• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Was it really that bad? Gonna see it tomorrow.

of course not, which is why it was the second largest opening in history, after only the Avengers.

The way that the Mandarin is in the movie is unexpected, but nothing about it precludes the Mandarin of the comics appearing in the future in the Marvel Universe (though why that would ever occur, could be questioned). What was in the movie could certainly have been inspired by something real.

You should watch out as people are dropping mad spoilers here.

So, are extremis and the Manadarin matched to the comics? no. Does that make it a bad movie, no. Nothing in the movies is the same as the comics, which is why it has its own Universe designation number from Marvel.

The movie is excellently written, acted, and executed, if you liked the others, you will like this one.

Does any of this have ANY bearing on Movie related comic prices on Ebay. Of course not. The movie was the second biggest opening in history, which is what matters to speculators.

But that being said, anyone reading this thread should have learned long ago, all comics that see a bump from movies, subsequently drop after the movie. You sell into the launch, you dont hold after. That's regardless of ANY success or failure.

If the character permanently becomes more well known to the public (like ironman, or as Marvel hopes, Guardians and Antman), then the prices bumps will hold long term.

If its a villain that is killed and then irrelevant (Bane, Thanos, Dark Elves, etc etc etc etc), Sell the launch, and if you really want the books back, buy the dip once it comes.

Iron Man 3 sucked so bad it was a complete vacuum.

:o

Sorry bro, I forgot to say IMO. It's just the opinion of one man.... :)

I am still psyched to see it. My inner fanboy can conquer any scripting, acting, or execution problems.

I am still psyched to see it. My inner fanboy can conquer any scripting, acting, or execution problems.

:roflmao:

that's very funny, but not so clever, make it more subtle

Edited by CBT

You will like it. I know there are some things that could have been done better, but seeing the Mark 42 (and all his brothers) made me giddy.

You will like it. I know there are some things that could have been done better, but seeing the Mark 42 (and all his brothers) made me giddy.

he picked the words I used in describing the movie as factually good, and inverted them into yet unknown things to be decided.

I love you too shawn :grin: The universe is objective though, and the acting, moviescript, and execution are good, regardless of my saying it or not ;)

Edited by CBT

of course not, which is why it was the second largest opening in history, after only the Avengers.

It wasn't a bad movie, I agree. It was different, but well made.

However, I don't think I'd make the argument that since it sold a lot of tickets to people who (obviously) had not seen it yet equates to it being a good film on those grounds alone.

It did suffer from what several super hero movie sequels have, however.

However, I don't think I'd make the argument that since it sold a lot of tickets to people who (obviously) had not seen it yet equates to a good film on those grounds alone.

agreed, but an opening is more than one day. Bad word of mouth, bad reviews, bad press, will derail a movie and stop it from having such a huge opening. To open that big, there has to be some merit to the movie. Green Lantern comes to mind.

However, I don't think I'd make the argument that since it sold a lot of tickets to people who (obviously) had not seen it yet equates to a good film on those grounds alone.

agreed, but an opening is more than one day. Bad word of mouth, bad reviews, bad press, will derail a movie and stop it from having such a huge opening. To open that big, there has to be some merit to the movie. Green Lantern comes to mind.

EEEk....The Lantern That Shall Not Be Named!

The Spirit too. nauseating.

Iron Man was a fun film, as a comic fan I just have to let it exist on its own away from the universe we've all been a fan of.

he picked the words I used in describing the movie as factually good, and inverted them into yet unknown things to be decided.

I love you too shawn :grin: The universe is objective though, and the acting, moviescript, and execution are good, regardless of my saying it or not ;)

I did not do it consciously. But it's way too much of a coincidence to be anything other than me remembering the phrasing and subconsciously regurgitating it. The fact that you even thought it was intentional is disturbing, though it is in conformance with past bad behavior on my part, so I can't fault you there.

CBT is cool with me!

Until he acts like a , or I do, and then I am back on Ignore.