• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

One time Junk Donkey gave me 300 copies of Walking Dead 100.

I either gave them away or threw them in the garbage.

I am dumb.

Is that right?

Capture1.jpg

Seller had 3 more batches like this and I just bought one.

So please, a little respect, for I am Aweandlorder, lord of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!

Had to quote to see what you were lord of.

lol

Dont confuse the 300k total with only 30k or so of the sillhouette cover

Agreed. Not sure how to calculate the number but I love that cover and there is no doubt that is is Negan. Awax brought up the SDCC cover which is the same as cover A except for being black and white. That book features Negan on the cover and is probably one of the most limited books out there relative to the other covers.

You were just trigger shy after Black Acre

In your defense I thought there was too many as well overall.

Pretty sure I still have some BlackAcre 1s somewhere. It seems just about the time I don't think I have any left I stumble across a box of them.

I thought the art work was good. (I still have some OA from the series and chit chat with the artist from time to time)

The story had potential but then kind of petered out. It was like the writer was trying to tell too much story with too little space in a comic. All the necessary elements were there...just too much too soon.

Dont confuse the 300k total with only 30k or so of the sillhouette cover

Agreed. Not sure how to calculate the number but I love that cover and there is no doubt that is is Negan. Awax brought up the SDCC cover which is the same as cover A except for being black and white. That book features Negan on the cover and is probably one of the most limited books out there relative to the other covers.

I did a rough calculation last year in this thread, 30k sounds about right.

335,000 print run, 1000-1500 are the 1:200 sketch according to estimates.

8 variant covers so assuming equal ratio of orders, 335,000-1500 / 8 = 41,687

But we can't assume all orders contained equal amounts of the covers. Some shops could have ordered heavy on Silvestri and McFarlane covers. Other shops could have gone heavy on others. No way to know.

I'm leaning towards people ordered less of cover A because it wasn't as bright and "pretty" as some of the variants in this day and age of variant popularity.

I had a chance to buy 100s of copies of number 100, but I was worried it'd take forever to recover the investment. I was right not to buy that many I think.

Huge stacks of 100 were sitting around at my local shop and Mid-town for many months after it came out, including the Negan cover. Heck, I got another copy of the Michonne cover for 40% off cover price out of the Midtown back issue bins during one of their sales. I do not know if the Negan cover was in there. Now, if I had actually still been reading the series at that point I think I would have understood the significance of Negan, I hope, but I wasn't.

But the shops were smart in over ordering the book. They didn't sell out right away, but a slow burn of 12-18 months and they were basically gone.

I had a chance to buy 100s of copies of number 100, but I was worried it'd take forever to recover the investment. I was right not to buy that many I think.

Huge stacks of 100 were sitting around at my local shop and Mid-town for many months after it came out, including the Negan cover. Heck, I got another copy of the Michonne cover for 40% off cover price out of the Midtown back issue bins during one of their sales. I do not know if the Negan cover was in there. Now, if I had actually still been reading the series at that point I think I would have understood the significance of Negan, I hope, but I wasn't.

But the shops were smart in over ordering the book. They didn't sell out right away, but a slow burn of 12-18 months and they were basically gone.

Yes, I think about 8 months after, there were still plenty of all covers at my LCS. There were probably 8 of the reg cover. I picked the best three for 25% off, and submitted them for 9.8's (which I've since sold). But obviously I probably should have bought out the remaining stock too, they were all NM or NM-. Also bought a reg cover CGC 9.8 at a show about a year ago for $50, obviously sold for more than double at some point. BUT I do think that at the time most people went for the any one of the flashier variants, largely leaving the reg covers untouched, and I think somewhat under ordered relatively. If an LCS normally ordered 50 copies of TWD, I doubt they ordered 50 reg covers + 5-10 of each variant. More likely they ordered less than usual of the reg cover, and more comics overall. To me that means, there are likely less reg covers out there than most other issues. How much less? who knows, but I don't think difference is insignificant....

New X-Men #31. first appearance of Kimura, was a $10 book, now cooking.

Credit to CBSI on that one (shrug)

Why is anyone deserving of credit other than the creators? (shrug)

Its easier to be surly and blame the current spec site that you don't like. (shrug)

Edited by natevegas