• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

My observation over the past five years of increasing con attendance re: new-bloods is this - for new books, Harley and Deadpool are the most consistent sellers, DC New 52 (especially Batman) is still in demand four years out, and outside of Death of Wolverine #1-4 (still selling well at $40 per set), Deadpool, Spider-Gwen #1 and ASM vol 4 #4 most recent Marvel books are dead. However, the biggest place the new-blood is putting their money up here is...................Silver/Bronze/Copper keys. If it is a key back issue it will sell.

No demand for Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel? Or do you just see that demand from older collectors?

Which runs? The BA Starlin Captain Marvel books and BA Ms. Marvel #1 and #18 show demand, along with MSH #12/#13 and the Strange Tales Starlin Warlock arc.

As far as the new runs, Captain Marvel is slow - I move a #1 every from the last two series every second or third show but that is it. The 1st appearance of Kamala Ms. Marvel and her solo title has slowed a lot as well - I had no requests for it this fall, but it did sell decently at the shows this spring. Maybe the "All New" relaunch has killed interest in the back issues?

Whoa, I figured Kamala Khan would be a big seller for you. The Google+ comic groups convinced me she was already the breakout Marvel character of the decade. lol

My observation over the past five years of increasing con attendance re: new-bloods is this - for new books, Harley and Deadpool are the most consistent sellers, DC New 52 (especially Batman) is still in demand four years out, and outside of Death of Wolverine #1-4 (still selling well at $40 per set), Deadpool, Spider-Gwen #1 and ASM vol 4 #4 most recent Marvel books are dead. However, the biggest place the new-blood is putting their money up here is...................Silver/Bronze/Copper keys. If it is a key back issue it will sell.

No demand for Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel? Or do you just see that demand from older collectors?

Which runs? The BA Starlin Captain Marvel books and BA Ms. Marvel #1 and #18 show demand, along with MSH #12/#13 and the Strange Tales Starlin Warlock arc.

As far as the new runs, Captain Marvel is slow - I move a #1 every from the last two series every second or third show but that is it. The 1st appearance of Kamala Ms. Marvel and her solo title has slowed a lot as well - I had no requests for it this fall, but it did sell decently at the shows this spring. Maybe the "All New" relaunch has killed interest in the back issues?

Whoa, I figured Kamala Khan would be a big seller for you. The Google+ comic groups convinced me she was already the breakout Marvel character of the decade. lol

Maybe for the first half of 2015. Last show we did nobody asked to see any of the wall books we had of hers. In Feb-May we never went home with any.

Comicsheatingup.net is a cool site. It works best when they point out months/years old books that we might have forgotten about or never knew they existed. Clone was the first book I remember hearing about just prior to SDCC a couple of years ago. This heating up before it comes out business isn't really helpful to the average long term collector. Paying multiples of cover for a book that hasn't created readership demand just doesn't seem to last. Still, the guy who runs the site seems genuine in pointing out what he believes are important books you might want in your collection.

I liked his site for a while but now it's less about speculative books and more about toys and other nonsense plus I wouldn't say he gets the news out any faster than quite a few blogs or certain reputable Google+ pages.

My stepfather has a bunch of Hummels that were his father's, they have to be 60 years old at least. My Mom and I agree they are insanely UGLY!

Ugly old things can be worth money though. lol

What is a Hummel ? ???

German made figure statues that look like the Campbell's Soup kids. Kinda

The Woods just got picked up by Universal.

We knew this on October 8th. Don't rely on CHU for late-breaking news.

. Well, "we" didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately, not everyone has been around here as long. No reason to post comments like that and I see them all the time.

Not sure it was The Woods that was previously announced but that there was a deal with Boom properties.
. Thanks for that. I'm newer around here and to collecting. I don't keep up on everything and I'm not just worried about flipping books. I see a lot of condescending attitudes toward people that don't know everything about comics on these boards. I'm learning the ropes in all aspects of it, but don't need to be talked down to because someone has collected longer, has more $, or is just plain rude. I love this stuff! I am also a big fan of The Woods!!!

Not sure it was The Woods that was previously announced but that there was a deal with Boom properties.
. Thanks for that. I'm newer around here and to collecting. I don't keep up on everything and I'm not just worried about flipping books. I see a lot of condescending attitudes toward people that don't know everything about comics on these boards. I'm learning the ropes in all aspects of it, but don't need to be talked down to because someone has collected longer, has more $, or is just plain rude. I love this stuff! I am also a big fan of The Woods!!!

You'll get that a lot on these boards. Quite a few 10k+ posters with chips on their shoulder. Not good for the site imo. The average collector is looked down on in quite a few subforums..

. Well, "we" didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately, not everyone has been around here as long. No reason to post comments like that and I see them all the time.

This is one of the nastiest collector communities on the internet....

Indeed. And one of the best at the same time.. :foryou:

I've noticed there are quite a few people talking ridiculous trash to you, Larry. Absolutely ridiculous! I can't wait for my Five Ghosts and YTs from ya! (thumbs u

Edited by Jonnywadd

Indeed. And one of the best at the same time.. :foryou:

With all the Google+ & Facebook groups, blogs that have popped up recently, honestly, these boards are just mediocre now.

definitely lost the fastball here.

It's now just a third rate place for information, used to be tops.

Edited by LarrysComics