• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

#2 as well

Secret Warriors 4 first Manifold back in the mix also.. I remember like 4-5 years ago when SW 2 was a semi hot book to buy for first Hive. It’s humorous to see a comic change from key first app to another first app 

Edited by littledoom

15 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133735650439?hash=item1f23441487:g:6R4AAOSwzFVgf3S-

So what is the rule here, when the last $2 copy of a book gets sold off of mycomicshop (like this one and the $2.10 copy of secret warriors 2 sold on 4/16), the book immediately jumps to $10-15?

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133735650439?hash=item1f23441487:g:6R4AAOSwzFVgf3S-

So what is the rule here, when the last $2 copy of a book gets sold off of mycomicshop (like this one and the $2.10 copy of secret warriors 2 sold on 4/16), the book immediately jumps to $10-15?

Not sure I understand what you’re getting at. I didn’t think it was in stock anywhere online. Last I looked last night at least. 

Just got back from my LCS and their copies were gone so figured I’d check out what they are going for in case anyone still had to make a trip. 

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Not sure I understand what you’re getting at. I didn’t think it was in stock anywhere online. Last I looked last night at least. 

Just got back from my LCS and their copies were gone so figured I’d check out what they are going for in case anyone still had to make a trip. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=unikorn+%231&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200

MYCS's $2 copy sold a some point on 4/20 and immediately after that the prices jumped, Before that it had been a $2-3 book. Did some announcement happen on 4/20?

It does seem that mycs effectively can set the general ceiling for a book, if they have it in stock. oddly enough, despite having a zillion comics, they are out of stock on a lot of stuff. possibly because they aren't interested in paying anything for run filler books they're going to list at a few bucks, even if they are out of stock. understandable.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=unikorn+%231&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200

MYCS's $2 copy sold a some point on 4/20 and immediately after that the prices jumped, Before that it had been a $2-3 book. Did some announcement happen on 4/20?

The book was released today, so whatever stock they had is what they ordered before FOC. 

It was announced back in August that it was being adapted as a movie. Similar situation to Shadecraft announcement being announced before FOC, but with much longer notice. 

Link

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

It was announced back in August that it was being adapted as a movie. Similar situation to Shadecraft announcement being announced before FOC, but with much longer notice. 

Link

and so it was still a $2-3 book for a long time afterward. what magically happened on 4/20?

1 minute ago, the blob said:

and so it was still a $2-3 book for a long time afterward. what magically happened on 4/20?

The book was released today is what happened. Cover price is $2

Edited by awakeintheashes

22 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

The book was released today is what happened. Cover price is $2

ahhh, ok, i see the sales from last week at $2-3 were pre-release. odd that mycs had a copy up so fast, do they normally put new releases up like that?

Just now, the blob said:

ahhh, ok, i see the sales from last week at $2-3 were pre-release. odd that mycs had a copy up so fast, do they normally put new releases up like that?

Yeah, they list new comics the night before I think. I haven’t purchased a new book from them in a while, though. 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Actually the later issues sell better as sets. The last arc storyline that ends it sells very well. I bought them all for $1 each last year and think I sold the set for like $80 and I would think more now. 

Sets worked better for me as well. A few weeks ago I listed several issues, started them all at $5, ran them for a week. The keys sold really well (especially the 110, as documented in this very thread!) but many of the filler issues didn't sell at all. So, I grouped them into lots, ran them again, and those did very well. I only had $1 a pop in all of them, so it was all gravy, but I was curious to see them sell better in sets vs not selling at all as singles.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

hmmm, worth giving up a good parking spot and burning $1.50 in gas to see if the shop has any?

Well, I guess it depends on what you'd consider "selling well" vs your investment. For instance, I had five or six issues that didn't move at $5 each, but sold as a set for $60-$70, and others that sold in groups of 2 for $15-$20. Not sure if I'd make a special trip, but I had been accumulating cheap copies for a couple of months at that point. So, $10-$20 sales aren't worth it to a lot of folks, but they're my bread and butter. Then again, I know you're a bargain box diver like me!

Just now, F For Fake said:

Well, I guess it depends on what you'd consider "selling well" vs your investment. For instance, I had five or six issues that didn't move at $5 each, but sold as a set for $60-$70, and others that sold in groups of 2 for $15-$20. Not sure if I'd make a special trip, but I had been accumulating cheap copies for a couple of months at that point. So, $10-$20 sales aren't worth it to a lot of folks, but they're my bread and butter. Then again, I know you're a bargain box diver like me!

I'm talking about this Unicorn book, which might have hit the rack today, but i have no idea if the shop i would be going to even ordered it. $2 to make what is likely a $9.99 sale... if i buy 5 of them I am taking a chance that the hype is temporary. at $1.99 shops might have ordered a few.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I'm talking about this Unicorn book, which might have hit the rack today, but i have no idea if the shop i would be going to even ordered it. $2 to make what is likely a $9.99 sale... if i buy 5 of them I am taking a chance that the hype is temporary. at $1.99 shops might have ordered a few.

Ah well, carry on then. No idea. I refuse to acknowledge this book until they learn how to spell.

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Correct, Print and DC’s subscription service only for now. Digital issues do not have codes. Won’t be in the Fortnite store until this summer. 

So if the Harley Skin is only exclusive until later on in June when it can be bought in the fortnite store, do you think issue 1 will maintain value/interest on secondary market beyond that date?

I got in on this pretty early, just hope my orders are fulfilled with eBay prices on fire right now. Figuring out if I should move my spare copies when I (hopefully) receive them or hold...or do both. 

2 minutes ago, Bare.min said:

So if the Harley Skin is only exclusive until later on in June when it can be bought in the fortnite store, do you think issue 1 will maintain value/interest on secondary market beyond that date?

I got in on this pretty early, just hope my orders are fulfilled with eBay prices on fire right now. Figuring out if I should move my spare copies when I (hopefully) receive them or hold...or do both. 

DC is pumping out 2nd prints and probably a 3rd, so not sure if demand will continue once those hit the street. 

10 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

DC is pumping out 2nd prints and probably a 3rd, so not sure if demand will continue once those hit the street. 

Ok yeah. Just checked and it looks like 2nd print 6th May and then a 3rd print on 1st June. Will these have same Harley skin as 1st print? Would be great if they had different exclusive game stuff but I doubt it 

edit - saw another listing stating 19th May for 3rd print. 

Also 6th May and 1st of Jun dates can’t be right, but whatever there’s a 2nd and 3rd incoming! 

Edited by Bare.min