• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I read Pax Romana when it came out. Along with Nightly News, Transhuman and Red Mass For Mars and I loved all of the series, but Pax Romana was my favorite.

Catholic church time travel and Constantine with tanks and jets. Very cool story.

Anyone know off-hand if Fables #1 was previewed similarly to other Vertigo titles? I noticed that some sellers are already jacking up the prices on the 2nd and subsequent printings of the special edition.

MD

Thanks.

no preview although the main characters appeared in an interview and ad done with the creator, i believe it was in the back of an american century issue but unless you are a huge fables fan it prob wont matter to people here as theres no ebay money to be made off it.

You guys think the Letter 44 #1 Preview Edition will be the "grail" even though its not officially part of the line? I believe CGC even categorizes it as a separate book.

:baiting: Your name change was short lived.

Which one is the preview edition; the b&w one? Where/when was it released? Was it at SDCC last year?

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

Obviously you haven't read Letter 44.

i have but if you want my review of the series pm me. all i will briefly say is this, for a comic to get my money and loyal readership both art and story need to be quite good.

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

i have but if you want my review of the series pm me. all i will briefly say is this, for a comic to get my money and loyal readership both art and story need to be quite good.

Joelle Jones is taking over art on this book which will be an improvement imo.

You guys think the Letter 44 #1 Preview Edition will be the "grail" even though its not officially part of the line? I believe CGC even categorizes it as a separate book.

:baiting: Your name change was short lived.

Which one is the preview edition; the b&w one? Where/when was it released? Was it at SDCC last year?

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

Joelle Jones is taking over art on this book which will be an improvement imo.

I believe she is only doing art for issue #7 which Oni is billing as a one-shot issue.

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

Thanks bud! Man, their postage costs are ridiculous!

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

Thanks bud! Man, their postage costs are ridiculous!

dont buy from there, very poor packaging unless you are looking for a f/vf copy

I know the art turned me off to the point that I did not bother with this series. Problem is, even if they get a new artist, most people won't bother jumping in this late in the game. They should have started with a strong artist.

Well then you don't buy much then these days. And yes the art is at best average I agree its the weakness of the book.

I know the art turned me off to the point that I did not bother with this series. Problem is, even if they get a new artist, most people won't bother jumping in this late in the game. They should have started with a strong artist.

Im sure Oni wasn't paying much hence the art they got. Some will grow to appreciate it later, but its about average I would think. It doesn't detract from the book it just doesn't help highlight it. If the show becomes a hit fans wont care about the art