• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

$20-$30? For a brand new book?

You folks do realize that this is the Franklin Mint mentality, right...?

I'll wait a year or so, then buy it for $2 like 99.9% of the other variants made in the last 25 years....and if it happens to be that .1%, I'll have more than made up for it by not paying $20-$30 for all the other variants.

This. So this.

where did you grab the Boba Fett action figure cover for cover price...it's not released until the 22nd...I'm not talking about various other action figure covers just this one.

Edited by krighton

where did you grab the Boba Fett action figure cover for cover price...it's not released until the 22nd...I'm not talking about various other action figure covers just this one.

Han

This is a AF variant from a 3rd party. Marvel is going to release a Boba AF variant as well. Why wouldnt they release one of arguably their 2nd best character?

I cannot tell if it is anger that has blinded you, but marvel is selling only 5000 copies of this variant, through the outlets that are posted. There will be no more AF variant Boba Fett. And since his site is sold out, better get to C2E2 to get yours. Or you can buy one of mine for $100.

lol

Oh, leave them alone. They're all having fun with the koolaid. It would be even better if the variant had "collector's item" at the top. ;)

Wait It doesn't have it? Can i return my 1 copy? :whee:

I really don't see the difference in this and any other variant that comes out with a $15+ price tag (incentives, con variants, ect...) (shrug)

That's right. There's no difference.

I don't see a difference. Do you see a difference?

I really don't see the difference in this and any other variant that comes out with a $15+ price tag (incentives, con variants, ect...) (shrug)

No, no difference here.

This is a AF variant from a 3rd party. Marvel is going to release a Boba AF variant as well. Why wouldnt they release one of arguably their 2nd best character?

I cannot tell if it is anger that has blinded you, but marvel is selling only 5000 copies of this variant, through the outlets that are posted. There will be no more AF variant Boba Fett. And since his site is sold out, better get to C2E2 to get yours. Or you can buy one of mine for $100.

lol

Or, wait until the lemmings have moved on, and buy one for $3.

:popcorn:

Normally, I would agree... but in this particular case, you've got a cross-market situation.

Star Wars action figure collectors would love to have a vintage carded Boba Fett, but how many do?

At $1,000+ each, it's not an approachable collectible for most.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161583271874

Then you've got the "modern comic variant" market, which is eating up all kinds of high-dollar variants that have zero cross-market value.

Somehow, a few of those do end up more valuable than they start... with some as crazy as ASM #678 Mary Jane Venom.

Higher print run, yes, but 5,000 isn't 50,000.

At $25 each, the most you can lose is $25, and you still have a pretty cool "vintage Boba Fett on card" cover to display, even if it's worthless.

It's a can't lose situation... unless you just can't lose $25 in this hobby. (shrug)

Oh, leave them alone. They're all having fun with the koolaid. It would be even better if the variant had "collector's item" at the top. ;)

Wait It doesn't have it? Can i return my 1 copy? :whee:

There's a $20 restocking fee.

Normally, I would agree... but in this particular case, you've got a cross-market situation.

Star Wars action figure collectors would love to have a vintage carded Boba Fett, but how many do?

At $1,000+ each, it's not an approachable collectible for most.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161583271874

Then you've got the "modern comic variant" market, which is eating up all kinds of high-dollar variants that have zero cross-market value.

Somehow, a few of those do end up more valuable than they start... with some as crazy as ASM #678 Mary Jane Venom.

Higher print run, yes, but 5,000 isn't 50,000.

At $25 each, the most you can lose is $25, and you still have a pretty cool "vintage Boba Fett on card" cover to display, even if it's worthless.

It's a can't lose situation... unless you just can't lose $25 in this hobby. (shrug)

assuming you only bought 1....