• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Robins Batman Covers SOLD on eBay (DK's collection)

93 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #31 CGC 4.0 SOLD for $26,000

Does this mean Tec 31 is back on top, and the tie is broken?

A 31 4.0 beating out a 29 4.5 by $5,900 is huge!!!

But the only thing (and i hope i dont offend DK) the 4.5 didnt really look as good as the 4.0 31. For some reason the 4.5 didnt look like a 4.5 again im not trying to be mean just the way i saw it :foryou:

Robin,

I would not disagree with this comment. hm

Hahahahaha i want you to call me that from now on. I might even change my name. BTW what time you want to go fight crime tonight?

For a crimefighter, you seem like quite the security risk. hm

Why cause i always get caught and tied up???All part of the plan my friend

No, because you're outlining your plans on the internet. Just saying. ;)

Matt, do you still have that #29?

Detective Comics #29 CGC 4.5 SOLD for $20,100

I thought the Tec 29 would hit 28k+. I once owned a 3.5 copy and miss it dearly. I think whoever got this 4.5 copy for 20k+ should be frickin' tickled pink! By far the absolute BEST pre-Robin Bat Tec to own IMHO. Sorry, I'd take "29" over "27" if values/based on grade were equal. The Tec 29 is just beyond special!!!

But the only thing (and i hope i dont offend DK) the 4.5 didnt really look as good as the 4.0 31. For some reason the 4.5 didnt look like a 4.5 again im not trying to be mean just the way i saw it :foryou:

Robin,

Hahahahaha i want you to call me that from now on. I might even change my name. BTW what time you want to go fight crime tonight?

Hmmmm good point so maybe thats is why i always get caught Batman lied to me. Yes i still have the 29 you still got the 35?

Robin,

I'm thinking like Mid-night but keep it on the lowdown, gotta get my back scratched by the cat at 10.

Aren't you "planting" something with poison ivy tonight? hm

( lol I think so too, that would be awesome if you did! Robin or Ro-bin. :grin:)

Or destroyer of Detective comics ok ok im done sorry everyone.

Detective Comics #29 CGC 4.5 SOLD for $20,100

I thought the Tec 29 would hit 28k+. I once owned a 3.5 copy and miss it dearly. I think whoever got this 4.5 copy for 20k+ should be frickin' tickled pink! By far the absolute BEST pre-Robin Bat Tec to own IMHO. Sorry, I'd take "29" over "27" if values/based on grade were equal. The Tec 29 is just beyond special!!!

I feel the same way 29 then 35 if value wasnt a issue

Robin,

Hmmmm good point so maybe thats is why i always get caught Batman lied to me. Yes i still have the 29 you still got the 35?

Dude, that is too awesome that you have a #29. I doubt I'll have one in this lifetime.

Yep, got the #35 and it's not going anywhere. (thumbs u

Robin,

I'm thinking like Mid-night but keep it on the lowdown, gotta get my back scratched by the cat at 10.

Aren't you "planting" something with poison ivy tonight? hm

( lol I think so too, that would be awesome if you did! Robin or Ro-bin. :grin:)

Or destroyer of Detective comics ok ok im done sorry everyone.

Or the Pyro-Man of the Pre-Robins :sumo:

yup, the only one I went strong after was the TEC 35, the best looking book of the bunch. Congrat to the winner, I was the underbidder. (thumbs u

Aw, sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm sure there's a #35 out there with your name on it.

Any idea why this one was just a 4.0? Spine split, back cover damage?

Spine splits at the top and bottom of the book. Other than that, the book is gorgeous!

i was very tempted to bid on the #37...

I thought it went for a good price...

That was a dang steal! :o

But with all the other Pre-Robins, especially the close 36 ending tonight, I believe that's what hurt it. And the one on clink coming up as well.

That 4.0 is a 5K+ book easy.

Dude, that is too awesome that you have a #29. I doubt I'll have one in this lifetime.

Yep, got the #35 and it's not going anywhere. (thumbs u

Honestly thats the same way i feel about a 35

yup, the only one I went strong after was the TEC 35, the best looking book of the bunch. Congrat to the winner, I was the underbidder. (thumbs u

Good show!! (worship)

And there's another chance (different book and has cream to white page though) coming up on Clink: :headbang:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_910489&id=910489

Good show!! (worship)

And there's another chance (different book and has cream to white page though) coming up on Clink: :headbang:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_910489&id=910489

Doesn't even compare to the 4.0 I had :P

Upset that the 29 and 37 didn't do so well.. Oh well, you can't win em all and that's a risk you take in auctions

I still think overall you blew it out on them!!! (worship)

Thanks for the show! :cool: Insanely amazing books one and all.

Good show!! (worship)

Doesn't even compare to the 4.0 I had :P

Your 35 was most impressive, perhaps one of the nicest 4.0's ever seen out there period.

Was very clean and the colors popped. :cloud9:

Pointfive congrats on nabbing a spectacular #35. When you hold it up iun your hands, let us know what you think

I think we crossed wires. I wasn't the winner of your copy... unfortunately! Mine is restored and I bought it last year.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4143462&fpart=1

Pointfive congrats on nabbing a spectacular #35. When you hold it up iun your hands, let us know what you think

I think we crossed wires. I wasn't the winner of your copy... unfortunately! Mine is restored and I bought it last year.

Oops I guess I must've read it wrong lol