• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Yeah... I was a little confused about Frozen... I know tons of books that have low print runs nd didn't get ordered... I see them in the 1.00 bins all the time... But then again... Disney collectors can be fanatics... That's what you have to hope for I guess... Somehow they catch wind of a low run one shot that's hard to find...

Probably because of what Figment did.

I agree, but I wouldnt phrase it like you..

Figment is exactly what I thought of when I heard about Frozen.. (hey they both start with an F, right?) But I also think that, just like Figment, once everyone is gonna be done selling the copies they bought to flip, the demand will still be there..

I had 5 sets of Figment and hated it.. I sold 3 of them for 35.00 just to dump em, but now they are back to selling for 50/+ and I dont think that with the exception of a fluke here and there, they will be back to 35 again..

The same thing we are experiencing with BH6.. The book plummeted in value and is less desirable by collectors now, but it will always be a sought after book by the hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans..

Just my opinion..

hey its friday Im entitled

Only scenario I see a small uptick in the frozen books is if the super Frozen fans, mainly parents hear the kids bugging them for one and they look on ebay. That may take a while but being the movie in a one shot comic doesn't bode well. I'd guess many people are all Frozen out.

I picked up a few, worse case scenario I will have nice Frozen comics to put in my daughters birthday party goodie bags.

you have no idea how many strange adultish type people are frozen fans -- the frozen cosplay going on at NYCC was creepy.

Only scenario I see a small uptick in the frozen books is if the super Frozen fans, mainly parents hear the kids bugging them for one and they look on ebay. That may take a while but being the movie in a one shot comic doesn't bode well. I'd guess many people are all Frozen out.

I picked up a few, worse case scenario I will have nice Frozen comics to put in my daughters birthday party goodie bags.

you have no idea how many strange adultish type people are frozen fans -- the frozen cosplay going on at NYCC was creepy.

And Disney will more than likely make dvd sequel releases for years to feed the frozen habit too. 2c

Edited by natevegas

And Disney will more than likely make dvd sequel releases for years to feed the frozen habit too. 2c

they are going to make movie theater sequels first

the "frozen" run of episodes in "once upon a time" shows that they have a lot of stuff they are going to fill in for future movies

I bought my daughters the Frozen comic.

They love Frozen. I have the songs stuck in my head half the time.

I also bought 2nd copies "just in case" for when they won't read the heck out of them and destroy them to pieces. I figure it is something they may enjoy to have one day.

I also bought 2nd copies "just in case" for when they won't read the heck out of them and destroy them to pieces. I figure it is something they may enjoy to have one day.

There will be at least a few thousand young comic readers today that will read this comic cover to cover and destroy the book from access wear..

.. And I will be waiting for them some 40-50 years from now with a fresh copy to cherish those memories...

hqdefault.jpg

I'm expecting the public to be involved. S.H.I.E.L.D has eyes and ears everywhere. The bad guys finding out who the heroes are is why it is so dangerous. Fighting the government would just make it a legal issue. No threat to the heroes families or their friends. It just make more sense to me that villains knowing their ID's would be worth fighting for in the story. 2c

So, will this Civil War be followed up by One More Day where Peter Parker makes a deal with the devil and as a side benefit, gets his secret identity back? Seems to me, once they do this, unless they plan on killing Peter Parker off in the MU (which is a possibility and gets you Miles), then having the public learn his identity makes no sense.

I'm expecting the public to be involved. S.H.I.E.L.D has eyes and ears everywhere. The bad guys finding out who the heroes are is why it is so dangerous. Fighting the government would just make it a legal issue. No threat to the heroes families or their friends. It just make more sense to me that villains knowing their ID's would be worth fighting for in the story. 2c

So, will this Civil War be followed up by One More Day where Peter Parker makes a deal with the devil and as a side benefit, gets his secret identity back? Seems to me, once they do this, unless they plan on killing Peter Parker off in the MU (which is a possibility and gets you Miles), then having the public learn his identity makes no sense.

I just can't imagine Civil War mattering without that reveal. I'll go see the movie either way but I'll be shocked if they don't do Marvel Comics biggest reveal of all time. (shrug)

I feel like this is not something they have to address. I don't think Marvel can use Spider-Man indefinitely in their movies, just Cap 3 and Maybe Avengers 3, and who knows how major the role will be. I THINK they will use an older spider man (make up on Garfield or an older actor) for these movies, and Sony can still tell their stories about a younger Spider Man without affecting any continuity. I think Spidey will be in there, but I can't imagine he'll be featured as an equal with the other Avengers.

In the alternative, if they really want to, Avengers 3 will probably have some form of the Infinity Gauntlet with its reality bending powers, and they can probably retcon spidey's identity if necessary.

I feel like this is not something they have to address. I don't think Marvel can use Spider-Man indefinitely in their movies, just Cap 3 and Maybe Avengers 3, and who knows how major the role will be. I THINK they will use an older spider man (make up on Garfield or an older actor) for these movies, and Sony can still tell their stories about a younger Spider Man without affecting any continuity. I think Spidey will be in there, but I can't imagine he'll be featured as an equal with the other Avengers.

In the alternative, if they really want to, Avengers 3 will probably have some form of the Infinity Gauntlet with its reality bending powers, and they can probably retcon spidey's identity if necessary.

Yeah. I'm definitely not hoping for One More Day. lol

Cosmic Spidey vs Hulk ? :o

There will be at least a few thousand young comic readers today that will read this comic cover to cover and destroy the book from access wear..

.. And I will be waiting for them some 40-50 years from now with a fresh copy to cherish those memories...

hqdefault.jpg

:roflmao:

They could do a Sins of the Past arc with Goblin and then have the female child survive and resurface as Spider-Gwen. That would be way more entertaining........

Follow up Civil War and Infinity War with Secret Wars and at the end, the Beyond wipes everyone's memory pre-Civil War as a favor for all the problems.

Follow up Civil War and Infinity War with Secret Wars and at the end, the Beyond wipes everyone's memory pre-Civil War as a favor for all the problems.

Perfection. :grin:

And then the Beyonder has quasi-consensual relations with Dazzler, and nobody asks any questions.

:cloud9:

And then the Beyonder has quasi-consensual relations with Dazzler, and nobody asks any questions.

:cloud9:

I thought that was a given. :roflmao: