• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I hear ASM 667 Del Otto variant has legs. :banana:

I want to break those legs,oh,how i want to fill them with poison quills.

Overkilled on that effin book.

Anyone that brings it up to me will be darned for a full hour.i will make you put on a sweater,turn up the thermostat to 77° and sit by the heater for the duration. :sumo:

Also,no water,reading,TV or handheld devices.Darned I tell you!

investcomics has jumped the shark. They mention EVERY new comic, and then when one gets heat later say "YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS"

baloney. rantrant

That site is junk. All hype. Touting every new book that comes out as THE THING TO BUY.

Also, Jay demands you buy EVERY STAR WARS book because "it's like printing money". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....what a bunch of b..u...l...l..s...h..i...t...

Edited by Candletric

Of course Wolverine 66 turner variants are super sky high with even the 1:50 variants commanding over 100 bucks in 8.5 raw! Well the big sleeper of the bunch is 66 2ND PRINT. Itsstill under the radar because its the hardest print to ge as well as the lowrst number of copies at about 7100. Not to mention wolverine cutting the Hulk dow on the cover. Great post guys!

What is the significance of 66? I understand Turner because he has a fanbase. Other than that? Also, 7,100 copies is low? ???

Checking the census for the book (because that's how I roll) there are 140 total slabs, 89, 9.8.

Not a lot in totality, but a fair amount in a 9.8 IMO.

Plus they come up for sale somewhat regularly raw, which suggests to me that they're out there.

-J.

:roflmao:

Ok..old man logan just got his own ongoing for jan. The next movie is rumored to be based on him. yes 7100 is very low for a book that was originally published at 97500. Demand for this book is very very high and a 2nd or 3rd print is very hard to find. I did not understand the market at first but really its all common sense. A 2ND print with new art on cover a lowere numbers on a hot new character concept is in higher demant than what is available. its really that simple...supply and demant. this is how all good investments are made. thanks for you input. Every opinion is important.

i will still never understand this gravitation to later printings... sure its a lower print run... but its still a 2nd/3rd/4th print???? id rather have the book released first, not something released months later... but im older... what do i know...

As far as consensus being 140??? Ok..that is 1st print only. The main point here is the 2nd 3rd 4th print numbers. Very low ..so this proves they are not out there. thanks for those numbers on 1st print though. always helpful and good to know.

i will still never understand this gravitation to later printings... sure its a lower print run... but its still a 2nd/3rd/4th print???? id rather have the book released first, not something released months later... but im older... what do i know...

I'm with you. lol

Yes i am old as well so i understand you perfectly. thing is the hobby and investment side changes with time. some people want what not all others have. 2nd and 3rd prints are not what they were many years ago. They are made when a book sells out at Diamond dist. so rite away they produce another print to compansate for the high demand. Back in the day thete were so many copies produced that damand did not exceed supply. this is why for example. Demon #1..a hot book atm is readily available in anywhere. Never a need for another print.

I don't consider comics an investment though. Maybe that's my problem.

Everyone is different and has different preferences for their collection and/or their investments.

For an example, I collect Darkhawk, which was very popular for a minute in the 90's, but is generally considered drek.

My goal is to get a CGC 9.8 of every issue, which is 50 issues + 3 annuals. Some are obviously harder than others, but I'm making headway slowly, no big deal.

Only 1 issue has a second print, issue #5, which is actually a JCPENNEY/Stridex Reprint. I doesn't seem too far fetched that I would want that comic right? It doesn't mean that I don't the first issue, just that the first issue is FAR more common. But for my collecting needs I want the 2nd print too, which is far more rare, and therefore more costly, even though demand is very low too, it still outweighs the very low supply.

Many many comic collectors are completionists, especially for titles/characters they seriously love or collect. Having the rarer items makes them feel more of a 'true' fan, and there's some level of pride and accomplishment and positive feelings associated with that. Of course its not for everyone, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to understand that someone might feel that way.

For the purpose of investment, its just about ROI IMO. Many 2nd (or later) prints have been overlooked in the past, and as a result prices in the wild (dollar boxes or back issue bins or yard sales) have not caught up with prices online or in more established markets which have risen due to more specialized collection habits and larger reachable markets as a whole. It shouldn't surprise anyone that there are people who want to exploit those differences for financial gain, as that's how markets react to scarcity or perceived scarcity relative to demand.

Ok..old man logan just got his own ongoing for jan. The next movie is rumored to be based on him. yes 7100 is very low for a book that was originally published at 97500. Demand for this book is very very high and a 2nd or 3rd print is very hard to find. I did not understand the market at first but really its all common sense. A 2ND print with new art on cover a lowere numbers on a hot new character concept is in higher demant than what is available. its really that simple...supply and demant. this is how all good investments are made. thanks for you input. Every opinion is important.

You sound like someone who has a case of Old Man Logan 2nd prints to unload. Just checked your posts and that's pretty much the only thing you've talked about in your posts, in three different threads

Darkhawk? Interesting..i don't hear much about him though its a shame. It was a fun read and he can be a really cool character again with a modern take and the correct wrighter...hopfully we see him pop up in the all new all dif marel u. stridex reprint? That's interesting..i would love to get my hands on one as well.