• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I guess no one saw the "label updates" from CGC in the "Ask CGC" thread

And the winner is

"So we've talked about it in the grading room and this is what we did -

Avenging Spider-man #9 -

1st Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, predates Captain Marvel #1 (9/12)

Captain Marvel #1 -

Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel.

Iron Man Wal-Mart Custom Comic

1st appearance of Phil Coulson in comics (out of Marvel Universe continuity).

Battle Scars #1

1st appearance of Phil Coulson in Marvel Universe continuity.

X-Men Annual #14

Gambit cameo (pre-dates Uncanny X-Men #266)"

Label Updates

Got these back from CGC 3 days ago and there is NO notation regarding it.

That post was made two days ago.

3 > 2

Ultimate Fallout 4 disappearing from the bay.

I have the biggest dilema with that book.. I have multiple quantities and I wanna get them pre-screend, but in the event that they wont pass, they would just be unbagged.. And even though thats not gonna totally kill the book it would probably still deem it less desirable to some.. Thought?

I got a copy but I don't think it came bagged when I got it off the shelf years ago... Did they all come bagged?

Yes.. To my knowledge.. The 2nd Print is very similar to the 1st and is unbagged. Here are the differences:

1st print

uf41.jpg

2nd:

uf4.jpg

Thanks.

Going to check again when I get home.

Maybe it is bagged and I forgo.

Its been in a box since I got it

Well my First print copy is still bagged so its an original.

time to get it graded

This is a quote from the press Release

"This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's Story into the future".

Peter Parker Not Miles Morales.It will be Peter Parker nuff said.

Fans of Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales need not give up hope; the article states that the studio still "needs to figure out whether it wants to go with another Peter Parker or introduce another character that suits up as Spider-Man, including Miles Morales, whose father is African American and mother is Puerto Rican."

After Nick Fury went over so well I think they are more adept to try something along that lines.

Personally even though this is so wrong I would love to see Grant Gustin take the role.

I have the biggest dilema with that book.. I have multiple quantities and I wanna get them pre-screend, but in the event that they wont pass, they would just be unbagged.. And even though thats not gonna totally kill the book it would probably still deem it less desirable to some.. Thought?

I got a copy but I don't think it came bagged when I got it off the shelf years ago... Did they all come bagged?

Yes.. To my knowledge.. The 2nd Print is very similar to the 1st and is unbagged. Here are the differences:

1st print

uf41.jpg

2nd:

uf4.jpg

Thanks.

time to get it graded

How does grading work for sealed books like that? Does CGC unwrap it and grade it?

Fwiw you can still find these around, I checked out an LCS this week and got myself 3 copies and also one of the 1:25 variant (which is a 9.8 candidate). Still relatively cheap at the stores compared to ebay.

This one has been a sleeper for a while. IMO the most undervalued modern hulk key there is.

1st print

uf41.jpg

2nd:

uf4.jpg

Thanks.

time to get it graded

How does grading work for sealed books like that? Does CGC unwrap it and grade it?

Fwiw you can still find these around, I checked out an LCS this week and got myself 3 copies and also one of the 1:25 variant (which is a 9.8 candidate). Still relatively cheap at the stores compared to ebay.

CGC takes it out of the bag.