• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is this the same Flash show that has been on the air for 7 years? Since when did anybody care about appearances in that show for the last few years? Practically ever character in th DC Universe has been in that show or Legends or Arrow or Supergirl.

Truth right here. I had Godspeed first appearances that did nada. I think the Flash movie villain will get more love if something special happens in that.

I have a bunch of Bloodwork first appearances too.

15 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Truth right here. I had Godspeed first appearances that did nada. I think the Flash movie villain will get more love if something special happens in that.

Godspeed sold for a week or two. They all do. They just don't break $20 very often.

14 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

It was a new character ever other episode so folks stopped getting excited

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Godspeed sold for a week or two. They all do. They just don't break $20 very often.

Yeah, I sold a couple, but just didn't make much on them. Oh well.

42 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is this the same Flash show that has been on the air for 7 years? Since when did anybody care about appearances in that show for the last few years? Practically ever character in th DC Universe has been in that show or Legends or Arrow or Supergirl.

And who cares? Announcement was made, books are being sold , that’s the gist of it. The same as any other flash in the pan book that is posted on here.

Edited by Nazirite

20 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I know Rob gets a lot of now but when he first appeared I don’t remember anyone talking all this smack

After being out of comics since the 70s/early-80s, I walked into a comicbook store in the late 90s and that style was everywhere at the time. It was like shards of glass in my eyes. Never went back. Only when I re-entered the hobby again 20 years later did I learn from comparisons he was one of the worst of the worst offenders to my eyes.

31 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

And who cares? Announcement was made, books are being sold , that’s the gist of it. The same as any other flash in the pan book that is posted on here.

I am surprised anyone cares anymore about characters getting introduced on the arrowverse shows, that's all. for the last few years stuff has happened and comic nerds didn't care much. but maybe this one has more significance as he isn't a one off villian, so I guess that matters. is flash ending soon?

On 3/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It looks like a barcode that they use for Direct Edition *comics*, but maybe not for books. There are a number of prestige format books that went to the newsstand with a direct edition-looking barcode. Maybe the DC version was direct and the Warner version was for newsstand/bookstores? Having quotes for the bookstore version makes sense, because your casual reader may not be familiar with it; they wouldn't be necessary on an edition sent only to comic shops.

I'm pretty sure this is correct as I got 1st print of both when they were new, the extreme closeup at WaldenBooks (as I recall), and the shattered window version at the comic shop. My retail 1st print looks at lot like yours, wear-wise, as I used to loan that one out. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I think I took better care of the direct market version.