• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Yes, the comic market wasn't that good during pandemic. Obviously things have turned the corner. haha.

You must have been in a different pandemic. My sales skyrocketed as soon as lockdowns started last March. 

Ditto this past year has been the best sales I have seen in 20 years selling by far.

8 hours ago, MrWeen said:

And Tynion would have to be a better writer.

Right now I would say he is getting there. Cates is overrated IMHO as he tends to end his arcs on a whimper, like Johns did at DC during his peak. Build up and then disappoint at the end. Tynion is building better from one arc to the next right now.

Edited by kimik

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

Right now I would say he is getting there. Cates is overrated IMHO as he tends to end his arcs on a whimper, like Johns did at DC during his peak. Build up and then disappoint at the end. Tynion is building better from one arc to the next right now.

I've always thought Cates overcomplicated everything, especially on Venom. 

Just now, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Agreed. And, with some stuff, it seems like he has 2 issues worth of material that he tries to stretch out over 5 to 6 issues. Hence the disappointment at the end.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Cates is suffering from being overworked honestly. It always happens
to new stud Marvel writers. The company burns them out. 

He’s writing what two marvel books? Thor and Venom along with king in black. The problem is Cates can’t write his way out of a wet paper bag. 

4 minutes ago, Corona smith said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Cates is suffering from being overworked honestly. It always happens
to new stud Marvel writers. The company burns them out. 

He’s writing what two marvel books? Thor and Venom along with king in black. The problem is Cates can’t write his way out of a wet paper bag. 

That's a ridiculously dumb statement.  He is better then most Marvel writers that only write one book a month. 
I dont care for some of his stories, but I will not deny the guy has talent. 

His Thanos storyline was fantastic. Redneck was great, The Knull storyline was great for a long time.
The guy can write he is just spread too thin. Writers cant write 3 stories or more a month and maintain quality IMO. 

30 minutes ago, kimik said:
32 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Agreed. And, with some stuff, it seems like he has 2 issues worth of material that he tries to stretch out over 5 to 6 issues. Hence the disappointment at the end.

Marvel has writers do that sometimes for trade sales I think.

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

He's got a few creator-owned books going on as well. 

Invincible 110 is challenging 44. 

Doesn't make as much sense to me, but I see where people are thinking. 

Curious if Kirkman has said whether this is even a potential of being in the show or not.   I kind of doubt it. 

I found so many 110s when it originally came out.  This was one of the few Invincibles that was actually hot as it came out. 

Patrick

33 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Invincible 110 is challenging 44. 

Doesn't make as much sense to me, but I see where people are thinking. 

Curious if Kirkman has said whether this is even a potential of being in the show or not.   I kind of doubt it. 

I found so many 110s when it originally came out.  This was one of the few Invincibles that was actually hot as it came out. 

Patrick

I definitely remember that also.

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

You must have been in a different pandemic. My sales skyrocketed as soon as lockdowns started last March. 

I thought it was slow in March, but picked up steam later?