• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

1. Banshee is great, sad to see it ending.

2. I wanted to like Constantine, I really did. But I barely made it thru the first episode. I know folks love to hate Keanu (I get it, not blond or British), but that movie was way better than the pilot of the TV show.

I wonder if being on Cinemax will hurt Outcast. It seems to have the "skinimax" stigma hanging over it too much still. I think that's what hurt Banshee, irregardless of the show's creator claiming it was "his" choice to end it. People don't seem to equate Cinemax with quality programming yet. That might also explain why issue one (of Outcast) hasn't picked up more steam yet.

Edited by tiredguy

maybe this is Cinemax's shot at trying to be more relevant. I'm sure Kirkman knew what he was doing going with them....or maybe he was blinded by $$$. Imagine if it had been back to back with TWD on AMC.

Edited by krighton

2. I wanted to like Constantine, I really did. But I barely made it thru the first episode. I know folks love to hate Keanu (I get it, not blond or British), but that movie was way better than the pilot of the TV show.

I wonder if being on Cinemax will hurt Outcast. It seems to have the "skinimax" stigma hanging over it too much still. I think that's what hurt Banshee, irregardless of the show's creator claiming it was "his" choice to end it. People don't seem to equate Cinemax with quality programming yet. That might also explain why issue one hasn't picked up more steam yet.

I liked banshee, but I'm kinda glad its ending. The premise can only last so long. A man's past can only chase him so far. An ex-amish dude can only flirt his niece who slept with the sherriff who is an impostor ex-con who's on the run from the Russian mafia for so many seasons. I think most shows are only good for 2-3 seasons at most, shot of game of thrones or breaking bad.

Also, the way Banshee was shot just made it very tiring to watch. You feel like you're part of it, but IT is very tiring.

I wonder if being on Cinemax will hurt Outcast. It seems to have the "skinimax" stigma hanging over it too much still. I think that's what hurt Banshee, irregardless of the show's creator claiming it was "his" choice to end it. People don't seem to equate Cinemax with quality programming yet. That might also explain why issue one (of Outcast) hasn't picked up more steam yet.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cinemax and a quality show. The skinamax you are talking about it late night and showtime, hbo has had stuff like that for years. Outcast is going to be high quality with Kirkman involved and locked up for the whole season I don't think there is much to worry about. 2c

What was the print run of Outcast #1? May be a factor compared to how many people actually get Cinemax and collect comics. I don't have any copies other than a reader but I'd most likely move them if I did have multiples as the buzz builds and people are looking for multiples rather than when the show starts.

I liked banshee, but I'm kinda glad its ending. The premise can only last so long. A man's past can only chase him so far. An ex-amish dude can only flirt his niece who slept with the sherriff who is an impostor ex-con who's on the run from the Russian mafia for so many seasons. I think most shows are only good for 2-3 seasons at most, shot of game of thrones or breaking bad.

Also, the way Banshee was shot just made it very tiring to watch. You feel like you're part of it, but IT is very tiring.

I will concede that point. The basic premise of that show could only last so long. I just really liked the characters (the "good" guys at least, Kai was starting to get tiresome) and hate to see it end.

What was the print run of Outcast #1? May be a factor compared to how many people actually get Cinemax and collect comics. I don't have any copies other than a reader but I'd most likely move them if I did have multiples as the buzz builds and people are looking for multiples rather than when the show starts.

Think it was 70-75 k on the first print #1. I don't think that is over the top considering millions watch cinemax and when you throw Kirckman high quality tv show in the mix collectors and non collectors will be all over this one. Maybe not like WD but it'll pay off dividends nonetheless. 2c

so i should sell my double ss copies?

You'd definitely know better than me. Personally I'd move them when the trailers start as I can't see an explosion once the show starts as compared to the hype building with how many copies exist. Especially knowing how many people have multiples waiting for the show to start and the channel it's on.

so i should sell give my copies to jimmy and not expect any money or compensation for my double ss copies?

yes

i do owe you for not coming through at nycc. :(

so i should sell my double ss copies?

You'd definitely know better than me. Personally I'd move them when the trailers start as I can't see an explosion once the show starts as compared to the hype building with how many copies exist. Especially knowing how many people have multiples waiting for the show to start and the channel it's on.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=34162385

Think it was 70-75 k on the first print #1. I don't think that is over the top considering millions watch cinemax and when you throw Kirckman high quality tv show in the mix collectors and non collectors will be all over this one. Maybe not like WD but it'll pay off dividends nonetheless. 2c

Every week I meet at least 1 person who watches WD faithfully and never knew it was a comic first, or that there is a comic at all. I guess they know every inch of the episodes except for the Kirkman / Adlard credits?

I bought plenty of Outcast #1 when it came out and I hope the show does well. I don't see it ever cracking $30 raw, but I've been wrong before

Every week I meet at least 1 person who watches WD faithfully and never knew it was a comic first, or that there is a comic at all. I guess they know every inch of the episodes except for the Kirkman / Adlard credits?

I bought plenty of Outcast #1 when it came out and I hope the show does well. I don't see it ever cracking $30 raw, but I've been wrong before

I never thought Saga 1 would be worth much considering the print run.

Outcast 1 was 71k

Outcast 2 was 55k

Looks like the prices are higher than 30 for a NM at mycomicshop already and the show hasn't aired yet. We'll see soon I guess.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25730420

Edited by natevegas

I never thought Saga 1 would be worth much considering the print run.

Very true. I hope Outcast explodes for everyone holding copies to sell.