• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

What about X-Force 11 as the first true appearance of Domino. Will X-Force 19 be better/worse/equal?

That book has been doing well since the Deadpool movie announcement because it's an early appearance of him. It's gone from a $.50 book to a $12 book. If Domino is in the movie, I see it going up more.

I can't make myself buy this book.

Wouldn't X-force 20 (vol. 1) be a better comic to get? XF 19 only has 1 panel of Copycat called Vanessa. Or is this the old mis-direction? Get forumites to buy XF 19 while we secretly buy 30 copies of XF 20? :wishluck:

Ok People ! Rant Time ! rantrant

Putting Hard to find or Rare or even Scarce in your Ebay Auction is fine but then you put a pic of 20 copies laying on the floor is counter productive.

This does not give the illusion of Rare or Scarce. This makes the buyers think your full of PooPoo.

Stop the Madness !

Great Googly Moogly !

May the Force be with you. meh

If you think 20 or 100 copies of a book means anything, you don't have a firm grasp on what print run numbers actually mean.

Putting Hard to find or Rare or even Scarce in your Ebay Auction is fine but then you put a pic of 20 copies laying on the floor is counter productive.

This does not give the illusion of Rare or Scarce. This makes the buyers think your full of PooPoo.

Stop the Madness !

Great Googly Moogly !

If you think 20 or 100 copies of a book means anything, you don't have a firm grasp on what print run numbers actually mean.

The point i was trying to make has already flown over your head so this comment does not pertain to you. (shrug)

Wouldn't X-force 20 (vol. 1) be a better comic to get? XF 19 only has 1 panel of Copycat called Vanessa. Or is this the old mis-direction? Get forumites to buy XF 19 while we secretly buy 30 copies of XF 20? :wishluck:

Marvel says:

First Appearance

(in true form) X-Force #19 (1993);

EOSV #2 first print single copy going for over $200, mostly because the seller listing is misleading.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edge-of-Spider-Verse-2-1st-Printing-1st-App-Spider-Woman-Gwen-Stacy-/391060645813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0d07e7b5

He's about to get away with it twice! Here's his last one at $202.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edge-of-Spider-Verse-2-1st-Printing-1st-App-Spider-Woman-Gwen-Stacy-/391059669400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0cf90198

He's sold 38 copies total :ohnoez:

Marvel says:

First Appearance

What Marvel says, or a CGC label says, or Overstreet says, is not necessarily how the market sees it. 2c

Stop the Madness !

Great Googly Moogly !

It's the psychology of it.

+1

Comedic value aside, isnt purchasing a .50 book before it explodes the BEST investment in the hobby? Collectors seem to always wanna buy an overvalued book and get the biggest key.. but margin wise, thats more money invested and more of a risk..

I much rather get 20 X-Force 19 at $10-20 and possibly flip at 100-200.00 than a NM98 @ 200.00+ per copy..

If I lose on 20.00 I can live with that.. Doesnt hurt the bank..

I do that with most books that I purchase for investment purposes only

Just my opinion

No. She doesnt appear on #20 at all.. only as an impersonation of Tina Valentino:

http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Force_Vol_1_20

No. She doesnt appear on #20 at all.. only as an impersonation of Tina Valentino:

http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Force_Vol_1_20

Confirmed. I read that last night. :grin:

Marvel says:

First Appearance

And that's a fact . . . :sumo:

Marvel says:

First Appearance

Geez, a proper collection of Copycat's 1st appearance requires New Mutanta #98, X-Force #19 & #20!

That's until some writer reveals Copycat was also Aunt May in Amazing Fantasy #15.