• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,857 posts in this topic

I'm doing a show next weekend where Francavilla is the only guest there (small deal in Charleston, SC) so I picked up a few of these today to sell for people to get signed/get signed myself. OOPS! I didn't notice that 7 of the 20 were already signed. Apparently leftovers from an in-store signing and I left another 40+ on the shelf (not sure how many of the ones I left may have been signed).

blackbeetle.jpg

Edited by TAFKADixie

@TBP Well I am not picking my words carefully. I see no reason to tread on eggshells when nobody else seems to be.... :)

Anyway. On with the show. Was looking at the watchcount on The Sixth Gun and it's quite high.

Watch Count: 62 watchers

Bids: 8

"THE SIXTH GUN" Complete Vol. 1 (Issues 1-6) - First Run - PERFECT Condition

Current Bid/Price (USD): $ 106.00

Time Left: 2h 53m 20s

Yet it doesn't seem to feature in The Market http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com

???

I may be wrong but I didn't think that site picks up lots, only individual issues

It's because the seller did not include "NM" in the headline. The only time it blocks lots is when the word "lot" is used...At least that's how I understand it.

If you were going to try and stock up on Phil Coulson first appearances in the normal comtimuity, what would you grab? The Battle Scars 1 were "Cheese" debuts and is the first appearance of Marcus Johnson/Fury or Battle Scars 6 which reveals "Cheese" to be Phil Coulson? My LCS probably has 40 copies of #1 in their $1 box.

Why is the point of buying 2nd, 3rd printings of Saga and other comics with the same cover?

Just me being OCD. I used to collect basketball cards as well and I would hunt down crappy cards of bum players just to complete a set. Just how people love collecting first prints only, I like to collect second , third prints, etc.

If you were going to try and stock up on Phil Coulson first appearances in the normal comtimuity, what would you grab? The Battle Scars 1 were "Cheese" debuts and is the first appearance of Marcus Johnson/Fury or Battle Scars 6 which reveals "Cheese" to be Phil Coulson? My LCS probably has 40 copies of #1 in their $1 box.

I have heard there is an Iron Man comic also that has him in it, Agents of Shield. But I am not sure if it is in normal continuity.

sounds like Ultron with Avengers 54 and 55

I have heard there is an Iron Man comic also that has him in it, Agents of Shield. But I am not sure if it is in normal continuity.

This has been covered before:

First Agent Coulson: Iron Man Agents of Shield 2 ( out of continuity but like HQ in Batman Adv 12 it is his first comic appearance )

First in continuity appearance: Battle Scars 1, he is named in issue 6.

Marcus Johnson's first appearance is NOT in Battle Scars 1. He appears first in issue 7 of Fear Itself in the Epilogue. Fear itself was god awful but issue 7 does have a really sick variant!

Edited by MrWeen

I'd buy every single copy, if its only a dollar.

It's the one to own, the people that push 6 have it wrong. Also, neither will ever be a HUGE winner, but it will certainly go above cover, and you are buying them way under.

Edit:

I have the other comic being mentioned here too. It's not just out of continuity, its an alternate universe coulson. BS 1 is the one to own.

Edited by CBT

I'd buy every single copy, if its only a dollar.

It's the one to own, the people that push 6 have it wrong. Also, neither will ever be a HUGE winner, but it will certainly go above cover, and you are buying them way under.

Edit:

I have the other comic being mentioned here too. It's not just out of continuity, its an alternate universe coulson. BS 1 is the one to own.

Couldn't disagree more. It's him. It's not a cameo, he's not in shadows. That's a first appearance if I have ever heard of one. I bet the print run on Agents of Shied is a lot lower than Battle Scars too.

I believe it's an adaptation connected to Marvel films somehow. Please explain to me how that is different from Batman Adv 12 which was based on an out of continuity TV cartoon.

Edited by MrWeen

Couldn't disagree more. It's him. It's not a cameo, he's not in shadows. He's right there before your eyes. That's a first appearance if I have ever heard of one. I bet the print run on Agents of Shied is a lot lower than Battle Scars too.

I believe it's an adaptation connected to Marvel films somehow. Please explain to me how that is different from Batman Adv 12 which was based on an out of continuity TV cartoon.

ok, first, I have every book we are talking aobut here, including BA 12, so i am not hating on anything.

Harley was created in the cartoon first, before being brought into the DCU. So, the BA12 is the true 1st appearance of the actual character in question.

That is different then Agent of Shield which is a different version of the same character. The only reasons its even brought up at all, is because chronologically, the other coulson was printed first. First Ultimate Spider-man, even if it were printed first, could not supplant 1st actual Spider-man.

BUT, if Ultimate Spider-man was then created in the main Marvel Universe, (like harley who came from the cartoon), then the alternate continuity could claim to be his first appearance.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phil_Coulson

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phillip_Coulson_%28Earth-616%29

Marvel Wiki has it right, the coulson that matters, the real comic coulson, is BS#1

Couldn't disagree more. It's him. It's not a cameo, he's not in shadows. He's right there before your eyes. That's a first appearance if I have ever heard of one. I bet the print run on Agents of Shied is a lot lower than Battle Scars too.

ok, first, I have every book we are talking about here, including BA 12, so i am not hating on anything.

Harley was created in the cartoon first, before being brought into the DCU. So, the BA12 is the true 1st appearance of the actual character in question.

That is different then Agent of Shield which is a different version of the same character. The only reasons its even brought up at all, is because chronologically, the other coulson was printed first. First Ultimate Spider-man, even if it were printed first, could not supplant 1st actual Spider-man.

BUT, if Ultimate Spider-man was then created in the main Marvel Universe, (like harley who came from the cartoon), then the alternate continuity could claim to be his first appearance.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phil_Coulson

http://marvel.wikia.com/Phillip_Coulson_%28Earth-616%29

Marvel Wiki has it right, the coulson that matters, the real comic coulson, is BS#1

I don't know jack about Marvel Wiki but is that maintained by Marvel or by people like you and me cause that makes a HUGE difference?

If Ultimate Spider-Man were created first then that character would be Spider-man and the Amazing Spider-Man would be a different version of the Ultimate SM.

I have yet to read Agents of Shield but I still don't understand your argument. Coulson, like HQ was created outside continuity and appeared in a different media format prior to appearing in print. The only difference between the two is that Marvel films are live action and the Batman series was a cartoon. I have stated this many time and it's cool to argue but in this case the character is drawn and named in Agents of Shield well before Battle Scars. I just don't see how you can argue that.

I have yet to read Agents of Shield but I still don't understand your argument. Coulson, like HQ was created outside continuity and appeared in a different media format prior to appearing in print.

Harley was made up in the cartoon, and a comic OF that cartoon, holds her first appearance.

Coulson was made up in the movie, and Marvel created several different versions of him in comics. The one people currently care about, and will continue to care about, is the one who's first appearance is BS #1.

Edited by CBT

I have yet to read Agents of Shield but I still don't understand your argument. Coulson, like HQ was created outside continuity and appeared in a different media format prior to appearing in print.

Harley was made up in the cartoon, and a comic OF that cartoon, holds her first appearance.

Coulson was made up in the movie, and Marvel created several different versions of him in comics. The one people currently care about, and will continue to care about, is the one who's first appearance is BS #1.

Again I disagree, The characters people really love is actually the movie version! Without the films no one give a about Cheese.

ultimately the market will decide, i have BS 1s, BS 6s, and IMAoSs, so i am not biased to "the one i own" or anything like that

the market, marvel wiki, and me, all currently side with BS1

For those wondering, these are the two books we are talking about.

coulson.JPG

Edited by CBT

Ween, don't you collect Preview magazines because they are TRUE 1st appearances also?

In certain instances yes that is true. It depends on a lot of factors but I generally believe that when a character appears in print for the first time, regardless of where then it is their FIRST printed appearance. I have seen people get really stubborn over this. Maybe I would too if I hoarded copies of Battle Scars 1 only to realize later that I was wrong and my investment might be at stake. But quoting Wiki links and making erroneous comparisons cannot be allowed to stand! Just kidding. I remember when people thought HQ's first appearance was in another book. For a very long time I wondered why people weren't scooping up every Batman Adv 12. I have learned that it takes time for people to accept the truth but in the end and especially in this case Coulson appears fully in Agents of Shield 2.