• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With CGG....When It Rains It Pours....

227 posts in this topic

I know....I know....

But I wanted to check CGG service for myself anyway. After a couple of screw-ups, I finally get my comics back and three out of five have this CGG error....

tomb17.jpg

I guess I could try to call them variants? 893frustrated.gif

Jim

Oh, that's just nasty. For the same reason as you, just to try them out, I submitted a couple of books too. Can't wait to see what label will be on mine. Maybe I'll get your label and we can trade? 27_laughing.gif

thats bad! you should be able to get your money back, have it re-done and a free extra submission! foreheadslap.gif

I've already told them I'm not sending them back. I had to wait a month just to get them back in the first place despite paying for 7-day service.

I asked for some money back but the only thing they offered was free reslabbing and a discount on my next submission. I tried to get a clarification and made clear I didn't want to send the comics back but received zero reply to my e-mail. 893frustrated.gif

Jim

Oh, that's just nasty. For the same reason as you, just to try them out, I submitted a couple of books too. Can't wait to see what label will be on mine. Maybe I'll get your label and we can trade? 27_laughing.gif

Maybe you'll get ASM 1 on your label? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've already told them I'm not sending them back. I had to wait a month just to get them back in the first place despite paying for 7-day service.

I asked for some money back but the only thing they offered was free reslabbing and a discount on my next submission. I tried to get a clarification and made clear I didn't want to send the comics back but received zero reply to my e-mail. 893frustrated.gif

Jim

mad.gif

Nah...my plan from the start was to break the slabs anyway and resubmit them to CGC...

Jim

What did I grade the Strange Adventures? confused-smiley-013.gif

So why did you send them to CGG in the first place? Were they restored? confused.gif

No...I was curious to see and compare the two services and write about it on my website.

Jim

Nah...my plan from the start was to break the slabs anyway and resubmit them to CGC...

Jim

What did I grade the Strange Adventures? confused-smiley-013.gif

NM+ mad.gif

27_laughing.gif Actually I think you said they were VF/NM.....

Jim

Sorry Daniel and CGG, I am DONE with you!!!!

As many of you guys know, in the past I was an avid CGG defender and stuck up for them as I thought they were being prosecuted unfairly. About a month ago I received two identical comics back from CGG but one had a very identifiable flaw that was noted on the label. Problem is, the label notating the flaw was on the book WITHOUT the flaw, and vice versa. So I called them, sent them back and they corrected the situation for free and told me that I would get two free subs to make up for the problem and hassle (sending books back, paying for postage, etc.). Daniel wrote me in an e-mail telling me that this was an isolated incident and that this would never happen again. I was satisfied and compensated.

So now this, which happened AFTER my label switch up. Sorry CGG guys, if you are reading this, I was an avid supporter of you guys but apparently you have not gotten these things worked out. This, along with the perception that your inner wells are made of PVC (whether it truly affects the comics or not - the perception at least is that it does) has led me to believe that I am better off without your cheaper and faster services and I am now going to stick exclusively with CGC. I'll just have to deal with their ridiculous turnaround times, but that's just what I'll have to do from now on.

I have just ripped up my CGG order forms and I am all yours now CGC, exclusively. The CGG books I still own are being sold and I will slab no others through CGG. --------Sid

I distinctly remember someone trying to sell a book on eBay as "rare" because of a similar CGC labeling error (actually posted here if I'm not mistaken). So, spin it and sell it for more money insane.gif

In fact, I have a CGC book with an incorrect top label that I need reholdered...

I may need to make adjustments in the countdown to accelerate the timeframe foreheadslap.gif

Jim

So why did you send them to CGG in the first place? Were they restored? confused.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Seriously though, why is anyone still using CGG ? If they are missing even the most basic of quality control procedures, what else must they be missing ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif