• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sports illustrated 1 cgc 9.8 white pages on ebay 2 day price slash! ends Sunday

18 posts in this topic

I'm tellin' ya.... while SI # 1 is super cool (don't get me wrong) there are a TON of high grade issues out there from a warehouse find some years ago.

Similar to THe THING (pre-code horror comic) # 16.

HOwever, there are probably not a ton of 9.8's. Probably a TON of 9.0+ though.

From what I know of , there are 4 highest graded copies from all that are out there. I might call cgc and ask them as soon as I have it in hand.

Wasnt sur how to list it on ebay so i chose sports memorabilia mags , shouldnt that be good enough?

Where did you find it ?

Thanks,

Jim.

I guess you don't want to say where you got it ??

Well lets just say it was a nice catch from summer time. I risked it and the grade paid off.

I would say that it would be to your benefit to list it in BOOK>MAGAZINES because it will be exposed to MANY more people.

Reason I asked about where you acquired it is that I remember them selling NM copies from the STASH that was uncovered, on Home Shopping Network.

I'm foggy about how long ago this was, but I'd guess early to mid 90's.

They were selling copies in a nice little hardcover slip-case or fold-out or something. They were cranking them out for , if I remember, about $150.00.

When you bought your copy RAW, did it have a slipcase or was it just in a regular bag and board situation, or what ?

Just Curions.

It's cool to see you having got a good deal. I personally live for that sort of a thing.

GOOD LUCK...HOpe somebody offers 2K+ , that would be nice.

just listed a 2 day sale price. over 1k less than the other copy on ebay. after that not sure if I will relist. Im not going to sell it super dirt cheap. But when it comes to pricing, I think this is pretty low.

I don't know about this seller, but there were a couple other high grade SI #1 that came from that find.

I don't remember the price, but I bought two from HSN. they came with a COA and in a protective binder. I posted scans of the entire thing here years ago.