• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

MCS approves this message

Crossing fingers for all those holders of 9.8's that it'll be a decent show, AOS sure didn't see much price bumps and its been on several seasons. hm

Bitter? lol

Nope I'm a realist. :) Factor in its netflix sure it'll have fans but I'm still not convinced these paid services trump basic cable tv shows right now in ratings. Maybe I'm too old and can't think outside the box enough. I liked Daredevil and binge watched them but it kinda kills the hype when the whole season is there on debut day IMO.

These "paid services" 100% trump basic tv. What show still has raving reviews and is superior in quality ? Yup Daredevil...the show lots of people binged watched on its debut and are continuing to. A.O.S. hasn't seen much of a price bump in the comics because the show is mediocre and low on the quality barometer. What drives prices on comics is buzz and quality.

The difference is the "buzz" isn't constant when the whole season is there to me. There really wasn't much discussion with my friends after each of us watched Daredevil. However shows that are weekly like Gotham, Strain, AOS has much more discussion in my groups of friends even casual conversations with people. I watched Daredevil over one weekend,,,,it was cool but after that it was a bit of a letdown to me, over too fast and a long wait till the next season.

Ask yourself how many paid services are people really willing to spend over basic cable stations? You got Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & there go paid services. Add all those up and it is more expensive than a basic cable package. When 50 percent of Americans make less than 30 k a year and that is before taxes, add their cost of living plus family expenses cutting these paid extras are occurring whether that is promoted or not. 2c

Edited by natevegas

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

Crossing fingers for all those holders of 9.8's that it'll be a decent show, AOS sure didn't see much price bumps and its been on several seasons. hm

Bitter? lol

Nope I'm a realist. :) Factor in its netflix sure it'll have fans but I'm still not convinced these paid services trump basic cable tv shows right now in ratings. Maybe I'm too old and can't think outside the box enough. I liked Daredevil and binge watched them but it kinda kills the hype when the whole season is there on debut day IMO.

These "paid services" 100% trump basic tv. What show still has raving reviews and is superior in quality ? Yup Daredevil...the show lots of people binged watched on its debut and are continuing to. A.O.S. hasn't seen much of a price bump in the comics because the show is mediocre and low on the quality barometer. What drives prices on comics is buzz and quality.

The difference is the "buzz" isn't constant when the whole season is there to me. There really wasn't much discussion with my friends after each of us watched Daredevil. However shows that are weekly like Gotham, Strain, AOS has much more discussion in my groups of friends even casual conversations with people. I watched Daredevil over one weekend,,,,it was cool but after that it was a bit of a letdown to me, over too fast and a long wait till the next season.

Ask yourself how many paid services are people really willing to spend over basic cable stations? You got Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & there go paid services. Add all those up and it is more expensive than a basic cable package. When 50 percent of Americans make less than 30 k a year and that is before taxes, add their cost of living plus family expenses cutting these paid extras are occurring whether that is promoted or not. 2c

But something like Netflix costs about $9 a month, while you can't even see one movie in the theater by yourself for that in many places. $9 a month for 24-7 access to content is a screaming deal, especially when you throw in exclusive content like Daredevil or House of Cards. If you're a consumer of this type of material the expense is a no-brainer over many other forms of entertainment.

But, if someone on a budget is watching the shows this way it probably doesn't mean that they're chasing the books and driving the market for these comics any higher...

Very true, I decided about a decade ago to "trade wait" television shows and canceled cable. Now I pay a fraction of cable for Amazon and Netflix. Sure the wait isn't the most fun but the exclusive shows far make up the difference. Well, and give me more money to buy comics I'd like in my PC, similar to weeding out a few monthly titles and choosing to trade wait them does.

Very true, I decided about a decade ago to "trade wait" television shows and canceled cable. Now I pay a fraction of cable for Amazon and Netflix. Sure the wait isn't the most fun but the exclusive shows far make up the difference. Well, and give me more money to buy comics I'd like in my PC, similar to weeding out a few monthly titles and choosing to trade wait them does.

Yes but you missed out on so much of WD buddy. :baiting::roflmao:

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

Bitter? lol

I'm in my 40s. I work with 20 year olds. Many of them watched and wanted to talk about Daredevil. And they are average "kids". Not comics nerds lol

:cry: I only have to wait a year to see what I read about in the TWD thread. :sorry:

Yeah, TWD is the only bummer to wait for. Mean Nate!

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

Bitter? lol

I'm in my 40s. I work with 20 year olds. Many of them watched and wanted to talk about Daredevil. And they are average "kids". Not comics nerds lol

I just pictured you as a DJ in a gentlemens club.

"Next on stage...Electra!"

:roflmao:

I really liked Daredevil, thought is was done extremely well and maybe better than Gotham yet I enjoy Gotham more. Just can't tell if it's due to being more of a DC fan or how it involves a great deal more characters compared to DD.

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

Bitter? lol

I really liked Daredevil, thought is was done extremely well and maybe better than Gotham yet I enjoy Gotham more. Just can't tell if it's due to being more of a DC fan or how it involves a great deal more characters compared to DD.

I like daredevil more and I'm a DC fan (shrug) I think Gotham is too corny and I hate Jada pinkett in it. It has good moments, but I always just want to see batman doing some batmaning when I watch it

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

Bitter? lol

I like daredevil more and I'm a DC fan (shrug) I think Gotham is too corny and I hate Jada pinkett in it. It has good moments, but I always just want to see batman doing some batmaning when I watch it

You should be watching this season then. :whistle:

No doubt about it IMO that Jada is like nails on a chalkboard with her acting.

I went into Gotham with low expectations so maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much. Always nice to see so many characters on screen. Especially Bullock and Nygma, loving those roles on the show.

I'm actually glad it's not as high quality as Daredevil so it doesn't price out a few DC keys I'm after the way DD #1 exploded. Most likely over due but it sure exploded.

Diamond to the stage. Diamond.

Next up- love bites by def leppard.

Two for one dances for the next 30 mins.

Don't forget to tip your hostess ;)

Isn't Diamond the pimps name?

:gossip: Sweet willie brown.

:cry: I only have to wait a year to see what I read about in the TWD thread. :sorry:

:o

The core collectors of this site are BY FAR the best in the biz. I've created lifelong friendships with members from these boards in a little over a year. I have 1-2 friends off of facebook and don't even mess with google+ groups. If you think differently maybe you're going about it the wrong way. It's not all about what's hot ATM..

Very true… I would have not even started to understood the recent Golden Age market before coming here. And that was the reason for which I came here as a total newcomer to that. (thumbs u

Surely not for "Moderns that are heating up on ebay!" for which the only important thing seems to be how "hot" are at the moment (which means "how much time I have to sell before I get burned"?) lol

Not that it’s not "exciting", mind you, but it becomes quickly boring, not to mention we don‘t see the implications of such "disruptions" in what would be normal, uninfluenced, buying habits. hm

Now you know why I click on every single WD spoiler! lol I have to! I just can't justify paying for cable for one show I dread waiting for.

Now you know why I click on every single WD spoiler! lol I have to! I just can't justify paying for cable for one show I dread waiting for.

AMC app and screen mirror it on an Apple TV if you have it and an iOS device. Keep you up to date on this season

Edited by Kaboom

Then again there are modern that are cemented in this place as key issues. I highly doubt that WD 1, NYX 3, or Batman Adventures 12 will ever make it back into the dollar bin.

WD at a dollar :cloud9: I,I,I would buy them all :cloud9:

Diamond to the stage. Diamond.

Next up- love bites by def leppard.

Two for one dances for the next 30 mins.

Don't forget to tip your hostess ;)

now i want to call an uber and head downtown... i love Def Leppard...