• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

well the only cover of Extraordinary Xmen that's selling for a premium is the 1:15....so maybe people are missing out on something with the WoP variant. Though the WoP has no allocation like the 1:15 does when trying to order.

or maybe people don't care about this book at all and are just chasing hype

Sounds like someone forgot to order 15 copies for themselves. If you didn't, that is what you sound like even if you don't care. You guys are like Florida Drivers, Speeding on back roads, but do 15-20 under on the highways.

OF COURSE THERE IS HYPE. That's all anyone can actually chase is hype. That is all that causes variant's to sell, is Hype. Ok, glad you don't care, moving along.

There's some heat on the Deadpool #11 nintendo variant:

Link.

Looks like someone maybe got a good deal on a 9.8? (shrug)

Jerome

That's the Hastings variant and it has commanded good money for a couple of years. I believe it may be one of the first store variants they did.

well the only cover of Extraordinary Xmen that's selling for a premium is the 1:15....so maybe people are missing out on something with the WoP variant. Though the WoP has no allocation like the 1:15 does when trying to order.

Sounds like someone forgot to order 15 copies for themselves. If you didn't, that is what you sound like even if you don't care. You guys are like Florida Drivers, Speeding on back roads, but do 15-20 under on the highways.

OF COURSE THERE IS HYPE. That's all anyone can actually chase is hype. That is all that causes variant's to sell, is Hype. Ok, glad you don't care, moving along.

We need a like button here. *Like!*

Jerome

Jerome

Since the new Four Horsemen are only on the last page, shouldn't the next issue be the one to get?

Here we go....

Jerome

Since the new Four Horsemen are only on the last page, shouldn't the next issue be the one to get?

Here we go....

50 pages later...still no consensus.

I believe they were talking about the regular cover. There are a few variants, and the wop variant, being a % of previous order variant, may be the lowest print run. The 1:15 is the highest ratio incentive.

Incentive variants are not printed according to their distribution ratio. Those are distribution numbers, not print run numbers.

You can yell that all you want (i've seen it now probably 1500 times on these boards), but still doesn't change the fact that it really makes no difference in my statements outcome, the % variant may be shorter printed/distributed than any ratio variant.

Who is yelling? Why are you using provocative language?

If there is misinformation being propagated on the boards, it should be addressed.

Whether it's 1 time or 1500 times isn't relevant, so long as it is still repeated.

What you said is technically correct; however, that doesn't mean that those numbers have anything to do with either the print run or extant copies, and you used them in such a way as to imply they are.

No need to be offended.

You need to dial it back a bit.

Who is yelling? Why are you using provocative language?

No need to be offended.

WTF? Provocative? Do you even..... nope. No. NO. I've seen enough garbage posts where people bait people, not falling for it, and besides, you CONFIRMED my statement was true while trying to make yourself a part of the conversation.

HA,

You need to dial it back a bit.

Hi pot, I'm Kettle. If you wanna verbally spar, pm me. I am always up for any debate.

Can we please keep this thread on topic?

I believe they were talking about the regular cover. There are a few variants, and the wop variant, being a % of previous order variant, may be the lowest print run. The 1:15 is the highest ratio incentive.

Incentive variants are not printed according to their distribution ratio. Those are distribution numbers, not print run numbers.

I'm just wondering what definitive source you originally received this information from that has you so convinced that it is (still) true, to the point of repeating your thoughts on the matter ad nauseum, in multiple treads and forums. I.E., why are you so convinced that publishers routinely print books that they have no intention of distributing?

-J.

People on here always get so upset when the voice of reason comes along.

People on here always get so upset when the voice of reason comes along.

When I find the "voice of reason", I'll be sure to have him contact you.

You ARE the guy who gets an Orange placed in front of them, and convinces yourself it's a banana.

OK, something about 1:15...blah blah

So what does this mean RMA? Print run of 30,000..2,000 of these?

Or even less...one for every 15 a shop ordered...so if a shop ordered 6 copies, none for them, so the number is definitely less than 2,000

Or..., "we just don't know"?

OK, something about 1:15...blah blah

So what does this mean RMA? Print run of 30,000..2,000 of these?

Or even less...one for every 15 a shop ordered...so if a shop ordered 6 copies, none for them, so the number is definitely less than 2,000

Or..., "we just don't know"?

I think RMA is saying that they print tons and tons of them and then distribute the amount based on how many a shop buys. Then later sell the rest at a discount to Diamond account holders