• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Found something interesting yesterday. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen any mention. Wizard 90, released the month before Inhumans #5, included a Marvel Knights Wave 2 Sketchbook that had some interesting content. The cover and some interior spreads:

IMG_3641.thumb.jpg.7f95e69f97086e433df6f122c4b97f41.jpgIMG_0306.thumb.jpg.7403e51bfb152a3b27c51d786552d3cb.jpgIMG_1587.thumb.jpg.8a43362bc5879a42e2dad56339a7c26e.jpgIMG_1390.thumb.jpg.06a7460a7a39669c6263ae532f71e35b.jpgIMG_0305.thumb.jpg.cde5cd04457479315587bda3ed23acdd.jpg

Ive known about this.. it's been posted in articles online b4.. too bad it's not worth anything in this previews age of comics

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Found something interesting yesterday. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen any mention. Wizard 90, released the month before Inhumans #5, included a Marvel Knights Wave 2 Sketchbook that had some interesting content. The cover and some interior spreads:

There were 2 bagged copies on eBay. One appeared to be creased, and on the other the seller was asking for 20 and didn't seem willing to go below 15.

53 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Found something interesting yesterday. Not sure if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen any mention. Wizard 90, released the month before Inhumans #5, included a Marvel Knights Wave 2 Sketchbook that had some interesting content.

I have a bunch of those. Pump away!

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have just the one, so not particularly interested in pumping. Figured I'd share for those that like to collect that sort of thing.

For those that like that sort of thing, that's the kind of thing those people would like. 

33 minutes ago, TrayKnight said:

What's going on with Star Wars Jango Fett Open Seasons......

• Origin of Jango Fett
  • 1st appearance of Fett, the father of Jango
  • 1st appearance of Darth Tyranus AKA Count Dooku, an apprentice of Yoda who turned to the Dark Side and trained under Palpatine (first appearance in an original story)
  • 1st appearance of Jaster Meerel, led the True Mandalorians and clashed with Death Watch
  • 1st appearance of Montross, a Mandalorian turned bounty hunter

4 minutes ago, gradejunky said:
  • Origin of Jango Fett
  • 1st appearance of Darth Tyranus AKA Count Dooku, an apprentice of Yoda who turned to the Dark Side and trained under Palpatine (first appearance in an original story)
  • 1st appearance of Jaster Meerel, led the True Mandalorians and clashed with Death Watch

Nice; knew I should have kept that series. 

No longer selling any Star Wars until they are lit. Only a matter of time, apparently, before every issue is aflame (I guess).

18 minutes ago, gradejunky said:
55 minutes ago, TrayKnight said:

What's going on with Star Wars Jango Fett Open Seasons......

• Origin of Jango Fett

Yup. Most recently the canonization of Jaster Mereel after SW fans translated something written in the latest Mando episode. Not really a spoiler. Guess it pays to learn Aurebesh. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 minutes ago, manetteska said:

No longer selling any Star Wars until they are lit. Only a matter of time, apparently, before every issue is aflame (I guess).

I feel you.  I don't have those books myself.  I'm still kicking myself for passing on SW books at a monthly $1 book sale here in Orlando that took place at a used bookstore overstock warehouse, and run by a part-time teacher who had been a comic dealer off and on his whole life.  This place literally at it's peek had over 200,000 books to go through every month.  In particular, I remember seeing whole boxes stuffed to the gills with DH SW books, of which I just kept passing on as I figured no one was interested in, and wouldn't be for a long time, if ever.  I used that sale every month to track down stuff I could flip quickly or run fill other titles I was seeking, even though I did collect SW at the time and still do.  Hindsight is 20/20 and I could have had probably 10 shorts filled with multiples of all this SW stuff that is just going insane...live and learn.  My other huge blunder was not buying the Clone Wars #1 when it came out.  I kept my eye out on ebay for the whole run several times and just never pulled the trigger on cheap sets.  Locally, that series was a ghost.  

19 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Aside from being commercially successful, Mando is doing something I didn't think could be done. Fans of the OT, Prequels, Sequels, Animated and even those still peeved about Disney discarding the Legends/EU timeline, all seem to really like the show. It's got something for everyone without overtly pandering.

We only have a few hours to wait now to see what Disney’s big announcements are re: SW, Marvel and the Fox properties like Alien(s) and Predator. This could be a very profitable next couple of months. :banana:

As far as High Republic 1, if a D+ show is announced, will #1 start out at $20+ upon release in January?

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

As far as High Republic 1, if a D+ show is announced, will #1 start out at $20+ upon release in January?

I wouldn't be surprised. Depending on Filoni's involvement, could be a $50 book. I don't think it will, but nothing surprises me anymore. 

18 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

I feel you.  I don't have those books myself.  I'm still kicking myself for passing on SW books at a monthly $1 book sale here in Orlando that took place at a used bookstore overstock warehouse, and run by a part-time teacher who had been a comic dealer off and on his whole life.  This place literally at it's peek had over 200,000 books to go through every month.  In particular, I remember seeing whole boxes stuffed to the gills with DH SW books, of which I just kept passing on as I figured no one was interested in, and wouldn't be for a long time, if ever.  I used that sale every month to track down stuff I could flip quickly or run fill other titles I was seeking, even though I did collect SW at the time and still do.  Hindsight is 20/20 and I could have had probably 10 shorts filled with multiples of all this SW stuff that is just going insane...live and learn.  My other huge blunder was not buying the Clone Wars #1 when it came out.  I kept my eye out on ebay for the whole run several times and just never pulled the trigger on cheap sets.  Locally, that series was a ghost.  

Similar, smaller scale story over here. There was a local guy selling an entire SW DH set — all series all issues — on CL for $2500. It sat for probably a year, even when a few issues started taking off. But I still didn’t pull the trigger as I thought of all of the long boxes of $1 (or less) books I couldn’t sell. Cut to now and it was a great deal someone got for allegedly $2000. 

25 minutes ago, manetteska said:
44 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

Similar, smaller scale story over here. There was a local guy selling an entire SW DH set — all series all issues — on CL for $2500. It sat for probably a year, even when a few issues started taking off. But I still didn’t pull the trigger as I thought of all of the long boxes of $1 (or less) books I couldn’t sell. Cut to now and it was a great deal someone got for allegedly $2000. 

It may seem like you missed out on a deal, but many of those DH books will only maintain value if Disney brings the characters into canon. There is a frenzy to get any and all 1st appearances now, but there are some characters who just won't work. It's possible you only missed out on a few-month selling window, which depending on the size of the collection, you could have been left with a lot of books you couldn't move in the window. 

Just trying to be glass half full. 

34 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Depending on Filoni's involvement, could be a $50 book. I don't think it will, but nothing surprises me anymore. 

I am curious to see what the print run is. If it is 100K or less, over three covers that would be 25,000 - 45,000 per cover (assuming cover A received highest orders) which seems low to me for a SW book with so many new characters.

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am curious to see what the print run is. If it is 100K or less, over three covers that would be 25,000 - 45,000 per cover (assuming cover A received highest orders) which seems low to me for a SW book with so many new characters.

I would think it might be well over 100K.  Also, there is the High Republic Adventures IDW which may be overlooked.