• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck admits winning his own auction...

12 posts in this topic

Well some of us were suspicious... and now Chuck all but admits to it....

He is of probably talking about the Thor 156 CGC 10.0 we all had a little side-bet on, last week.

Yes it is for a good cause and all, but didn't Chuck put up the book for sale ?

The weird thing is that Chuck used two ebay IDs to win...

Winner: btblack56

Second: captainwoodchuck

Why ? I can understand him creating a second account so people don't know it's him, but then why bid on it with his better known ebay alias (captainwoodchuck) and then talk about it on his website ??

Anyway, see what you make of it...

Chuck's words

I just read his article and I believe that he is actually referring to the auction for Jim Lee to appear at your store to perform a signing. So..the mystery may not be solved..yet! wink.gif

Um yeah I'd say he won it alright. Boy as if I didn't have enough for Mile High comics before, this whole article is like, "I won my own comic you should be ashamed of yourselves," guilt trip.

Have a good week,

Ericc123

I read that article the other day as well, and I have to agree with Greggy. The auction he was refering to was an auction to have Jim Lee come to your store for an all-day signing. Jim Lee is, I think the article states, one of the largest supporters of the Comic Book Defense Fund. The money from the auction went to this organization.

I think that the Thor mystery is still "unsolved". But, I think we all know the truth.

Chris

He wasn't admitting to winning the Thor book, but the auction to have Jim Lee appear for a signing. And even if he won the Thor book, who cares? It was for a good cause, and he basically stated he was not going to let it sell for under $5,000.

I agree with you if the winner with the zero feedback was not a shill. Chuck is only going to get 1 tax deduction for donating the book. If he chooses to ensure that it sells for at least $5,000, that's his perogative. I think that it might have been a problem if he kept bidding someone up. There are bigger things to worry about rather than a charity auction! mad.gif

Correct me if im wrong..it's bidding on your own items wrong? doesn't eBay suspend people for that? But yet chucky (Hiddie-Ho!) admits doing this? He was offered 5K at the Comic-Con in san diego about 1-2 years ago or so,and he turned it down..he should have taken it.So now that chuck won his own book,Does he write a check to CBLDF for 5K and still keep the book to resell? confused.gif Kevin

Well, it's not his book if he donated it to the CBLDF. Also, everyone is assuming that the winner of the book is him. It could be a newbie or some established collector setting up a new account to bid on this book. Who knows. Even if it is him, it's no different if he just donated the $5000 directly and had kept the book. No big deal! tongue.gif