• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I second the notion that a book with a greater value of a 1st appearance of a popular character is a sign of a bubble. The only exception would be if said book is overpriced right from the get. Such as ah! SG #1 or Silk Comicspro.. These books, for the most part, appeared on the Bay at a price which was 100 times higher than suggested cover price. And while I love Spider Gwen as an investment, no, it would be incorrect to state that eosv2 is a more valuable book than asm 31

You people are trying to instill LOGIC in the hobby of speculating on comics.

Maybe it's just fun to speculate on stuff

When you live through a crash that brought Marvel within a single judge's decision of ceasing publication altogether...you tend to be a little down on the "let's just treat comics like the Franklin Mint/Stock Market!" mentality.

Speculation on new comic books hurts the hobby, hurts collectors, and most importantly, hurts the very creators who make the comics.

"What? How does speculating on new books hurt anybody but the speculators?"

I don't have the time, or desire, to document for the 53rd time the myriad ways that this is true. It is written all over this board, in many places, already, just waiting to be found.

When people are buying new comic books just to "see how much money they can make", and have zero connection to the artform itself, they will, like locusts, do massive damage and, when there's no more money to be made, will move on to the next "hot thing", caring not a damn for the artform or the carnage they've inflicted.

This place has become clogged with such people in the last five years, and to those of you that this applies, I only say this: read a damn book, will you?

:facepalm:

Not sure why you would come to a thread titled "Moderns that are heating up on EBAY" and slam others, for their actions, then again don't know why you'd be reading it at all. Finally why are you on the CGC boards at all , nasty thing... that slabbing a book thing

You speak without knowledge. Such practice invariably leads to conflict.

To address your specific claim: no one was "slammed." Did you read what I wrote...? If you did, did you understand what I wrote....?

hm

Maybe I didn't understand then. I was understanding that you were comparing anyone that buys a new book to flip to a locust.

Correct.

And that the last five years there were more locusts appearing in a thread titled "moderns that are heating up on Ebay"

Not correct. Not all moderns are new books, though all new books are moderns.

mind_blown.gif

I just love this gif! lol

Anybody read Deadpool this week? Did he really died?

I read it, and yes he did die

but then again so did everyone else. Tends to happen when the entire Earth gets wiped out

Was a guy named "Dead"pool ever alive in the first place? Sounds like another name for Frankenstein's monster.

(Let's just pool all these dead people parts together here... see if they do anything... Deadpool.)

You're still a dope.

:P

+4 :sumo:

When you've known the guy for 13+ years, you might have the right.

Until then...

meh

Holy bovine entities, Batman! I've been reading RMA comments on them internets for a third of my life?!? :o

Well.. technically they weren't "RMA" comments that whole time...

:whistle:

1/3rd of my life is 14 years, so...give it another 10 months or so, and it will be true for me, too.

not sure why your stating the obvious, other than to say you mean only those that flip new books are the locusts.

:idea:

By Jove, I think he's got it!

"You're"

(PS. There's a nifty quote function here, makes things easier to understand.)

Anyway beware the locusts

2yoptsm.jpg[/img]

Also, you don't have to double wrap your pics.

Ain't I a stinker....?

:cloud9:

I second the notion that a book with a greater value of a 1st appearance of a popular character is a sign of a bubble. The only exception would be if said book is overpriced right from the get. Such as ah! SG #1 or Silk Comicspro.. These books, for the most part, appeared on the Bay at a price which was 100 times higher than suggested cover price. And while I love Spider Gwen as an investment, no, it would be incorrect to state that eosv2 is a more valuable book than asm 31

It's stream of consciousness theatre in Modern today....

Holy bovine entities, Batman! I've been reading RMA comments on them internets for a third of my life?!? :o

You haven't had one name that I can say that whole time...

not sure why your stating the obvious, other than to say you mean only those that flip new books are the locusts.

:idea:

By Jove, I think he's got it!

"You're"

(PS. There's a nifty quote function here, makes things easier to understand.)

Anyway beware the locusts

2yoptsm.jpg[/img]

Also, you don't have to double wrap your pics.

Ain't I a stinker....?

:cloud9:

yea you are :blush:

Edited by Astoria

You haven't had one name that I can say that whole time...

Your ninja skills stink. Unless you meant for those to be faintly visible.

The only name that I had under which I posted was ZWH, and then ninjak1baby, which was a gift to me. I don't think I ever posted as ninjak1baby.

I have another log in name, but I've only posted in stealth mode once. Maybe twice. Haven't logged on to the board in maybe two years or so.

Life has moved on.

They're all over the place here in the white north!

right next to the ketchup chips