• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Silly

I am also not sure why this is "silly " Aren't we all here to discuss moderns heating up? I checked out the webpage for this comic, it looks pretty cool and there is some talk of it becoming a show or something. Have you read it? If not then I would put you in the category of all those phony ESPN writers who just believed the Wells Report without actually reading it. What if it's awesome? I think you are dismissing it a bit too early. Is that just because a page others than this forum was talking about it first? Honestly if you have any real argument against this book please enlighten me.

Silly

I am also not sure why this is "silly " Aren't we all here to discuss moderns heating up? I checked out the webpage for this comic, it looks pretty cool and there is some talk of it becoming a show or something. Have you read it? If not then I would put you in the category of all those phony ESPN writers who just believed the Wells Report without actually reading it. What if it's awesome? I think you are dismissing it a bit too early. Is that just because a page others than this forum was talking about it first? Honestly if you have any real argument against this book please enlighten me.

Print run of 100?

1st full face appearance lol .

Is this where we are now in the hobby ?

Which isssue is his first full left arm appearance ?

Anyone know the first full right foot appearance of Batman i want that issue.

How about the first full appearance of superman and batman talking to each other get it now while you can ! go go go !

It will be in a special compilation from Rob Liefeld along with all the other feet he's failed to draw over the years. Release will consist of multiple volumes at over 1000 pages each, great Christmas gift.

Silly

Print run of 100?

I know, but they were really surprised by the response.... They printed those up as kind of samples to sell give them time to get out their kickstarter stuff. I mean they aren't some comic label that should know better. I don't think they planned to make this a scarce collectors item, it's actually pretty expensive way to do things to keep printing 100 comic print runs and sell them for 5 dollars each... I tried to tell them that the 2nd prints of 150 wouldn't last long at all.....

They have some cool hoodies up...

Rob

Silly

Print run of 100?

I know, but they were really surprised by the response.... They printed those up as kind of samples to sell give them time to get out their kickstarter stuff. I mean they aren't some comic label that should know better. I don't think they planned to make this a scarce collectors item, it's actually pretty expensive way to do things to keep printing 100 comic print runs and sell them for 5 dollars each... I tried to tell them that the 2nd prints of 150 wouldn't last long at all.....

Rob

How much was each issue?

Silly

Print run of 100?

Rob

How much was each issue?

5 bucks with cheap shipping, couldn't have been very profitable......

Silly

Print run of 100?

Rob

How much was each issue?

5 bucks with cheap shipping, couldn't have been very profitable......

Unless they started a movie rumour and sold a few after. ;)

hm

Seems like easy money with little investment. Maybe $200 to print 100, start a rumour and then sell for $100 each. Easy $10k.

Except they were selling them for 5 bucks a piece, so yea... doubt they would start a rumor and not cash out. People selling them for 100 a piece are the ones that bought them for 5 bucks, bunch of random ebay sellers.

With respect...

The first issue is posted online and it is good, objectively... I find that artists generally don't try to maximize profit from their art... they tend to be in it for other reasons...

http://tephlonfunk.com/manga/

People have received their copies, a lot of people...

I really don't think you can print a hundred comics for 200 dollars... I know that it tends to cost less the more you print, i.e. 1000 is nearly the same cost as 2000.

The time to have capitalized was this last week and I haven't seen any for sale...

hm

Seems like easy money with little investment. Maybe $200 to print 100, start a rumour and then sell for $100 each. Easy $10k.

Except they were selling them for 5 bucks a piece, so yea... doubt they would start a rumor and not cash out. People selling them for 100 a piece are the ones that bought them for 5 bucks, bunch of random ebay sellers.

Yeah, you know every seller. (thumbs u

With respect...

The first issue is posted online and it is good, objectively... I find that artists generally don't try to maximize profit from their art... they tend to be in it for other reasons...

http://tephlonfunk.com/manga/

People have received their copies, a lot of people...

I really don't think you can print a hundred comics for 200 dollars... I know that it tends to cost less the more you print, i.e. 1000 is nearly the same cost as 2000.

The time to have capitalized was this last week and I haven't seen any for sale...

lol

Yup, artists try their best to work for pennies. If they printed 100 and "selling for $5" then it's safe to assume it cost less than $500 to print. (thumbs u