• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

In case you might have missed it, I was being facetious. Whether something remains at a permanent high price depends on how many copies I own. Once I have none it can be a dollar box book. Even better, so I can find one there and try to make it a $10 book again.

Sounds like my luck I'll find a book in the wild when its hot for cheap and then soon after it drops.

lol

Edited by natevegas

Wolverine 66 going nuts! 2ND printing vs. Hulk variant? None to be found with the exception of two International vendors out of Europe with a Cgc consensus of 2 graded copies.

The Dynamic Forces variant by Herb Trimpe is available on:

- mycomicshop.com in Fine condition:

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=wolverine+66&pubid=10221&PubRng=2000-2016

- milehighcomics.com - CGC 9.8 condition:

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=enlarge&issue=96630750744%2066%20DFE%20CGC9.8

Wow - had no idea this book had skyrocketed. I have about 10 raw copies with 7-8 of them with Herb Trimpe sigs. Sadly, I purchased them from Wizard World when they got out of the comic selling business and they all came with generic Wizard World COAs.

1. Why would it do better?

2. That one cost $6.44 to get it in your hands.

-------

Trying to guess modern sales trends if not my forte, I admit.

Because it seemed like it flew a little under the radaar when it came out and maybe not many of this cover are out there. Powell hasn't been producing much lately, so I think his fans might be eager to get whatever is coming out (of course, maybe they just pre-ordered it when it came out). It is kind of a cool cover. Only a few copies for sale on ebay. I guess nobody cares.

-------

Because it seemed like it flew a little under the radaar when it came out and maybe not many of this cover are out there. Powell hasn't been producing much lately, so I think his fans might be eager to get whatever is coming out (of course, maybe they just pre-ordered it when it came out). It is kind of a cool cover. Only a few copies for sale on ebay. I guess nobody cares.

I don't think any of this series are worth anything, but it was a GREAT read. Surprisingly violent and a lot of fun. I enjoyed the Pope and Kelley Jones covers, myself.

Are any of the Civil War tie in issues worth digging out and listing on eBay these days? I know the limited series 1-7 brings in good dollars by itself, but it's been hard to winnow down the sales results when you put in 'civil war' and 7,000 listings pop up.

(shrug)

-------

My thoughts:

1. There is nothing presumed "rare" about it as I don't believe it was an incentive variant.

2. Archie and Predator are both a niche market. It's not like picking up a modern Marvel / DC character.

3. There are very, very few Dark Horse books that have done much value wise.

Are any of the Civil War tie in issues worth digging out and listing on eBay these days? I know the limited series 1-7 brings in good dollars by itself, but it's been hard to winnow down the sales results when you put in 'civil war' and 7,000 listings pop up.

(shrug)

Yes

I wasn't thinking much, like $10-$12. something doesn't need to be "rare" to get there. certainly some of the archies that got "hot" have gone there in the last few years. i sold multiple copies of the kevin keller book for $15 a pop.

buy yeah, i picked up a couple of these 3/$10 at a show once thinking they'd be sure winners, but i suppose a 1994 print run, even on an obscure book, is going to require giantic demand to get it moving....I guess i will have to wait until the movie:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Punisher-Meets-Archie-1-Aug-1994-Marvel-VF-NM-Die-cut-cover-/111925042663?hash=item1a0f409de7:g:KWAAAOSw-zxWpJrv

Edited by the blob

(shrug)

Yes

Thanks for the insight!

:tonofbricks:

Sooooooo...this is heating up? Or are you trying to heat it up??? These things are all over the place in back bins for less than cover.

Well here is one that went for over $10, so it must be hot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spiderman-Vol-2-592-MINT-NM-Professionally-Stored-Comics-VIEW-SCANS-/201531169770?hash=item2eec319bea:g:-3kAAOSwzgRW0ghb

Never mind that it is 300-400%+ the price of others that have sold, it is now a $10+ book.

Come on now. That one was PROFESSIONALLY STORED . The rest of us cant compete with that .

:signfunny::roflmao::takeit:

lol...to funny :) 1sale of a pristine copy does not make a book "hot" but you can believe whatever you like? I can sell you 10 copies for 5 bucks a pop if you want them.

Hold on to them all. Lots of room for growth.

Without quoting whom you are arguing with, makes you look crazy.

And it is pretty obvious who is on the pump&dump train.........