• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I can see eBay being flooded by WD 100's when Negan shows up. I just got rid of my raw WD's (kept a few that I like) and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

There are already 1200 on ebay right now.

I can see eBay being flooded by WD 100's when Negan shows up. I just got rid of my raw WD's (kept a few that I like) and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

All covers maybe. 1st print cover a's less than 20. hm

when I do a search for just the silhouette version, I don't come up with all that many....quite a few low grade ones sitting with no bites. People are just dredging up 100 variants that probably won't sell very well to try and get their small piece of the pie. I searched Walking Dead 100 and only came up with 468

Edited by krighton

a search for "walking dead 100" pulls up over 1,600 listings, but yes, not all of them are actually issue #100

and some additional negan covers will come up because quite a few are not under "100A" or "cover a"

I probably passed on a bunch of the 100A because i viewed the whole issue as just a giant manufactured collectible. Bought the Michonne cover because it was my favorite. The various covers of issue 100 were sitting out on the rack forever.

a search for "walking dead 100" pulls up over 1,600 listings, but yes, not all of them are actually issue #100

and some additional negan covers will come up because quite a few are not under "100A" or "cover a"

I probably passed on a bunch of the 100A because i viewed the whole issue as just a giant manufactured collectible. Bought the Michonne cover because it was my favorite. The various covers of issue 100 were sitting out on the rack forever.

I just searched walking dead 100 in comic section and it pulled up 889 listings not 1600.

Clicked on modern age it goes down to 805.

Clicked Horror & Sci-Fi it goes down to 462.

Added the words to search walking dead 100 1st print it goes down to 108.

Added to search walking dead 100 cover a it goes down to 12.

Not anywhere close to 1600. :gossip:

890 in comics is pretty close. i guess if you don't limit it other comes up.

why would you assume people limit it to horror/sci fi?

or 1st print

or cover a? (I counted well over 20 just by sight and i gave up pretty quickly)

So, there are close to 900 copies of #100 up right now

people have already been listing!

i understand the negan cover will have more interest right now

890 in comics is pretty close. i guess if you don't limit it other comes up.

why would you assume people limit it to horror/sci fi?

or 1st print

or cover a? (I counted well over 20 just by sight and i gave up pretty quickly)

So, there are close to 900 copies of #100 up right now

people have already been listing!

i understand the negan cover will have more interest right now

This doesn't make sense. 1600 you say, then its 1200 then I did a search and with all covers A-H come up and its 900 and you say that is close?

Yeah I don't really see the point you are trying to make here other than yes some are listed for sale. Then again most WD key issues are and will be for sale.

Doing a simple search for WD 100 1st prints under comics tab gets you 147 results, second print 5, third print 27. Which one will collectors want will depend on the collector I suppose. Then again 1st and 2nd usually do very well. Time will tell.

what are you talking about? the various covers are mostly "1st prints" and I assure you, that's a big chunk of the 890 for sale right now. wasn't the initial print-run around 300,000 between all of the covers (not including later prints)?

the 1200 and 1600 were completed listings depending on how you refined the search. oops.

what are you talking about? the various covers are mostly "1st prints" and I assure you, that's a big chunk of the 890 for sale right now. wasn't the initial print-run around 300,000 between all of the covers (not including later prints)?

the 1200 and 1600 were completed listings depending on how you refined the search. oops.

I thought you said up right now? I assumed up right now meant for sale not sold. Completed sales on ebay is always changing I've noticed especially after a few months. Some disappear and some don't. (shrug)

Edited by natevegas

I thought you said up right now? I assumed up right now meant for sale not sold. Completed sales on ebay is always changing I've noticed especially after a few months. Some disappear and some don't. (shrug)

you're killing me. "oops" in my post is a reference to my boo boo. i had the box clicked on "completed" and didn't realize it.

the number is somewhere north of 800. I cannot fathom the vast bulk of them not being first prints given that the first printing was very healthy between all of those covers.

Just looking through the first 50 of those, 9 of them are 100A covers (some are part of lots). same for the next 50. so almost 20%.

Anyway, not sure what my point is other than these seem to already be on the market big-time. Maybe there will actually be 1600 listed in two weeks, who knows.

you're killing me. "oops" in my post is a reference to my boo boo. i had the box clicked on "completed" and didn't realize it.

the number is somewhere north of 800. I cannot fathom the vast bulk of them not being first

prints given that the first printing was very healthy between all of those covers.

Just looking through the first 50 of those, 9 of them are 100A covers (some are part of lots). same for the next 50. so almost 20%.

Anyway, not sure what my point is other than these seem to already be on the market big-time. Maybe there will actually be 1600 listed in two weeks, who knows.

Congratulations to both of you. There are probably 100,000 conversations about the Walking Dead that will take place today. You guys win the prize for the least interesting Walking Dead conversation out of ALL OF THEM. Kudos all around.