• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Complains all you want about Marvel, there are people buying their non comic book products and see their movie(S). Merchandises and movies are bigger revenue for Marvel, comic book is last in the line for them now. I don't see any change any time soon. Wasn't there a topic about Marvel line up their movies for the next 10 years or something similar? It never catching up with them relating to comic books selling.

Marvel is in the comics selling business, not the back issue market business.

Absolutely...

However their approach is marketed poorly.

I see customers eyes glazing over with confusion at the new issue racks daily.

The "binge consuming " Marvel describes as their reasoning for the reboots has been happening for decades.

It's called a trade paperback.

They could market their book by season with this trade dress:

Season # on the top

Legacy number on the bottom

All classes of trade would be satisfied.

ironman23now-a4889.jpg

Complains all you want about Marvel, there are people buying their non comic book products and see their movie(S). Merchandises and movies are bigger revenue for Marvel, comic book is last in the line for them now. I don't see any change any time soon. Wasn't there a topic about Marvel line up their movies for the next 10 years or something similar? It never catching up with them relating to comic books selling.

In the eye of the storm, everything seems calm and perfect. I worked for American General and a company called Mercury Finance in the late 80s, early 90s. American General was the largest non-captive finance company in the US at the time and one of the largest reinsurers in the world. Mercury Finance's CEO was on the cover of Forbes magazine as leader of one of the best and 5th fastest growing company in the US in 1990. Neither of these monsters exists today.

You may not see it change anytime soon but this is an early 90s philosophy at much higher prices even adjusted for inflation.

BTW, I don't agree with the arguement that new #1s cause people to buy more comics. Ie lived through Grant Morrision on new x-men, miller on daredevil, and the like. I would be willing to bet that the end of Morrisons run sold better than issue 10 of any current x-men run.

I'm not trying to create an argument, I'm simply pointing out my observations.

Marvel is in the comics selling business, not the back issue market business.

Absolutely...

However their approach is marketed poorly.

I see customers eyes glazing over with confusion at the new issue racks daily.

The "binge consuming " Marvel describes as their reasoning for the reboots has been happening for decades.

It's called a trade paperback.

They could market their book by season with this trade dress:

Season # on the top

Legacy number on the bottom

All classes of trade would be satisfied.

ironman23now-a4889.jpg

I agree, this is the best way to do it.

Larry haven't seen your market report in a while (shrug)

I'm currently posting on a private Delphi forum.

CGC boardies as a group are too hostile.

Ah yes, we are all angry 40 year old fanboys that think everything sucks

I'm totally holding my 2 copies till after this show starts. I see only upswing happening if this show is as good as the first novel was. Wish I had picked up more seeing as the cover price for #1 was only $1. :(

I'm sitting on mine as well. Unfortunately my LCS had bagged and boarded his #1's so I had to pay $1.29 for my two. Of course, that was a few months ago so...........

If I could find some #1's for $1.29, I'd buy 10 of them. I just don't know why I didn't buy more in the first place when they were so cheap, and I knew the book had tv show written all over it from reading the first novel.

I predict this book being at least $100 when show starts, with the sky being the limit if it is awesome.

Glad I picked up several locally at a small town store and only paid a buck a piece for them, thin i got like 10 copies or so this was when they were selling at $50.00 each, tried to move a few with no luck so just said I would stick them aside and wait

Larry haven't seen your market report in a while (shrug)

I'm currently posting on a private Delphi forum.

CGC boardies as a group are too hostile.

I'm sure that you'll make them hostile too...where will you move on from there?

I wonder how this book will do...I'm not very familiar with the series

Strain2.jpg

It won't do as well as the regular The Strain series will but it just might ride on its coattails pretty well. :)

I'm totally holding my 2 copies till after this show starts. I see only upswing happening if this show is as good as the first novel was. Wish I had picked up more seeing as the cover price for #1 was only $1. :(

I'm sitting on mine as well. Unfortunately my LCS had bagged and boarded his #1's so I had to pay $1.29 for my two. Of course, that was a few months ago so...........

Your shop charges $0.29 for a bag and board?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/27/official-justice-league-movie-directed-by-zack-snyder-will-follow-batmansuperman/

Confirmation of Justice League directed by Zack Snyder after Batman vs. Superman. As well as, Vertigo's Fables, 100 Bullets, etc.

rush out and buy those oh so modern Brave & Bold 28's that are heating up on Ebay