• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

@Mike'sRack -- you took the words out of my mouth. I was going to use '2 Guns' as an example. Even with a rating of 7 on IMDb, the 2 Guns comic (BOOM Studios) didn't blow up.

there was a window where issues were selling for 20, 30, 40 dollars. Very few were ever listed at one time on eBay.

Just bought it. Call it a splurge I guess.

Great purchase....I would take it off your hands for what you paid, so it's a win-win for you...

Thanks. It'll be nice to hold on to as a fan of Batman and Robot Chicken. Hopefully my other Batman #29 variant I bought off of a boardie here will come back as a 9.8 and they can sit side by side.

@Mike'sRack -- you took the words out of my mouth. I was going to use '2 Guns' as an example. Even with a rating of 7 on IMDb, the 2 Guns comic (BOOM Studios) didn't blow up.

there was a window where issues were selling for 20, 30, 40 dollars. Very few were ever listed at one time on eBay.

Yes, that actually reinforces the point. The Strain has already had its show creation bump, it may get another when the show airs, however if the speculation bump is to be maintained the show will have to be good rather than simply being made. Otherwise, the book will tank. The golden ticket is not having a show made, it's having a show made that produces fans that want to own the book, everything up to that point is based on potential i.e. Speculators selling to speculators.

Hey!

Are you guys telling me Batman Beyond is finally worth some money?? What happened? Why now? Is there news I missed?

I have 8ish full sets of the 1999 series cause I'm a maniac.

+1

Yes, that actually reinforces the point. The Strain has already had its show creation bump, it may get another when the show airs, however if the speculation bump is to be maintained the show will have to be good rather than simply being made. Otherwise, the book will tank. The golden ticket is not having a show made, it's having a show made that produces fans that want to own the book, everything up to that point is based on potential i.e. Speculators selling to speculators.

True and I don't have any of these books but I regret not buying a ton of them when there was a lull. The director of this show is Guillermo del Toro. This guy did Hellboy and I thought it was 1 of the few comic to movie conversions that were well done. I throw the Crow and a few other comics into this category. The fact that its a TV show gives it 3 months of exposure as compared to a movie which if it was well received, might get a month. I think this has winner written all over it. 2c

True and I don't have any of these books but I regret not buying a ton of them when there was a lull. The director of this show is Guillermo del Toro. This guy did Hellboy and I thought it was 1 of the few comic to movie conversions that were well done. I throw the Crow and a few other comics into this category. The fact that its a TV show gives it 3 months of exposure as compared to a movie which if it was well received, might get a month. I think this has winner written all over it. 2c

That is a very good point. Typically you think a movie brings more exposure, and it does to the masses. But, a well done TV show can POTENTIALLY bring more to the market.

+1

A very small window....I tried to flip a set, it had zero bites....