• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Shadowman Black Retailer Incentive

I guess the 9.8 makes up for the 9.0 sale

CGC 9.0 books from 2013 don't typically sell at any price. lol

True, but if you can find that book raw for $30 I would be interested.

I'm thinking the CGC 9.0 for $30 was a steal. There was a window in late 2013 where that book wasn't worth much more than about $30 raw.

You would know!

If only we had the foresight :facepalm:

This is just unbelievable. MOS18 is the book that snuck up on everyone here.. This was a 70-100 book only a few days ago, and now its at 175.00 climbing to 200.. MOS17, while still slightly higher, hasnt shown as much appreciation in value... I dont think anyone saw this coming

Pretty much. I can't remember if I saw it on here or not, but the CGI company said they didn't do any Doomsday work. So either they lied or someone else did it. I think when they said that it killed any spec. on it.

This is just unbelievable. MOS18 is the book that snuck up on everyone here.. This was a 70-100 book only a few days ago, and now its at 175.00 climbing to 200.. MOS17, while still slightly higher, hasnt shown as much appreciation in value... I dont think anyone saw this coming

Pretty much. I can't remember if I saw it on here or not, but the CGI company said they didn't do any Doomsday work. So either they lied or someone else did it. I think when they said that it killed any spec. on it.

Non-disclosure agreements are probably OK with denying completely.

Even politicians caught on tape or film lie about it. lol

Hulk #181 and Star Wars #1 are insanely high print runs (for their eras),

--

what's the basis for this statement re: Hulk 181?

I understand that Hulk was a popular character and all, but this issue was like the other issues around it print-run wise and no higher than a typical 1st tier marvel character and presumably less than Spiderman. of course, it's hard to know how many copies actually made it into the world as a chunk of the run consisted of newstand returns and who the heck knows what happened to those. chuck didn't buy every book falsely not destroyed in the 70s.

Hulk #181 and Star Wars #1 are insanely high print runs (for their eras),

--

what's the basis for this statement re: Hulk 181?

I understand that Hulk was a popular character and all, but this issue was like the other issues around it print-run wise and no higher than a typical 1st tier marvel character and presumably less than Spiderman. of course, it's hard to know how many copies actually made it into the world as a chunk of the run consisted of newstand returns and who the heck knows what happened to those. chuck didn't buy every book falsely not destroyed in the 70s.

True... it's not necessarily the print run on Hulk #181, but the number still in existence today is insanely high for it to be a major key. Other major keys don't approach the number of remaining copies of Hulk #181 or Star Wars #1.

Well I guess I'll wait on finishing my MOS 17 and 18 reprints collection until the movie hype dies down.

Hopefully the availability of all of the surrounding books will increase. Lots of people bought these books and stuck them in longboxes back in the day... and many probably haven't thought about Doomsday in 20 years.

http://tephlonfunk.com/

The have a 'demo' self published book out... I know others have posted about this, but the news is that the print run is only 100 copies...

When this becomes a show, as it looks like it is...

At the moment of my posting this, I think they might still have a few copies...

http://tephlonfunk.com/shop/

(thumbs u Thanks for the heads up reminder just got some!

Out of stock now. Looks like my order was just in time. lol

Edited by natevegas

The print run is not from Marvel, it's straight from Diamond. Only 500 printed nation wide, and yes, if a store has two diamond accounts, it would have two copies.

There are way more than 500 Diamond accounts though. (shrug) Diamond services over 2500 accounts. What was the qualifier for this variant?

Interesting...

you had to signup and parcipate in LCSD and only 300 some shops did so...

Which is why the remaining copies are either going to "leak" out through diamond, or be destroyed...

Or end up in 5 below bags

:roflmao:

:wishluck:

Well I guess I'll wait on finishing my MOS 17 and 18 reprints collection until the movie hype dies down.

Yeah give it a year or two and it will die down.

Those late printings are a nightmare to find. I still have never found a IV, but have found 3 V so go figure.

The DC Universe UPC printing for MOS 18 is rare. Is there one for MOS 17?

Those late printings are a nightmare to find. I still have never found a IV, but have found 3 V so go figure.

I have 3 4ths and 1 5th.

The way I heard it, 5ths are "more common" (take that for what you will) b/c they were available in Doomsday story packs.

The DC Universe UPC printing for MOS 18 is rare. Is there one for MOS 17?

Sorry should have said the ones I care about.

Even Overstreet has the later printings at higher values than 1st prints. Crazy!

I can understand that logic only to a certain extent. The scarcity does drive the price, but it isn't really the 1st appearance.

The whole concept of 1st appearance has been turned on its ear by speculators the last few years. Who knows anymore.

I feel like I've flipped MOS 17's and 18's so many times with every Doomsday rumor over the last few years that the trailer footage and actual confirmation doesn't mean as much

Throwing this out there:

Adam LOTBM #1 is still heating up

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=adam%20legend%20of%20the%20blue%20marvel%201&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Found 2 dollar bin copies at a shop last weekend. Since then I've hit up 5 shops (in 2 states) and came up empty

*This is my 2000th post :headbang: