• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Robins Batman Covers SOLD on eBay (DK's collection)

93 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #31 CGC 4.0 SOLD for $26,000

Does this mean Tec 31 is back on top, and the tie is broken?

A 31 4.0 beating out a 29 4.5 by $5,900 is huge!!!

I agree! For now TEC31 has surpassed TEC29...I love them both. :cloud9:

Love, love, love 31. :whee:

No as stated above even though the grades were close the eye appeal was not. 29 is a lot rarer with only 37 total copies graded verus 58 31's. Also I am pretty sure my 29 is in the population twice so it should be 36 vs 58.

I still prefer 29, 1st major villian awesome cover. I do love 31 as well.

I am a 28, 28, 31, 35 guy. I think 35 is a bit over rated but the cover has really grown on me a lot :-D

James G

When it starts giving 29 a run for its money, on the off occasion, like in this auction I agree.

But overall I think its just right FMV wise, at about 60-70% of Tec 31/29. (Arguably) The second best cover of the 29-37 run. And the splash is epic. :cloud9:

It's my second favorite book of the run. Though I value the 29 higher, and the importance of 33 higher.

No as stated above even though the grades were close the eye appeal was not. 29 is a lot rarer with only 37 total copies graded verus 58 31's. Also I am pretty sure my 29 is in the population twice so it should be 36 vs 58.

I still prefer 29, 1st major villian awesome cover. I do love 31 as well.

I am a 28, 28, 31, 35 guy. I think 35 is a bit over rated but the cover has really grown on me a lot :-D

James G

When it starts giving 29 a run for its money, on the off occasion, like in this auction I agree.

But overall I think its just right FMV wise, at about 60-70% of Tec 31/29. (Arguably) The second best cover of the 29-37 run. And the splash is epic. :cloud9:

It's my second favorite book of the run. Though I value the 29 higher, and the importance of 33 higher.

If I recall the 5.0 TEC 35 sold for only $20K earlier in the year and makes this recent strong 4.0 TEC 35 a strong price.

I think it is still valued at $25k and up. I am wondering where the bidders were if a few have confirmed that it is a $25k+ book

For what it's worth I bid it over 20k, I couldn't believe where it was at( low side) but then got distracted with the kids. I think what also played a role and i may be wrong was i was really following the 31 as well and they both ended at roughly the same time.

I think it is still valued at $25k and up. I am wondering where the bidders were if a few have confirmed that it is a $25k+ book

I think it went at a discount because it didn't have as good of eye appeal as the 5.0 that is coming up in the Clink auction. I know I held off bidding because I want to take a shot at the 5.0. I'll probably end up with neither and regret not bidding on this one, but I'm sure I'm not the only potential bidder that did this.

Also, the ending time was only a few seconds before the ending time on the 31, which probably drew away the attention of at least a few bidders who were more concerned with the 31.

I expect that your 35 will do better than the Clink 35 because yours had the better eye appeal for the grade. I guess we'll see though.

For what it's worth I bid it over 20k, I couldn't believe where it was at( low side) but then got distracted with the kids. I think what also played a role and i may be wrong was i was really following the 31 as well and they both ended at roughly the same time.

I too believe that because both the Tec 29 and 31 ended at the same time, more people were watching the 31 auction and thus didn't have time to look at the 29 auction. I know that bidders love to bid at the last few seconds/snipe. I'm one of those bidders. It is what it is :sorry: