• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Their prediction seems unlikely to me... Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Okay, who are these guys ? Are they insiders or are they guys like me and guessing ?

Jeff Sneider from The Wrap is sort of an insider, he's well regarded in the film blogosphere.. For him to drop a bomb like that is either based on inside knowledge or gut feeling.. Either way, its gonna cause a big stir in the market in the next few hours.. And prolly alot of heated debates

Watch from the 44:00 point mark

Regarding Copycat and the Deadpool movie...

I have a feeling that Domino will be the female lead and not Copycat. It doesn't make sense for Fox to use Copycat when they already have Mystique featured prominently in their movies. Copycat basically has the same "powers" as Mystique and they are both blue skinned. Don't think they will confuse the audience like that. Just my 2c

Are you racially profiling blue skinned shapeshifting female mutants????(tsk)

I bet you're right about the stir up.

The problem I have with it... is the deal Marvel recently struck with Sony. That would throw a bit of a wrench into things, wouldn't it?

Also, if Spider-man isn't Peter Parker, you are now tasked with telling the origin again... At least, in my opinion. And no one wants to see another origin movie so soon. I just don't see it.

Yes, but what really made me think he may be on to something was this:

Sony has an opportunity to beat Marvel and DC to the punch with sort of a major black comic book movie character. Like I mentioned last week, the e-mails that leaked were perceived to be racist in some quarters. I really think that is going to play into things

Sony has an opportunity to beat Marvel and DC to the punch with sort of a major black comic book movie character. Like I mentioned last week, the e-mails that leaked were perceived to be racist in some quarters. I really think that is going to play into things

Right... but again... they've entered into a deal with Marvel. Kevin Fiege is involved as a producer for the current Spider-man projects. I assume Marvel would have to have agreed to this or at least known about it long ago.

Everything is seen that way right now even if it isn't which is true about 99.99999 percent of the time.

Everything is seen that way right now even if it isn't which is true about 99.99999 percent of the time.

So youre saying that 99.99999 percent of the time someone that says theyre 95 percent sure.. It doesnt happen lol

So youre saying that 99.99999 percent of the time someone that says theyre 95 percent sure.. It doesnt happen lol

Let me clear it up for you. “I really didn’t say everything I said.” - Yogi Berra

Regarding Copycat and the Deadpool movie...

I have a feeling that Domino will be the female lead and not Copycat. It doesn't make sense for Fox to use Copycat when they already have Mystique featured prominently in their movies. Copycat basically has the same "powers" as Mystique and they are both blue skinned. Don't think they will confuse the audience like that. Just my 2c

I'm inclined to agree.

FWIW, though, I hope it's Copycat. I'd like to see how the market sorts out all of the sorta/kinda appearances. lol

If the new Spidey is black, I can almost guarantee that it's going to still be Peter Parker.

Miles' origin relies entirely on Peter's existence to make any sense.

And you're also back to doing another origin story, but this time a different one? Not really the best idea for a character that's had 2 origin stories already (and a retcon) in 5 total movies. Doing a 6th that's yet a 3rd origin is just going to grate on the audience. Even if this origin is different.

Edited by Doktor

Personally I'm offended that this character has the gender specific -man in Spider-man. It smacks of gender discrimination that the individual has to be a man. Why can't Spidey be a non-gendered asexual being that may or may not have been born to any specific country of origin or matter of fact planet Earth. I think if Marvel was really on the ball they would consider all of this and the fact that Spidey is not representing specific segments in society in specific percentages that I render worthy depending on the state of mind I am in on that specific date and time.

....just teasing but this is about how far PC has gotten lately. :makepoint:

Personally I'm offended that this character has the gender specific -man in Spider-man. It smacks of gender discrimination that the individual has to be a man. Why can't Spidey be a non-gendered asexual being that may or may not have been born to any specific country of origin or matter of fact planet Earth. I think if Marvel was really on the ball they would consider all of this and the fact that Spidey is not representing specific segments in society in specific percentages that I render worthy depending on the state of mind I am in on that specific date and time.

I'm trying to sing the song but "Spider-individual with no specific origin, spider-individual with no specific origin" just doesn't have a ring to it.

I'm trying to sing the song but "Spider-individual with no specific origin, spider-individual with no specific origin" just doesn't have a ring to it.

Don’t be so limited. Spider-Man can also be a killer because he feels like so, and then become a hermit, not because of repentance, just because he likes it.

How about Spider-I-don’t-care?

Deadpool The Circle Chase # 1 ( AKA Deadpool #1 1993) CGC 9.8 is starting to move. The most recent sale of $199.50.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=deadpool+1+1993&_from=R40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdeadpool+1+1993+cgc+9.8.TRS1&_nkw=deadpool+1+1993+cgc+9.8&_sacat=63

Issues #2 and #3 are also seeing a little action.

Edited by The Authority