• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Midtown has the WD103 cover kid variant for less than cover if you want a few for any reason and are willing to gamble on condition...

I've been to several shops around town, and all seem to have it. Are there shops that don't?

Lots of shops missed it b/c is wasn't solicited in Previews but the shops that did get it ordered lots because Diamond was initially going to limit the stores orders. Only those retailers who are on top of there game knew that it was available and unlimited. It's going to be really interesting to see what the print run is.

lol I don't know that Walking Dead 103 is a good investment, but its a cool cover and it may be a good investment depending on the print run. I think this book will be a real popular CGC SS book b/c of the great cover.

laugh now, but those later printings are much tougher to find later on.

everyone will have first printings on eBay, all day long

Just because something is tougher to find, that doesn't make it more desirable. They are tougher to find, yes....but this is also a direct result of the fact that they are ordered in very small quantities because most collectors only want 1st prints, and just don't care about the reprints. Collectors of every printing are the most extreme form of completists, and are the exception and not the rule. If everyone collected this way and bought 10 copies of everything, books would never go out of print...they'd just reprint Saga 1 each and every month and wait for you to walk in and pick up your stack. ;-)

Just because something is tougher to find, that doesn't make it more desirable. They are tougher to find, yes....but this is also a direct result of the fact that they are ordered in very small quantities because most collectors only want 1st prints, and just don't care about the reprints. Collectors of every printing are the most extreme form of completists, and are the exception and not the rule. If everyone collected this way and bought 10 copies of everything, books would never go out of print...they'd just reprint Saga 1 each and every month and wait for you to walk in and pick up your stack. ;-)

Don't give them ideas. lol

You know me too well! lol

Originally on Diamond the Walking Dead 103 variant was going to be limited to 1000 copies. When I did my FOC on the Monday, it had been changed to print to order. So there are definitely going to be some large stores in the States that ordered a lot of these. I will also say there are going to be a lot of stores that either missed it, or passed altogether. What that says about print run isn't much, but my guess would be in the 25-50% range of what 103 regular did, which is probably somewhere in the 80,000-90,000 range.

Jay

My buddy ordered 1,000 copies when it was originally solicted as 1,000 print run. A couple days later Diamond e-mails him and advises that the issue was now order what you want and it would be filled. The e-mail stated that Image would allow him to cut his order by 50% since they changed the item from limited to all you want.

So, that would be 500 copies. Well my Buddy was like Nuck that and complained due to it being Image who changed it on retailers he should be allowed to change his order to what he wants and not what they will allow.

Diamond e-mailed him the day after and advised that his order was cancelled and he was free to order whatever amount he wanted.

Needless to say he only ordered 10 copies.

I haven't seen anyone mention Nightwing 13 that just came out this past week. There's a scene inside between Nightwing and Batgirl that ties in with Death of the Family. Odd that it was left out when other titles seemed tied in about as much. (shrug)

Edited by dane323

My buddy ordered 1,000 copies when it was originally solicted as 1,000 print run. A couple days later Diamond e-mails him and advises that the issue was now order what you want and it would be filled. The e-mail stated that Image would allow him to cut his order by 50% since they changed the item from limited to all you want.

So, that would be 500 copies. Well my Buddy was like Nuck that and complained due to it being Image who changed it on retailers he should be allowed to change his order to what he wants and not what they will allow.

Diamond e-mailed him the day after and advised that his order was cancelled and he was free to order whatever amount he wanted.

you think your buddy would have got 1000 copies if it had stayed at 1000 print run?

:screwy:

you think your buddy would have got 1000 copies if it had stayed at 1000 print run?

i think that was the point, to get as many as he possibly could. Personally, I think they should have made him eat 1000 and go bankrupt lol, simply for trying to get an entire print run of a book.

of course not....he did it to get a least one copy if not more once allocation hit.

i think that was the point, to get as many as he possibly could. Personally, I think they should have made him eat 1000 and go bankrupt lol, simply for trying to get an entire print run of a book.

How can you force someone to buy 1000 copies if the company changes the rules?