• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,851 posts in this topic

Jeez, am I the only one here who has a girlfriend? haha
l

I wish I had a girlfriend.

A) my wife wouldn't like that too much

B) wait till you are married, you will beg for the time to play video games.

So your wife wears the pants?

It's your marriage too bro.

l

No one wears pants. That's why there is no time. :o

l

I wear the pants in my relationship, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be upset if I had another girlfriend. I do, but I just don't tell her about it.

l

I wear the pants in my relationship, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be upset if I had another girlfriend. I do, but I just don't tell her about it.

my wife just knows how to nag. she is an expert. people say, grow balls, but i dont really feel like "chris brown-ing" her.

im selling the last of us # 1 variant and its got 3 watchers and no bids with 4 days left.. we shall see..

The game is awesome regardless of the comic values. (thumbs u

definitly, im on my fourth playthrough, attempting the platinum.. almost there.. i just gotta do the trivial trophies and one online.. such a great game i dont even mind playing through again.. the intro is one of the best ive seen in a long time.. as for the gf thing.. my gf loves watching me play games for some reaosn, she says its cuz she cant play them so she lives vicariously through me. lol plus the story is awesome..

My wife isn't really into games, but she'll play some with me, like Little Big Planet, Double Dragon Neon, Muppet Cruise Party, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, etc. Anything not too complicated and two player.

She'll also help point things out when I'm playing Metal Gear. (had a lot of fun helping me find The End in #3).

The game focuses on the story vs. silent hill/resident evil. Instakill is nice, When you stab them in the neck, they die. The action is much slower pace which is a nice relief. It will be a movie or TV series because it is that good.

??? Resident Evil had SO much story. Then 5 sort of got away from that.

Then that monstrosity of an abomination #6 came out. Awful AWFUL game.

And Silent Hill was big on story (when you could understand it).

Edited by Dukes40

l

It's not even that, I find. Like, I'm allowed to play video games, obviously, and I do. But so much other mess gets in the way.

8 hour work day, 1.5 hours total commute time, chores around the house, groceries, spend time together, visit her family, visit my family, rugby three times a week, friends here and there, read comics (when I can find the time), try to squeeze in a workout here and there in the winter, try to keep up on shows/movies, etc etc etc.

"O, I play golf on the weekends.......But I HATE golf."

l

No one wears pants. That's why there is no time. :o

Basketball shorts all the way!!

I missed the boat on the Last of Us comic, to bad cause it was a good digital read. With all the hype over the game and comics i did manage to convince Gamestop to give me one of these tho!

KGrHqJHJFcFGmRbhBBR45gRDg60_12_zpsd0a04528.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

I missed the boat on the Last of Us comic, to bad cause it was a good digital read. With all the hype over the game and comics i did manage to convince Gamestop to give me one of these tho!

KGrHqJHJFcFGmRbhBBR45gRDg60_12_zpsd0a04528.jpg

Naughty Dog actually make it quite easy for people to contact them you should ask to see if you can send it to them for signing with a return pre-paid. I have done this with Valve for games I and my brothers are fans of with success.

:P

Just offloaded my first lot of #1's and have a stack of #2's to get through now....

Now just to be clear, this book originally sold at $1.95 and some time back in the 90's was a $200+ book but than feel back down to earth after the comic explosion and was $1 bin feeder food. I found this recent auction most interesting. Hopefully the Valiant community can tell me what I missed. :whistle::shy:

Harbinger #1 @ $30 & 4 bids.

Now just to be clear, this book originally sold at $1.95 and some time back in the 90's was a $200+ book but than feel back down to earth after the comic explosion and was $1 bin feeder food. I found this recent auction most interesting. Hopefully the Valiant community can tell me what I missed. :whistle::shy:

Harbinger #1 @ $30 & 4 bids.

Harbinger #1 was never in the $1 bin. Harbinger #15 - #30 have been dollar bin books... but not the early ones*.

*There is a coupon that should be inside #1 through #6. If it's cut out, the books lose MOST of the value.

When sellers don't mention the coupon, buyers don't know what to bid... it's a gamble.

Valiant 1993-1994 common issues have been in the $1 bin, but Harbinger #1 (January 1992) never fell below about $10... even when Valiant was dead for 10 years.

With Valiant's return to publishing, some of the key early books are getting a little more attention.

The last few sales of Harbinger #1 on Ebay have been $50... with a few at $70.

My guess is that people think they're getting 9.6 and 9.8 when they buy these raw.

It's more likely they're getting 9.0.

What's funny is that this auction SAYS the book is raw 9.0.

It should be around $15, if that's the case. $30 is double the standard market price for VF/NM.