• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions & International Shipping

18 posts in this topic

I have just bought a dozen books from Heritage and have ended up paying about $125.00 to ship them to Australia. doh!

They generally haven't replied to my enquiries and when they do they don't really give any useful information.

It's a big bummer because I'd like to keep buying there but with shipping rates like that a good deal can become a lousy one pretty quickly.

Any one else tried to ship internationally with them?

i believe heritage only use Fedex international courier service to ship the items out.

i can understand why too. fedex is the ONLY trusted international postage choice.

fedex isnt cheap, but its the best.

just another cost to take into consideration when buying from heritage.

an alternate solution is to have a buddy in the USA that will accept the items from heritage then ship them to you in Australia via a cheaper postage method like USPS... Hi Rick :hi:

(thumbs u

Hello

A buddy would be nice to be sure but at present I don't really have one. (shrug)

TBH though, I don't know why they don't offer cheaper shipping on lower value items. They could easily dictate terms and make the choice at the buyer's risk.

On their Ebay auction they charged me $12.00 to ship one comic.

Rick,

On occasion, we buy from Heritage. And if you want, I'll be that buddy and will ship items to you no problem.

My wife also has family in Australia..not that THAT matters just an FYI :)

:applause:

Rick,

On occasion, we buy from Heritage. And if you want, I'll be that buddy and will ship items to you no problem.

My wife also has family in Australia..not that THAT matters just an FYI :)

ooh thank you

(worship)

maybe their default service is fedex.

next time, call them first to negotiate for shipping method/costs before you pay the invoice.

that way you get to talk to someone then and there.

I probably should have done that, in hindsight. Perhaps they might have been a bit more communicative on a telephone.

i believe heritage only use Fedex international courier service to ship the items out.

i can understand why too. fedex is the ONLY trusted international postage choice.

fedex isnt cheap, but its the best.

just another cost to take into consideration when buying from heritage.

an alternate solution is to have a buddy in the USA that will accept the items from heritage then ship them to you in Australia via a cheaper postage method like USPS... Hi Rick :hi:

(thumbs u

This is correct. It really does force international buyers to buy only big ticket books, otherwise the shipping eats you up.

Hello

A buddy would be nice to be sure but at present I don't really have one. (shrug)

TBH though, I don't know why they don't offer cheaper shipping on lower value items. They could easily dictate terms and make the choice at the buyer's risk.

On their Ebay auction they charged me $12.00 to ship one comic.

One thing you can do is ask Heritage to hold books from different auctions for you so you can combine them and save on shipping. I do this and it definitely helps, although of course at the end of the day it's still never cheap.

I have just bought a dozen books from Heritage and have ended up paying about $125.00 to ship them to Australia. doh!

They generally haven't replied to my enquiries and when they do they don't really give any useful information.

It's a big bummer because I'd like to keep buying there but with shipping rates like that a good deal can become a lousy one pretty quickly.

Any one else tried to ship internationally with them?

Ya their replies are far from great. On several occasions I have asked about shipping to Canada and given no helpful information. Like several boardies have mentioned its prob cheaper to get a nice one of them to ship for you :). I would give them more business if they were more inclined to respond to emails asking about shipping prices/options.

Dont bother it mate, Heritage Auction charged about $83 for shipping one CGC comic to Australia.

Their competitors auction site charge as low as $45 to courier the slabs to the Pacific.

I like Heritage Comics website and their information available, but their heavy international charges are deterring international folks off.

FedEx sent a note around to a few of us here last year indicating that they were switching to UPS for international shipments unless we notified them otherwise. I requested to stick with FedEx for the simple reason that UPS charges and egregious brokerage/handling fee. I believe it was $79.95 or $99.95 or something like that.

This was on top of customs charges if they decided to cut open the box.

That being said, I typically have multiple single big books and auction lots held to ship out together once it hits 50+ books in total. That way the shipping charge is spread out over enough items that it does not hurt as much.

I'm from the uk , mainly buying the odd big item comic . Thats how l collect.

Heritage was the first online auction house l used and l must say their shipping prices are horrendous. If your looking for a bargain, forget it .

I used to buy several big items and them ship them over to save on money but when you do that that customs are guaranteed to pick it up with such a large order. So shipping price then customs charging an extra of 25% .. NOW THAT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE.

There is no way around this really. Just stop using them and make connections with boardies here. Thats why this forum is my main method of buying now.

Regards,

Wong

Dont bother it mate, Heritage Auction charged about $83 for shipping one CGC comic to Australia.

Their competitors auction site charge as low as $45 to courier the slabs to the Pacific.

I like Heritage Comics website and their information available, but their heavy international charges are deterring international folks off.

I was hit with that price last time

It was only a couple years ago the raw books were being shipped for $30 and the slabs at around $60 mark by fed -Ex

I was surprised to see another carrier ship my books last time