• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,860 posts in this topic

Wow on that What If?

I had no idea those went for that much.

That particular What If? reprinted material that appeared in four other What if one shots, which resulted in a very low print run. Also Deapool + Venom? Hottest thing since microwaves.

Not I. And I've made plenty of orders way over 8 books.

A. They don't seal the bags-books fly around and just damage themselves on whatever they are slamming up against that is used for "padding". We all know books have to be sandwiched tight to avoid this. Midtown does not.

B. They mail off what looks like the warehouse reader copies as a NM. True story, they sent me a comic that had about 12 finger dents on the F/BC from obvious mishandling while reading the book. Add about 5 nasty spine stresses and the book was no better than about a 7.0.

C. They don't even check for obvious printing defects on a book. Another book I ordered from them had the whole BC just totally covered in ink scrapes/loss. An easy QC check to pull it from the NM stock-it was plain as day on an all black cover.

I'm done with Midtown, and TFAW for the same reasons.

My first couple experiences with Midtown were fine, with less than 8 books, but my last order was over 8 books and comprised multiples of some EoW 2nd printings I planned on slabbing. They listed them as NM and they were not when they arrived... :pullhair::sorry:

Oddly enough the 4 issue set the Venompool story ran in originally doesn't go for much at all, maybe $10 tops.

This one-shot is all over the place price-wise the last month. Up to $100, down to $60, back near $100

I read Devil's Hopyard last night and while I liked the story a lot, I'm not 100% sold on the art because its really dark. Some people may love it. Who knows ?

I was surprised at the prices the book is bringing on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=devil%27s+hopyard

I don't know if enough people got to read it to leave a lasting impression but there is obviously demand at the moment.

I read Devil's Hopyard last night and while I liked the story a lot, I'm not 100% sold on the art because its really dark. Some people may love it. Who knows ?

I was surprised at the prices the book is bringing on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=devil%27s+hopyard

I don't know if enough people got to read it to leave a lasting impression but there is obviously demand at the moment.

And the funny thing is it is actually a reprint book.

Yeah, I sold one of those What If Venom/Deadpool books about 2 years ago for $30 on the boards here. I still have my "waiting to be graded" copy in the boxes. Wish I still had the other one too now though.

Needed the money then though so......

Wow, and that copy of the book has obvious dirt or something on the cover. The cover is supposed to be stark white. Buyer got jacked.

Edit: Looked at my copy and it has those darker areas as part of the art. I was feeling bad for the buyer for a minute. :P

Edited by gradejunky

I don't know but it might. It was Devils Hopyard first produced by a company named Markosia. Good luck. I hope it goes nuts for you. (thumbs u

Just checked ebay and all the copies of Scatterbrain have been summarily scooped up. Not one current listing for it now. Does anyone besides that guy know it is the original material??

I don't know but it might. It was Devils Hopyard first produced by a company named Markosia. Good luck. I hope it goes nuts for you. (thumbs u

Just checked ebay and all the copies of Scatterbrain have been summarily scooped up. Not one current listing for it now. Does anyone besides that guy know it is the original material??

lol

I'll bet they do now.