• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Merc with a mouth 7 seems to be on a slow but steady climb...

I've probably already stated that, but graded there seems to be steady in price sales. It was a $30 book when I bought it, now $40, with a little uptick not worth bragging about

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, Awax said:

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #32 

Surprising amount of new books are moving;

Already stated:

Venom #3, Moon Girll and DD #32, Ms. Marvel #31B Hans Variant.....but there are others.

Batgirl 24 Middleton Variant, Teen Titans Special #1 as well as the Champions #19 and #20 2nd print connecting covers.  Big Wednesday so far!

I was able to find the others mentioned (aside from the Venom variant), but I only saw one Moon Girl on the stands today, and it had a banged up corner. Grabbed it anyway.

Edited by BishopT

4 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I was able to find the others mentioned (aside from the Venom variant), but I only saw one Moon Girl on the stands today, and it had a banged up corner. Grabbed it anyway.

I think that was a good move.  Low entry cost and the pretty low print run (no estimation---just a guess)....you're already in the money. 

UF#4, EOSV#2, ASM#4 all experienced a bump in the past couple of weeks. I think that for most modern collectors this was a sure bet a long time ago (although I personally didnt think ASM4 could be in the same group as the other 2), and Im positive that these books will continue to grow in the future as well

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

These may very well be the NM87 & 98 of the future

I haven't read too much on these characters.  Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen, I can understand.  But Silk?  Lumped in as the "next" NM87 and 98?  Is her character that compelling?  I really don't know anything about her.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I haven't read too much on these characters.  Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen, I can understand.  But Silk?  Lumped in as the "next" NM87 and 98?  Is her character that compelling?  I really don't know anything about her.

Yes I meant morales and gwen. But silk definitely seems to keep the pace almost 1 week after the announcement 

Silk's announcement carries more weight with me. While the origin of the character left some to be desired she has the best path currently going forward. Its also why I bought heavy 
on here and left Spidergwen alone for the most part. I have done well with Morales as well which is who I would put 2nd. Gwen just doesn't have the right appeal that the other two 
characters do.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, the authority said:

Ms Marvel #31 Hans variant with 1st Skunk Girl 

That and the new character "sounds" like a perfect villain for Squirrel Girl. ? 

Seriously.  I'm wondering why she was debuted in a Ms. Marvel book and not Squirrel Girl.

Edited by ExNihilo
typo

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

What was compelling about DP upon release besides the artist?

Just now, ygogolak said:

Certainly nothing that caught my attention at the time.  If anything he just looked "cool".  And I guess the idea of a guy who looks like a ninja with swords and guns seemed appealing.

I guess as I've gotten older, my tastes in comics has moved away from "cool" art and somewhat towards a good (compelling) story.  And I guess I just figured if they're making a movie based on this character, there must be a good origin/character depth to support it.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
20 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Certainly nothing that caught my attention at the time.  If anything he just looked "cool".  And I guess the idea of a guy who looks like a ninja with swords and guns seemed appealing.

I guess as I've gotten older, my tastes in comics has moved away from "cool" art and somewhat towards a good (compelling) story.  And I guess I just figured if they're making a movie based on this character, there must be a good origin/character depth to support it.

I would agree to those opinions, plus in x-force it was weapon x this etc. At first, I figured that it would tie into wolverine. Lot's of cool about the character then. I didn't read when he became a jokester, makes good movies though. He plays a throw away character really well (thumbsu

But that's the point lol

The only thing that sets Spider gwen apart from the rest is that she has her own cult followers In addition to the average comic book collector/reader. Namely within younger female demographics. I am not sure if morales or Silk has cult followers. 

25 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

The only thing that sets Spider gwen apart from the rest is that she has her own cult followers In addition to the average comic book collector/reader. Namely within younger female demographics. I am not sure if morales or Silk has cult followers. 

You are right they don't as much. I think a movie will change that rather quickly though.  They also have diversity on their side which whether we like it or not is the path going forward.

Edited by fastballspecial

22 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:
22 hours ago, Awax said:

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #32 

Surprising amount of new books are moving;

Already stated:

Venom #3, Moon Girll and DD #32, Ms. Marvel #31B Hans Variant.....but there are others.

Batgirl 24 Middleton Variant, Teen Titans Special #1 as well as the Champions #19 and #20 2nd print connecting covers.  Big Wednesday so far!

Only thing from that bunch I took a chance with was the Champions 2nd prints because I was betting their numbers are very low. 

The TT special I really liked, but I stayed away from it when they really couldn't confirm a strong app and are selling it as a cameo instead.

The rest are just modern flips that didn't excite me and spec sites have to push something.

Edited by fastballspecial