• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

That discussion could be its own thread, but it probably would not last long...

Yea I guess so and I didn’t mean it in a disrespectful way so if it came off that way I apologize.  But yea, I just mean there are infinite supermen in different time lines who are white or mix or whatever that they could go with.  Heck they could use the Chinese Superman as well.  So I don’t understand how people come to the conclusion to speculate and final crisis 7 when it could be any race of Superman that we have seen in comics. 

25 minutes ago, the blob said:

There have been black kryptonians for a while. That on an alternate krypton it was a black kryptonian who shot their kid off into space before the world blew up hardly seems crazy. 

Agreed. My comment was geared towards how the original question was posed and how that could end up going in a "political discussion" direction. :)

45 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Agreed. My comment was geared towards how the original question was posed and how that could end up going in a "political discussion" direction. :)

Yea I wasn’t implying a political question.  I was just curious why people were speculating on that particular Superman when there are other white supermen, a Chinese Superman and whatever else dc decides to go with.  That’s all I meant. 

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

Yea I guess so and I didn’t mean it in a disrespectful way so if it came off that way I apologize.  But yea, I just mean there are infinite supermen in different time lines who are white or mix or whatever that they could go with.  Heck they could use the Chinese Superman as well.  So I don’t understand how people come to the conclusion to speculate and final crisis 7 when it could be any race of Superman that we have seen in comics. 

Yup, if that pod landed in china things could have been totally different.

33 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Yea I wasn’t implying a political question.  I was just curious why people were speculating on that particular Superman when there are other white supermen, a Chinese Superman and whatever else dc decides to go with.  That’s all I meant. 

As noted, Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing it. If you don't know him, Google him. He would not be brought in to write another white superman story. That doesn't mean we won't have a white superman too, because I'm kind of doubting Warner is going to put $200 million into an unproven commodity like this just for fun, and they already have a black Superman of Earth 23. No reason not to have a meeting of the two. The multiverse is pretty well ingrained in the DC TV shows, they just haven't toyed with it in the movies yet. With that said, it sure would be easier for him to write a John Stewart Green Lantern. Most kids out there identify Green Lantern as him nowadays. Mind you, the DC history of Black Kryptonians implies that there may have been some discrimination (and all black kryptonians come from one island on the planet (although it might be really big, i dunno), although I don't know if Earth-23 (and thus Krypton 23) had that history too. In Supergirl it seems implied that Kryptonian society had its share of classism and snobbery, at least that's what the Daxamites think, of course, they're jerks too.

People normally spend little at these small shows because they wait for the big ones to make their purchases - however a lot of bigger books (silver/bronze) were selling as well as marvel cards 

I didn’t hear much talk about DC except the Action 9 and Final crisis 7

On 2/26/2021 at 10:01 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Secret Warriors 4 selling for a bit more than normal - not crazy money but probably an easy find

Yep, I posted this a couple of weeks ago right after one of the pump and dumps named Manifold the most underrated something or other. 

1 hour ago, Catwomancomics said:

@jsilverjanet

What books were the most requested?

I did a two day show last weekend and had numerous requests for House of M (all from people in their early 20's and younger). Star Wars was hot as was Young Avengers stuff. All keys were on fire as well. No shock on any of this as it reflected ebay and the market pretty well. 

5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

How is the last ronin 1 still expensive? Hoping to pick up a few copies when it cooled down... instead it's even more expensive now

Prob because #2 just came out.  I saw so many people picking it up.  Just makes people want 1 even more.

Patrick

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang... should have picked it up last month...

In this current collectible frenzy, this one has really stuck out.  Never heard so many people asking every week at the shop.  I picked up the higher priced # 2 variant, set it back, and it was gone 5 minutes later.  Anarchy 

Patrick

Just now, followtheleader said:

In this current collectible frenzy, this one has really stuck out.  Never heard so many people asking every week at the shop.  I picked up the higher priced # 2 variant, set it back, and it was gone 5 minutes later.  Anarchy 

Patrick

The story is really good too.  I really enjoyed the first book.  Now I need to hunt down the 2nd...

6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

Sold from under you?  :ohnoez: