• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

We all know that you are both knowledgeable. So just post your argument somewhere and go on with your life. Create your own thread and rant their all day. We need to focus on the real topic here. :mad:

In the "Moderns heating up on eBay" thread, most of the people posting are looking to make money.

Right?

I think we can all agree on that, right?

In this thread, it's JUST about the money.

So, how does it make sense to tolerate those who consistently post misinformation, misinformation which, if acted on, could stand to lose people quite a bit of money...?

Does that make any sense...?

Don't people WANT to be fully informed about their purchases, and not want to be led down the primrose path of whomever is hyping whatever they wish to hype, for whatever agenda they might have...?

I would have KILLED for such accurate information in the early 90's, when I was wasting thousands of dollars on garbage like X-Force #1, and Silver Sable #1, and Deathlok #1, that the retailers selling to me ASSURED me were going to be "worth lots of money!"

That said, there's a function to use if you don't like what someone posts. I suggest those with the problem use it, and not dictate what is, and what is not, acceptable for others to post.

(thumbs u

Nobody's dictating anything, they are asking that the two of you stop dominating threads with what is becoming spam at this point. Maybe you could reply to every fifth time jaydogrules posts his garbage as I doubt anyone stumbles in here, reads one post and spends their life savings.

It has gotten to the point where ignore is an option because it does not seem like either of you post much of anything else. I know that is not accurate, but trotting out the same old dance as you two follow each other across the boards is so tiresome.

I myself think you offer more to the boards, but it is becoming the "boreds" and the tipping point is near.

Edited by Bird

That said, there's a function to use if you don't like what someone posts. I suggest those with the problem use it, and not dictate what is, and what is not, acceptable for others to post.

(thumbs u

Nobody's dictating anything,

This statement:

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else.

...is dictation.

they are asking that the two of you stop dominating threads with what is becoming spam at this point. Maybe you could reply to every fifth time jaydogrules posts his garbage as I doubt anyone stumbles in here, reads one post and spends their life savings.

No one has to see anyone else "dominating" threads. There's an ignore function for just that purpose. What you're saying is "you can post, but only according to what *I* think is appropriate."

It has gotten to the point where ignore is an option because it does not seem like either of you post much of anything else. I know that is not accurate, but trotting out the same old dance as you two follow each other across the boards is so tiresome.

I don't follow anyone. I read threads I have interest in, and I post. If people don't like that, they are free to ignore whomever they wish.

I've already made the case for why what I am saying is important, and why it is said IN RESPONSE TO erroneous information. If you disagree, fine. Feel free to ignore me. It's not really that difficult.

I myself think you offer more to the boards, but it is becoming the "boreds" and the tipping point is near.

That ignore function is just a couple of clicks away. Then you would be free of this burden.

Done

Excellent! Now hulkfan1965 will be free to chat about whatever they wish to discuss, and they won't feel burdened by others who wish to do the same.

Win-win.

That ignore function is just a couple of clicks away. Then you would be free of this burden.

You flatter yourself with the use of the word burden RMA, c'mon. :makepoint:

You flatter yourself with the use of the word burden RMA, c'mon. :makepoint:

I'm not the one complaining about what others post....

:shrug:

How would you determine the difference? I've posted many "heating up" books. Usually I've sold them by the time I post because once it ends up on here the lurkers will inflate and undercut the market. Or, I simply never owned the books and don't see coming across them too easily.

Edited by ygogolak

I agree with FBS. I know I don't post often but seriously enough is enough.

Take it somewhere else and/or just agree to disagree.

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else. People are tired of reading pages and pages of it in this thread. Its the same individuals. Just take the hint there is another thread for it.

I am trying not to be rude, but how many times does it need to be said.

+3 I usually lurk here and save my schtick for other threads, but come on.

The egos could be put away and you might actually learn something from someone else. The arguing for the sake of arguing is tiresome. RMA is a fountain of knowledge and worth listening to, not debating with. Opinions are opinions but at the end of the day, facts are facts. Don't worry so much about what someone else posts, worry about contributing in a fashion where we all benefit.

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else. People are tired of reading pages and pages of it in this thread. Its the same individuals. Just take the hint there is another thread for it.

The egos could be put away and you might actually learn something from someone else. The arguing for the sake of arguing is tiresome. RMA is a fountain of knowledge and worth listening to, not debating with. Opinions are opinions but at the end of the day, facts are facts. Don't worry so much about what someone else posts, worry about contributing in a fashion where we all benefit.

And which is which seems to be a matter of opinion. lol

-J.

And which is which seems to be a matter of opinion. lol

-J.

lol Yeah, guess what I was trying to say is that picking on each other is just creating vendetta's instead of giving us lurkers facts on the topics.

Honestly, you guys bullying each other is utter nonsense.

I count myself lucky to be ignored by someone who thinks that me making a crack about a modern book collection as a serious transaction :eyeroll:

A lot of you take yourselves way too seriously.

Edited by MetalPSI

I've never had to use ignore since I have been here. I shouldn't have to.

I value everyone thoughts, but this has become ridiculous.

How many more people have to come and states this before it becomes

believable.

I don't care what others posts, but it becomes tedious when its pages of the same thing.

Its not even different its the same thing over and over again. We all know the points by know from both sides. Move on.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I've never had to use ignore since I have been here. I shouldn't have to.

I value everyone thoughts, but this has become ridiculous.

How many more people have to come and states this before it becomes

believable.

I don't care what others posts, but it becomes tedious when its pages of the same thing.

Its not even different its the same thing over and over again. We all know the points by know from both sides. Move on.

That is your opinion. Others should be free to express theirs, and they shouldn't have to be subjected to complaints about that, either.

What people should be free to say isn't dependent on consensus. Who is "we"? When did we elect board spokespersons? Shouldn't you speak for yourself, and let others speak for themselves?

Is anything that I'm saying here outside of reason?

I don't like much of what you say, but I don't tell you to stop saying it. I simply ignore it.

So, my advice to you is: move on.