Scars #1 scored for 10 bucks total will one day by my house on Mars.

Not really "heating up" but since I didn't see it mentioned, and I didn't know about it until today, check out this Rocket Raccoon #1 Hastings / Kidrobot variant by the legendary Frank Kozik! I don't ever remember Kozik doing a comic book cover other than something very very underground. If you're not familiar with his work, he's famous for album covers and concert posters, mainly the late 1980's/ early 1990's grunge era and punk / hardcore / stoner rock bands

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=rocket+raccoon+kidrobot&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

There is a Superior Spider-Man Hastings Kozik Labbit Venom variant. That was the first I knew of.

Why is there a debate over the #1 and #6 issues in relation to Coulson ( I know few care lol ) ? He appears in the first issue as cheese. If Superman showed up in a book and people called him Clark for 5 issues, would the first 1 not be his first appearance ? For the record I have 1 of each of his possible 1st appearances including the cartoon book.

1st Clark Kent yes, 1st Superman, no. There are plenty instances of this. This circumstance isn't so cut and dry because Coulson is a regular human and doesn't have a costume.

This is all just conversation. At this point the market has decided #6 is the one that demands money.

Edited by ygogolak

1st Clark Kent yes, 1st Superman, no. There are plenty instances of this. This circumstance isn't so cut and dry because Coulson is a regular human and doesn't have a costume.

This is all just conversation. At this point the market has decided #6 is the one that demands money.

I disagree but I also understand the difference of opinion on this.

I disagree but I also understand the difference of opinion on this.

OK, let me rephrase that. Public opinion does not see the 1st Clark Kent as the 1st Superman, as an example.

My point was if Superman is wearing his outfit and saving something/somebody, if someone calls him Clark, he is still Superman.

Put another way, when I'm visiting family in Kentucky, they call me TJ, Tommy Joe, or Teej. When I'm in Indiana, plain old Tom and people who don't know me call me Mr and you guys call me the Authority lol . Different clothes, different environment, same old me. :grin:

Well you know how I feel about the market determining facts about comics. In this case the market only reflects the lack of knowledge concerning these two characters first appearances. I hate to use Harley Quinn as the prime example but if her face appeared in a secret file at the end of BA 11 the market would change over night and we wouldn't be talking cameo either, it would be a first appearance conversation. The only difference here is that Nick Fury Jr isn't a beloved character.

Coulson on the other hand had a few appearances prior to Battle Scars, this being his first. There really is no disputing this no matter what Battle Scars 6 sells for.

oneshot_zpscd436fb2.jpg

Well you know how I feel about the market determining facts about comics. In this case the market only reflects the lack of knowledge concerning these two characters first appearances. I hate to use Harley Quinn as the prime example but if her face appeared in a secret file at the end of BA 11 the market would change over night and we wouldn't be talking cameo either, it would be a first appearance conversation. The only difference here is that Nick Fury Jr isn't a beloved character.

Coulson on the other hand had a few appearances prior to Battle Scars, this being his first. There really is no disputing this no matter what Battle Scars 6 sells for.

oneshot_zpscd436fb2.jpg

I got that one too. I agree that this is the first appearance. I'm a continuity guy, though with the mixed universes joining each other, I'm starting to believe that canon nor continuity will matter for long.

oneshot_zpscd436fb2.jpg

Im sure she appeared in the image box for the next issue in Batman Adventures 11. Why arent you pimping that like Superman Adventures 4?

Enormous is still cooking. I read it again last night and still can't get over the art. How long do you think it takes to produce a book of this quality ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=spread+%231&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.Xenormous&_nkw=enormous&_sacat=63

Five Ghosts is getting warmer across the board. I'm guessing due to the anticipation of THE announcement. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_nkw=five+ghosts&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

The SDCC set with 3 9.8s and a 9.6 for $400 :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-SDCC-Set-CGC-9-8-and-9-6-Limited-to-only-50-Each-/351090355725?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51be9dae0d

Edited by The Authority